Total online 1431
 Radio listeners 151+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - other genre
 Jungle or Drum n Bass wotz the difference.........
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
DJ STYLUS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,661 posts

21 hardcore releases
Posted - 2001/09/17 :  11:18:38  Show profile Send a private message
Wot is the difference between Jungle and Drum n Bass, they are both annoying, and sound identicle. I can't see how they call that shat music

Just close your eyes and dream with me, you'll hear the sound of music.

Alert moderator
MC RizlaDizla
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,056 posts
MC RizlaDizla is verified hardcore artist MC RizlaDizla has attended 20 events
Posted - 2001/09/17 :  11:43:18  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit MC RizlaDizla's homepage
Its kinda like hardcore (oldskool) and happy hardcore.

Jungle tends to have a lighter side than D&B. More of a reggae sound to it with some of the vocals. The drums sound more 'real' tends to be breakier.

But they basically are the same thing.

"Oh my goodness, Oh my Gosh. Here we go with a badboy rush".

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Elation
Average Member

Canada
232 posts
Posted - 2001/09/17 :  18:53:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elation's homepage
ohhh...come on now...jungle/drum n bass is damn good. --wasnt it called drum n bass first, then dubbed jungle when new styles emerged--
i like the stuff from PRE 97, but theres still tunes that f**kin kik. the older 94/95 stuff has some of the PHATTEST breaks...breaks is what i love about HHC, so naturaly im a fanatic for the older jungle. not to mention HHC and DRUM N BASS both morphed from HARDCORE TECHNO. how can you deny the power some jungle/drum n bass has??? to each their own i guess.

(:(:happyhardcoresmiles:):)

happyraveruk

United Kingdom
254 posts
Posted - 2001/09/17 :  18:58:16  Show profile  Send a private message
no no no, u got it all wrong - jungle and drum & bass are exactly the same thing. it was called jungle up until around 95, and they changed the name to drum and bass, partly because that is a more accurate description of the genre, but also due to jungle being a bit on the dicriminating and racist side, and generalising it as black people being the only ones that listened to it, when at the time, and still, it was made up of equal ammounts of white and black and other races. this piece of information is accurate, as it came straight from the mouth of grooverider, whose been in the scene since the beginning. the only reason you think that the drums sound more real, is because of newer styles of drum and bass such as tech step, and the increasingly speedier drum and bass. drum and bass - just like hardcore is getting a lot faster, and so there really isn't a difference - it's like comparing the hardcore from 93/94 to the current releases of 2000/01. a lot of the older jungle used more ragga vocal samples and slower drums, but like anything, it progressed and developed.

You look like you're in another world, but i can read your mind. 4 o'clock in the morning, and it's starting to get light.

Elation
Average Member

Canada
232 posts
Posted - 2001/09/17 :  19:01:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elation's homepage
ahhh!!! koul, thanks fer the history happyraveruk. i didnt follow jungle too hard.

huggablez420

United States
34 posts
Posted - 2001/09/26 :  11:11:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit huggablez420's homepage
I happen to be a BIG fan of Jungle/ DrumNBass. I hear a lot of really good DJ's and mostly I can say that I noticed that Jungle tends to have a LOT more drums and drum Sequences than DNB, and it also tends to have less (if any)melodic vocals. (I'm shooting from my miniscule knowledge here, so tell me if I'm wrong.)

"Open your eyes, see all the love in me..."

P.L.U.R!

DJ STYLUS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,661 posts

21 hardcore releases
Posted - 2001/09/26 :  11:49:11  Show profile  Send a private message
OldSkool breakbeat SERIOUSLY slashes all ova so called DRUMnBASS / Jungle.

OldSkkol has vocals, instramets, drum loops, etc. . .

DRUMnBASS has a sort of naff sound. Constant crappy drum beats, with nakard bass lines (although some bass lines r cool, but rare).

Stick with OldSkool or an alternative, HappyCore.

Can't you see I love it, baby when it hurts you so.

Elation
Average Member

Canada
232 posts
Posted - 2001/09/26 :  14:07:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elation's homepage
you really dont like jungle?

thats wierd...

virus
Advanced Member

Canada
4,346 posts

716 hardcore releases
virus has attended 41 events
Posted - 2001/09/26 :  22:47:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit virus's homepage
new dark jungle sounds like techno to me, really minimal and repetitive.

it also seems like each track is in a contest to see who can make the darkest sounds possible.

adam

huggablez420

United States
34 posts
Posted - 2001/09/28 :  10:23:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit huggablez420's homepage
Man, if people I know read this bashing, they'd DIE. HA HA HA. It's funny for me to see something OTHER than HHC getting put down.

Just a slight comment/question on Jungle/DNB getting faster....

Does anyone like Deiselboy? He's a FLAWLESS Jungle DJ whom I've seen quite often and I have all of his cd's. It seems to me that this music is SOOO much faster than other djs (Dara or DB, for example). Does anyone know how MUCH faster?

"Open your eyes, see all the love in me..."

P.L.U.R!

Elation
Average Member

Canada
232 posts
Posted - 2001/09/28 :  20:01:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elation's homepage
i agree with virus, that jungle now is really repetative and it has alot of farty bass in it too. i liked the days of nice rolly bass and some kik azz interesting break loops. up to 97. after that, i didnt like it very much.

DG Serena
Starting Member

1 post
Posted - 2001/09/29 :  23:18:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DG Serena's homepage
as someone said earlier, drum and bass and jungle infact ARE the SAME THING. just two different names
jungle being its original name, but drum and bass the 'new age' name - it being 'politically correct' and non-racist since jungle was used to describe the african americans whom started out listening and producing it.

and for whoever thinks drum and bass/jungle is crap.. you have to be a REAL music lover if you can respect all music.. if not.. youre just another kid who doesnt know the difference between genres and how music became anyway.

DJ STYLUS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,661 posts

21 hardcore releases
Posted - 2001/09/30 :  11:33:35  Show profile  Send a private message
Yep thatz me!!!!!!!!

StrifeII
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,143 posts
StrifeII is verified hardcore artist
Posted - 2001/09/30 :  14:47:22  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit StrifeII's homepage
im no expert but i reakon drum n bass is harder and jungle is more melodic.. if you compared "book of the bad vol 1" by bad company with "spiritual aura" by engineers without fears, you WOULD say that spiritual aura is more melodic and lighter..unless you turn the bass up a bit too high!!!

------------------------------------------------------------
http://artists2.iuma.com/IUMA/Bands/Robbie_Jay/

DJ STYLUS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,661 posts

21 hardcore releases
Posted - 2001/10/01 :  08:23:57  Show profile  Send a private message
To be honest I don't think that Drum n bass and Jungle are the SAME!!!! After listening to more of both, they seem well apart. Also I thought I'd say the Dj Rap stuff such as engineers without fears, is NOT drum n bass, it's OldSkool. Cause I had it on a December 94 Helter Skelter tape.

Anyone who said Drum n Bass IS jungle IS wrong!!!!!

Thats like sayin' Rap is R+B.

_=-=_+_+_=-=_+-=---+_+_+_+_=-=-+_=-=

happyraveruk

United Kingdom
254 posts
Posted - 2001/10/01 :  11:37:59  Show profile  Send a private message
well then it's you vs grooverider mate. not tryin to argue, but i think someone that was around from the beginning of old skool and the beginning of jungle/drum and bass should know his music and the scene. if u wanna get in contact wiv him, be my guest, but i think you're in a losing battle mate. hehe.

You look like you're in another world, but i can read your mind. 4 o'clock in the morning, and it's starting to get light.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 2.09 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page