Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Events: Rest of the world
 Happy Hardcore in Boston
 Printer friendly

Only administrators or moderators can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
b1o
Starting Member

United States
13 posts
Posted - 2001/09/19 :  13:18:56  Show profile Send a private message  Visit b1o's homepage
First off is there any happy hardcore scene in boston? I've looked and can't find a single thing. The last person IIRC who played a happy hardcore set in boston was Cloudskipper back on April 7th 2000 at Rise, which I was unable to attend :(. I was just wondering if anyone knew of some happy hardcore event or a sort of happy hardcore group in the Boston area?

Edited by - b1o on 19 Sep 2001 13:29:49

Alert moderator
Shinxy

United States
25 posts
Posted - 2001/10/01 :  22:56:14  Show profile  Send a private message
My question exactly.

What I've heard from a bunch of people (people outside of the Boston scene itself, like on the West Coast, mind you) is that Boston has a bigger HHC scene than most east coast places. Now, this seems to be ******** to me, because I can't find a single party. However, maybe it's a more underground scene, wouldn't surprise me because all the events in Boston proper are supposed to be closed down before 2, and that's no way to have a rave, now is it?

Anyway, I'm going to the 2AM project in Springfield this November 11th, hopefully one of the DJs they lined up for the hardcore room will throw in some happy style.

"Of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong. I'm mad, but not ill."
-Robert Anton Wilson, "Werewolf Bridge"

Alert moderator Go to top of page
b1o
Starting Member

United States
13 posts
Posted - 2001/10/01 :  23:48:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit b1o's homepage
I'm having limited success finding any sort of HHC scene in Boston. The only good leads I have is a damn good vinyl store on Newbury street called Boston Beats. They have a small HHC collection (It's labeled UK HARDCORE) but there's supposed to be a girl who works there who is supposedly into happy hardcore. When I find the time I'll get around to talking to her and seeing if a HHC scene does exist in boston. I'll post the results here.

virus
Advanced Member

Canada
4,346 posts

716 hardcore releases
virus has attended 41 events
Posted - 2001/10/02 :  00:51:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit virus's homepage
isnt luna-c playing there on dec. 8th?

entropy's party?

adam

b1o
Starting Member

United States
13 posts
Posted - 2001/10/02 :  10:42:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit b1o's homepage
Do you know where this party is supposed to be? Where I could find a flyer or websites?

milo
Advanced Member

Canada
3,391 posts

347 hardcore releases
milo is verified hardcore artist milo has attended 89 events
Posted - 2001/10/14 :  01:01:37  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit milo's homepage
i'm going to be in boston the first weekend of december (1st and 2nd) to "look at colleges" i believe, n e one care to meet up possibly?

"It's all good..."

b1o
Starting Member

United States
13 posts
Posted - 2001/10/14 :  08:59:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit b1o's homepage
that'd work, where abouts are you going to be and how much free time will you have?

update on my search for a HHC scene in boston, well the girl who works at boston beat doesn't spin happy hardcore, only hardcore. So now I'm back to square one. I looked into the Entropy thing on dec. 8th, anyone else in the boston area want to go to this?

New EventPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.03 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page