Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 The Beginning of Hardcore
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Elation
Average Member

Canada
232 posts
Posted - 2001/09/16 :  04:03:01  Show profile Send a private message  Visit Elation's homepage
hey lads!!! we got a bit o history here. Its taken from the United Dance anthems 88-92. i just really like what it had to say about the UNITY of the music and just who was around back then. i hope it rases your eyebrows as you progress... its a read, but its worth it. sorry for the inconsistency of it all, it was cut and paste.

Long, long ago in a galaxy far, far, away there was a country called Great Britain where dance music was a cult of the few and 'rave' a dated word with swingin' 60's connotations.
1988 changed an that.
What started as a few people partying in London and Manchester, creating their own' Summer of Love' with their own music and their own brand spanking new drug, became an unstoppable
juggernaut that now reaches the ears and dandng limbs of up-for-it minions. But what music it was! At first Dls would play whatever they could get hold of, mixing hip hop, reggae and other sound5 with the new AcId House pouring out of Chicago. Soon though as the movement
gathered pace and popularity, as thousand5 rather than hundreds appeared at coun- tryside locations for vast one-off events, a definite musical style evolved 'Anthems 2 -'88 -'92' is exactly that -Anthems!
Stand out tracks that defined their time absolutely, records that were made to be partied hard to but had a futurist edge which fasdnated those who chose to look deeper. These are moments in time, some of them long forgotten nuggets of gold whose opening chords win trigger euphoric memories for many; crystallised moments from the days when dance music hadn't split into little catorgries with their own separate followings; an era when, whether Dl or raver, everyone went out and got nutted, seriously sweaty to that sound...captured moments... ~
Dandng in a club in Leicester when the chopped rhythms and sweeping bass of Renegade
Soundwave's 'The Phantom' first assaulted mye It sounded poweiful and unearthly and would provide one of the blueprints for that uniquely British brand of breakbeat known as jungle.

Dl Slipmatt, now known as 'tbe godfather of happy hardcore', dropping Fast Eddie's '1 Can Dance' to hordes of ACIEEl).heads at Raindance and a chorns of approval
john Truelove and a mate mixingjamie Principle's 'Your Love' with a Candi Stanton accappella to create 1990's
king of bootlegs. He and hls Truelove labels are stiU going strong. As Is hls first tune.
Stakker stating the case for British techno practically before it was invented with 'Humanoid', then metamorphostzing into Future Sound of London and producing the startlingly ahead-Qfits-time 'Papua New Guinea'.
Casper Pound hammered hardcore home and set up RIsIng
High Records on tbe back of 'ThIs House Is Mine' but he started
out as the homeboy in A Homeboy, A Hippie and A Funky Dredd who boiled dens like Sterns and tbe Labyrinth into a state of
Total Confusion'.
The future promoter of one of Britain's rave organlsations propped against a wall in Echoes nightclub, near tbe Bow flyover, East London. He's masbed but when Tony Wilson lets rip with 'Break 4 Love' by Raze he's on the floor throwing arms-in-the-air shapes with the best of them.
"Mr Kirk?" "Yes... " "Do you have a son named Robert, Robert Kirk aged 17?" "Yes..." "I'm sorry, Mr Kirk,
you'd better come down to the station-house, your son Is dead. " "Dead? How?" "He died of an overdose... " REINFORCED Records are go...

Low Frequency Osctllation -that's what LFO stands for and along wtth Nightmares On Wax they suddenly put tiny experlmenta/ Sbeffield label W ARP in the charts
(along with Sweet Exorcist) began a craze for 'Bleep' musicfeaturlng bass patterns that couldn't go any lower.
Michael Wells and the late Lee Newman had been creating twisted electronica since forever but as GTO they embraced the new dancing generation and fired themselves onto the decks of Colins Favr and Dale.
'Go' by Moby and 'Bombscare' by 2 Bad Mice -dId they ever go away?
Hype ruled the Orange Club every weekend and wben be cut between two copies of his own 'Soundclash' (as Kicksquad) aU tbe MC bad to do was roar his name to send tbe crowd into such mayhem you couldn't even bear tbe tune.
'Quadropbonta', tbe Eclipse, Centreforce, FM; Seduction going Top Twenty...
But every track has more baggage than needs ta/king about here. Everyone's memories are different and it doesn't matter wbetber you were there or not Put simply, tbese are everfresh, often difficult to get bold of musical gems from 'Back in tbe day' when aU tbe flavours of dance .were united
UNITED DANCE!
Take it away, Mr Slipmatt .H Green

(:(:happyhardcoresmiles:):)

Alert moderator
DJTempo

21 posts
Posted - 2001/09/16 :  04:57:20  Show profile  Send a private message
Nice bit of history there. Thanks.

There is only ONE, me.....

Alert moderator Go to top of page
ian

Australia
94 posts
Posted - 2001/09/16 :  06:34:08  Show profile  Send a private message
Whoa... I think I need a translater

Did you scan this?

Elation
Average Member

Canada
232 posts
Posted - 2001/09/16 :  16:05:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elation's homepage
yea, it was scanned and saved as text, so its kinda choppy, but its worth it.

(:(:happyhardcoresmiles:):)

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.58 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page