Total online 2101
 Radio listeners 154+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music production & Gear talk
 Needing help from Big, literate DJs out there!
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Dave-Rayvon

United Kingdom
78 posts
Posted - 2001/09/24 :  17:52:39  Show profile Send a private message
I'm thinking of purchasing some turntables. Now, I've had a few goes on my friends, my mixing isn't amazing but over time I have noticed a little progress (dont ask about my scratching!) but some how I find it addictive. What equipment do you lot recomend as I am so illiterate when it comes to this lol.

Dave!

Alert moderator
Elation
Average Member

Canada
232 posts
Posted - 2001/09/24 :  18:46:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elation's homepage
industry standard is usually Technics, for decks anyway, but if you dont have the bucks to spend...then you might look at Gemini. people may say that Gemini is crap, but ive been using a wee Gemini mixer for about 2 years now with no faults or crossfader static. you can also look at Vestax and Stanton. even buying a DJ magazine can help out. the ads are usually at the back. then you can compare prices and features eaisly. on line company sites too.

you should get a mixer with BASS, MID, and LOW, knobs and kill switches for all of them. you can then add to your mix with EQ changes. alot of techno does that. also make shure you have levels for left and right channels and not just a center/master channel. then you can tell if the next track comming in is too quiet or too loud.

just a couple of things.

(:(:happyhardcoresmiles:):)

Alert moderator Go to top of page
DJ Mouse
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,687 posts
DJ Mouse has attended 1 event
Posted - 2001/09/25 :  19:12:23  Show profile  Send a private message
people have asked me this before,i always tell them to start off on a good set of belt drive decks,because if you learn how to mix on belt drives then mixing on direct drive decks comes naturally,but it doesn't apply the other way around unfortunately,but it's debateable because when the times comes to sell them and get better decks,then you've got more chance of selling direct drives,even though a set of belt drives for £250-£300 a pair would probably be better than direct drive decks selling at the same price

djm
it's like a dream,no end and no beginning...

Dave-Rayvon

United Kingdom
78 posts
Posted - 2001/09/26 :  12:36:54  Show profile  Send a private message
I've been searching around and found a direct drive package for £350 (this was off HTFR.com) whereas in a local shop there are some belt drives priced at £400. Both are Numark and both contain the same Gemini mixer. I have never been on a pair of direct drive turntables, only belt drives. Is there really much difference?

Dave!

DJ Mouse
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,687 posts
DJ Mouse has attended 1 event
Posted - 2001/09/27 :  10:03:46  Show profile  Send a private message
belt drives for £400? damn,they'll be the dog's b***ocks,if you've got the cash there and since you're only just starting out then i'd go for them,just bear in mind that you won't get £400 back when the time comes to sell them

djm
it's like a dream,no end and no beginning...

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.87 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page