Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Australia's declining Happy Hard scene
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
oldskool
Starting Member

Australia
-973 posts
Posted - 2001/03/14 :  20:47:22  Show profile Send a private message  Visit oldskool's homepage
Australia's Happy Hardcore scene seems to be declining the way I see it.
Eversince I started listening to Happyhard in 1995, as the years went by , happy hard declined in popularity. People were starting to get into more Trance/Dance/Hard House/ Progressive Tunes which isn't bad (don't get me wrong) but what's happened to the good old happy hardcore days back in '95 when Happy Hard was the craze and I mean it kicked ass over House and Trance and that's the way it ought to be. thanks to Dj Fernando on 2GLF Fm 89.3 FM for the Happy Hardcore sets in '95, '96 Remember Scooter's song? Back In The Uk and the classics Sequential One's here we go again, Pump Up The Bass, Hand's Up! and Tokyo Ghetto Pussy's Kiss Your Lips, To Another Galaxy.. ,

Old School Hardcore!!

Alert moderator
silver
Admin

Japan
12,547 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2001/03/14 :  22:03:36  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
Glad to see you love the hardcore around, my favourite year is actually 1996, all the parties were crazy and yeah it did kick.... I much prefer HH music that trance and house and all that other fluff... But I can tell you that hardcore parties are really picking up in the UK and the US, more and more producers are coming out of the woodwork and happy hardcore record sales are up again from 1998. I admit hardcore took a dip in about 1998 but it's really coming back... If you want to hear more HH music at parties you goto I suggest talking to the DJ's you like the best, support them and let everyone know this is the music you like, that way other people will catch on and promoters will put more HH DJ's on at parties.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
oldskool
Starting Member

Australia
-973 posts
Posted - 2001/03/14 :  22:29:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit oldskool's homepage
the only problem is that there aren't that many 'BIG' dj's in Australia that I know of who play full-on HappyHard music only nowadays except guys like: Elroy, Silver (but you're located somewhere else), Weaver (from cpxfm), Sway, E:Razor?, Spellbound, Fenix, (these guys play Hardcore as well) and I don't know anymore...Do You?

Old School Hardcore!!

silver
Admin

Japan
12,547 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2001/03/14 :  23:38:22  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
The only reason really is that none of these DJ's (except myself and spellbound) have released tracks, they need to get their butts into a studio and write something to become famous. DJ Daydream is from Australia and he is popular outside Australia

happy_smilez

Australia
54 posts
Posted - 2001/03/15 :  05:09:34  Show profile  Send a private message
any one ever heard of a Western Australian DJ called DJ menace that guy kicked ass....im not sure what he is upto now i heard he made it big and is off somewhere....HE ROCKED I WANNA HEAR HIM AGAIN!!!!

anyone know any info??
keep it alive and hardcore
peace
lego

"now what goes better with alot of ecstacy than some hardcore gabber by me... Rob Gee"

oldskool
Starting Member

Australia
-973 posts
Posted - 2001/03/15 :  21:18:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit oldskool's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by happy_smilez:

any one ever heard of a Western Australian DJ called DJ menace that guy kicked ass....im not sure what he is upto now i heard he made it big and is off somewhere....HE ROCKED I WANNA HEAR HIM AGAIN!!!!

anyone know any info??
peace
lego

Never Heard of him but does he play Old Skool Happy Hardcore

Old School Hardcore!!

happy_smilez

Australia
54 posts
Posted - 2001/03/16 :  00:53:47  Show profile  Send a private message
yeah me makes it oldskool :)

out of dj's menace is the best
thats what i think
*laughs*
peace
lego

"now what goes better with alot of ecstacy than some hardcore gabber by me... Rob Gee"

silver
Admin

Japan
12,547 posts

894 hardcore releases
Posted - 2001/03/16 :  03:49:00  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
In reply to the orginal message, I don't think Hardcore in Australia is declinging at all, it is getting bigger and bigger from what I hear, I am not sugar coating anything here.

oldskool
Starting Member

Australia
-973 posts
Posted - 2001/03/18 :  17:59:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit oldskool's homepage
quote:

yeah me makes it oldskool :)

out of dj's menace is the best
thats what i think
*laughs*
peace
lego

Hey! Are you Dj Menace or what? You're trying to have me on, aren't you?

Old School Hardcore!!

oldskool
Starting Member

Australia
-973 posts
Posted - 2001/03/18 :  18:00:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit oldskool's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by silver:

In reply to the orginal message, I don't think Hardcore in Australia is declinging at all, it is getting bigger and bigger from what I hear, I am not sugar coating anything here.

That's true to a certain extent. But the Scene is nothing like it was back in the old days from 95 - 97,98...and I don't think it ever will be as good but we'll see in the coming years...

Old School Hardcore!!

silver
Admin

Japan
12,547 posts

894 hardcore releases
Posted - 2001/03/18 :  20:56:47  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
I didn't say it was better than 1995-1996, I was just saying that is wasn't declining.

n/a
Banned

6 posts
Posted - 2001/04/03 :  23:12:05  Show profile  Send a private message
i dont think its declining , it was for a while but now this streaming back to the good old days, i thought the same way too then i started buying progressive stuff , but at home and in my soul happy/hard core will never die as long as im in australia. wooooooooowooooooo

whats up gee?

Mikie
Starting Member

Canada
4 posts
Posted - 2001/04/04 :  10:04:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mikie's homepage
Don't feel bad guy.. it's going on a downturn everywhere I find these days... but don't dispair :) it'll get back up there sooner or later..

maybe it's not just me that happy hardcore is going to BOOM BOOM BOOMBOOM BOOM style not liek it used to be.. I miss oldkool HHC :)

and to get my HHC I gotta travel all the way to Cincinnati Ohio for my hardcore for easter weekend ;)
MC STROM BABY!! HIXXY!!! SIMON APEX!!

silver
Admin

Japan
12,547 posts

894 hardcore releases
Posted - 2001/04/04 :  11:55:44  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
I will have to say that hardcore WAS in a slump 1 year ago, but if you look at what the VirusX project (USA), Anabolic Frolic (Canada), Slammin Vinyl / Helter Skelter / Future Dance (UK), happyhardcore.com (international) are all doing as to the same time last year you can see it is coming back fast and strong!

oldskool
Starting Member

Australia
-973 posts
Posted - 2001/04/06 :  02:36:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit oldskool's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by silver:

I will have to say that hardcore WAS in a slump 1 year ago, but if you look at what the VirusX project (USA), Anabolic Frolic (Canada), Slammin Vinyl / Helter Skelter / Future Dance (UK), happyhardcore.com (international) are all doing as to the same time last year you can see it is coming back fast and strong!

But look at all the House/Trance/Dance events goin' on everywhere..people are jumpin' up and down in the clubs more often than not to... HARD HOUSE and PROGRESSIVE TRANCE in Oz. Everything's more House-oriented than Hardcore - isn't it ??

I Can Never Face Another Day.....Yeah....If there ain't no raver's groove to let me play...."

P4C3

Australia
25 posts
Posted - 2001/04/26 :  01:10:37  Show profile  Send a private message
quote:

anyone know any info??
peace
lego

His name is Menis, yer still around, running a hardcore club in Perth.
He is a really tight mixer and his style is really hard, lots of Next Generation stuff.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.22 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page