Unlicensed CD and tape packs
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 3

Author Thread  
Kx Hardcore

United Kingdom
29 posts
Posted - 2004/08/12 :  02:31:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
I think artists and the label manufacturers should get the money they deserve so they can get onto bringing out more and more tunes without any problems

Dont Forget The Cry Hardcore Will Never Die!!

Alert moderator Go to top of page
capone13
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,302 posts
capone13 has donated money to the site
Posted - 2004/08/12 :  09:45:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit capone13's homepage  Reply with quote
I don't really have a problem with the unlicensed cd/tape packs because it gives the artists more of a chance to let people hear their tunes and it will make them go out and buy them anyway, so it could be classed as promotion. It also lets up and coming DJ's that play at events get noticed, cause people say (Who's that? he's pretty good, wouldn't mind getting a mix of his!)

DJ J-me

SickPigRecords

United Kingdom
344 posts
SickPigRecords has donated money to the site SickPigRecords has attended 5 events
Posted - 2005/03/19 :  15:24:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit SickPigRecords's homepage  Reply with quote
hardcore wasn't to get wedge
4 the love of it and shiznit
if u want to make money u are in the wrong game unless it is commercialized
and then it WILL lose it's hardcore
plur ring any bells
tiz allready fading
this subject makes me most sad..

KILLER_V8 >:)
http://sick-pig-records.tripod.com/
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/7/chemistrysickpigrecords.htm

ryg0r
Advanced Member

Australia
2,807 posts

34 hardcore releases
ryg0r is verified hardcore artist ryg0r has donated money to the site ryg0r has attended 10 events
Posted - 2005/03/20 :  11:00:52  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
SickPig, I disagree.

Artists that spend enormous amounts of time making records deserve every penny. And they need it too. For Scotty, sales are his bread and butter. If he didn't get enough sales, he wouldn't have money for rent/food/undies/buying new gear/etc....

I think its good that the artists get paid, but also a downside because the wouldn't be as many CD's mixes and thus the distribution of hardcore would be diminshed.

This thing has its pluses and its downside.

-=[ryg0r]=-

djscorch
Average Member

United Kingdom
223 posts
djscorch has donated money to the site djscorch has attended 2 events
Posted - 2005/03/21 :  10:11:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djscorch's homepage  Reply with quote
If artists get royalties for the tracks of theirs that are played then everyone is gonna get scott brown syndrome and just play their own stuff all night - why play someone elses tunes if you can get paid for playing your own. This will be detrimental on the quality of sets - everyone will be doing their own live PA. Tapepacks have been going for years - they are a massive part of the culture, and problems like this have never arisen before. I think it's a sign of hardcore getting bigger, but also getting a little bit stuck up itself. It will reach the point where all the best sets will be played by up and coming dj's who don't give a shit and just play the tunes they think are wicked rather than worrying who is gonna get paid.

Seize the moment

slipknot02946
Starting Member

United States
3 posts
Posted - 2005/03/25 :  03:53:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit slipknot02946's homepage  Reply with quote
i see where this can go but free downloads=kick@$$ we all kno.
as for money to the record labels man they get publicity for sponsering so they should stfu its the starting bands that need the profits!!

lucificifus
Advanced Member

United States
1,518 posts
lucificifus has attended 2 events
Posted - 2005/03/25 :  05:19:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit lucificifus's homepage  Reply with quote
Unless your here for the gabber, forgive me for what I am about to say:

1) What the hell are you talking about? What record labels soaking up WHAT profit? Is there profit in hardcore? Since WHEN!

2) Refer to 1

-----------------------------
lookame! Ima attention whore!

jenks
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,682 posts

19 hardcore releases
jenks has attended 1 event
Posted - 2005/03/28 :  17:57:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit jenks's homepage  Reply with quote
Free downloads don't bother me because most hardcore fanatics would much sooner have a nice official CD than some mp3 on their pc...

Jax
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,676 posts
Jax has donated money to the site Jax has attended 6 events
Posted - 2005/04/18 :  23:13:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Jax's homepage  Reply with quote
i think illegal downloads only make the hardcore scene bigger. how many people download free mp3's and how many download ones they have to pay for? If it all goes legal the music wont get out to as many people, which is a bad thing IMO

kathryn
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,520 posts
kathryn has attended 3 events
Posted - 2005/04/20 :  10:53:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit kathryn's homepage  Reply with quote
I say keep selling the tapes,cd's whatever. I have been buying since early 90's and think its a good thing! Plus i think hardcore artists are paid enuff or they wouldnt keep bringing out these wicked cd,s. 'How else can i say, it i dont speak no other languages, so buckle up cos it,s gonna get Bumpy'

kmcginty

Edited by - kathryn on 2005/04/20 10:56:22
whispering

Finland
8,452 posts
whispering has donated money to the site
Posted - 2005/04/20 :  12:47:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit whispering's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by kathryn:
Plus i think hardcore artists are paid enuff or they wouldnt keep bringing out these wicked cd,s.

What ive heard the artists dont get shit, its pretty much "charity" from their end to produce the tracks. So its rather stupid to say they are paid enough.

Edited by - whispering on 2005/04/20 12:48:07
B.C
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,747 posts

35 hardcore releases
B.C has donated money to the site B.C has attended 10 events
Posted - 2005/04/20 :  13:20:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by slipknot02946:
i see where this can go but free downloads=kick@$$ we all kno.
as for money to the record labels man they get publicity for sponsering so they should stfu its the starting bands that need the profits!!

think your on the wrong forums man. this is for hardcore electronic music-not hardcore rock.

"Let's All Get Down!!"

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page