Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music production & Gear talk
 got beat matching, but...
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
b1o
Starting Member

United States
13 posts
Posted - 2001/09/19 :  16:06:01  Show profile Send a private message  Visit b1o's homepage
i'm pretty sure that i can beat match most 4beat records, now how do i make the beat matching sound good? there still is the problem of everything else aside from the bass line sounding really odd. Also I've tried various things like beat matching on channel 2, then lowering the volume of channel 2 to a min. then crossfading over and raising channel 2 in a hope of not making channel 1 sound cut off or very noticable when the music goes away, but none of the things I've tried have worked. Any help here would be appreciated.

Alert moderator
MC RizlaDizla
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,056 posts
MC RizlaDizla is verified hardcore artist MC RizlaDizla has attended 20 events
Posted - 2001/09/19 :  19:22:43  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit MC RizlaDizla's homepage
when you've got the beats matched, tease the other record a bit by whacking the cross fader over for 1 beat and then back to the other one again.

Best thing to do though is listen to a tape or a mixed cd, and get idead from there.

"Oh my goodness, Oh my Gosh. Here we go with a badboy rush".

Alert moderator Go to top of page
dj-efeks

Australia
298 posts
Posted - 2001/09/20 :  01:10:25  Show profile  Send a private message
try also to find records that will mix together well, ie if the part of the track you are planning to mix into is very noisey with a strong bass beat, then try maybe mixing in something that isnt so noisy and bring it in slowly, so that it sounds alot 'cleaner'.... just an idea =>

...we were taught to believe, that everyone was created equal in the masterplan...

SorceryKid

United States
32 posts
Posted - 2001/09/23 :  02:11:41  Show profile  Send a private message
With 4-beat dance music, it's usually best to start on a 32-count (preferably a 64-count) and then beatmix in on the 4-counts. Long lead-ins are really helpful to accomplish this. With 170+ bpm, that usually means starting at least 22 seconds before the end of the outgoing track. How you actually mix, will depend on the tunes in question. Practice fading, punching, scratching, and slamming and see what works best in different situations.

For example I might try to time a transition such that as a heavier beat kicks in on the incoming track, the main bassline of the outgoing track drops off. Obviously this means knowing your albums backwards and forwards. Don't be surprised if you start thinking of all music in terms of mixing! Buy a new album, and you'll know by ear that it has the same tempo and key as this other album. "Hey this would mix perfectly." That's the mindset that you'll develop with time and practice

--DJ SorceryKid

Dj Matt Strukcha
Starting Member

United Kingdom
9 posts
Posted - 2001/10/03 :  17:35:35  Show profile  Send a private message
U might want to try just mixing with the drum patterns first - get the tunes in sync so for every phrase in each tune they change together - dont worry about how ur mixing sounds if uve only just mastered beat matching - I'm totally self taught the way I learnt was to listen to alot of different djs wiv different styles of mixing that way u can fuse 2 different styles together - I do sum really wierd shit wiv my mixing I scratch also - if u master scratching then ur mixing wont count as much ppl realise that u need time to scracth as well as matching the tunes;) best of luck son - Dj Matt Strukcha

What do you do?

What can you do?

What can you do?

milo
Advanced Member

Canada
3,391 posts

347 hardcore releases
milo is verified hardcore artist milo has attended 89 events
Posted - 2001/10/05 :  17:36:17  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit milo's homepage
one thing i find to be very helpful is using the treb, mid, and bass controls, i find it makes things nice and smoothe soudning, if somethign is coming in and it doesn't blend stuf yet, take it down and up and such, the bass control is great help i think cuz it stops the bass kicks from cancelling eachother out sometimes when their in beat (n e one now what i'm talking about?)

Dj Matt Strukcha
Starting Member

United Kingdom
9 posts
Posted - 2001/10/06 :  06:37:27  Show profile  Send a private message
Yeh but beat cancelling sounds good - means that ur mixing is Spot on - but if u really dont like it then follow wot ise says=)

What do you do?

What can you do?

What can you do?

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.11 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page