Printer friendly
Page: 
of 5

Author Thread  
axid
Starting Member

United Kingdom
11 posts
Posted - 2004/06/12 :  01:20:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit axid's homepage  Reply with quote
well i'll probably be in the enigma tavern gettin a few bevvies in around half seven with me mates.

lemme no an we'll keep an eye out for yas!

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Chris B
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,964 posts
Chris B has attended 30 events
Posted - 2004/06/12 :  13:05:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Chris B's homepage  Reply with quote
Sound m8 i'll c wat time i get to this enigma tavern look out 4 the orange target.

Oli G
Advanced Member

United States
1,817 posts
Oli G is verified hardcore artist Oli G has donated money to the site Oli G has attended 41 events
Posted - 2004/06/13 :  14:17:17  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Oli G's homepage  Reply with quote
How ****ing good was that!

:D:D:D:D

*still buzzin*

More Information
http://www.camelrecords.co.uk

\o/ <o/ \o> <o> /o\ _o/ \o_

http://www.myspace.com/camelrecords

genericrevolution
Average Member

United Kingdom
173 posts
genericrevolution has attended 1 event
Posted - 2004/06/14 :  11:48:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit genericrevolution's homepage  Reply with quote
WHAT A F\/CKING NIGHT THAT WAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<<stage dancer in the devil outfit... hmmmmm lol

enVias
Average Member

Australia
160 posts
enVias has donated money to the site
Posted - 2004/06/15 :  13:11:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit enVias's homepage  Reply with quote
was great Nice to meet new people :)
loz x

~Hardcore u kno the score~

Zane
Starting Member

United Kingdom
3 posts
Posted - 2004/06/15 :  16:36:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
What an absolute crock of crap that was. Many ravers enjoyed the music to be true but there was an underlying story that never gets told.
1) 2 arenas compared to the hardcore heaven rave when more rooms and even a chill out area which was desperately needed.
2) Poor ventalation led to ravers vomiting and passing out. The damn ceilings werent even covered so daylight was pouring in though the inactive fans.
3) Security was absolutely dismal. A dealer with 130 pills was kicked out and no police presence called.
4) A female raver was caught and stripped searched by a MALE security guard. They dont even have the power to do that without police presence do they?
I was totally disgusting with the whole under organsiation of this. Uproar seriously need to address the security issuse for not only their own protection but for the ravers themselves. Until i hear of improvment i simply refuse to attend any more raves provided by this company.

Ps:- Information on the persons involved is not available due to rights of privacy and under fear of retribution of uproar.

Ravers come and go the music will live forever!!

Oli G
Advanced Member

United States
1,817 posts
Oli G is verified hardcore artist Oli G has donated money to the site Oli G has attended 41 events
Posted - 2004/06/15 :  22:15:18  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Oli G's homepage  Reply with quote
Zane, i cant comment on the first point
but the rest ill say as much as i can on it (im not connected to uproar in anyway)

2) Poor ventalation led to ravers vomiting and passing out. The damn ceilings werent even covered so daylight was pouring in though the inactive fans.

Sanc has been like that since day one, EVERY rave in that place is like it

3) Security was absolutely dismal. A dealer with 130 pills was kicked out and no police presence called.

Sanc security are notorious ****s, thats the sanc's fault and not uproars, plus theres only one event left for this crapness to happen in anyhow

4) A female raver was caught and stripped searched by a MALE security guard. They dont even have the power to do that without police presence do they?
I was totally disgusting with the whole under organsiation of this. Uproar seriously need to address the security issuse for not only their own protection but for the ravers themselves. Until i hear of improvment i simply refuse to attend any more raves provided by this company.

Sanc security again, Uproar do not have ANY control over the security as they merely hire the venue, the same goes for slammin vinyl, hardcore heaven, accelerated culture, and any other rap/dance/hip hop concerts/raves/events that take place in this arena

Hope that may help, i know its still a problem, the security are ****ing bastards and i hate them, but there isnt anything rude or seduction could have done about it, and this is why i think its great the sanctuary is now gone, although i love the place

More Information
http://www.camelrecords.co.uk

\o/ <o/ \o> <o> /o\ _o/ \o_

http://www.myspace.com/camelrecords

MC Rude

United Kingdom
95 posts
MC Rude has attended 22 events
Posted - 2004/06/16 :  16:51:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit MC Rude's homepage  Reply with quote
Edited, see post below.

Edited by - MC Rude on 2004/06/17 10:42:00
MC Rude

United Kingdom
95 posts
Posted - 2004/06/16 :  16:57:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit MC Rude's homepage  Reply with quote
PS, I would like to thank all of you guys who turned up to support us & see off the Sanctuary in style, it's all about you guys & we rteally hope you enjoyed it as we put 200% effort into the event !

Sorry about the above negative post, but when people make unfounded accusations such as the above, I feel that I have defend us as strngly as possible.

Once again, thanks for coming & we hope to see you all at the next one !

Cheers,
Rude :-)

Check http://www.rudeboy1.co.uk
for info & event dates

Zane
Starting Member

United Kingdom
3 posts
Posted - 2004/06/16 :  19:31:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
In reply to your message in view of being accused of just trying to slag you off that was not my intention. Sure seduction would have some concerns knowing this is happening (or do they not know? if not why not??).
As for making ravers ill this was over the whole cast of ravers. many being sick on the dance floor due to heat.
To be fair if security is lacking and is known to be lacking why has the issue not been addressed long before now or uproar done something to either get them to improve it or refuse to hold raves there until it is stepped up?
All this matters no longer as the sanctuary will be knocked down (wonder if bits are geting sold at last rave heh heh).
As for the fact you accuse me of not even being a real raver then you are mistaken. How can you base anything to come to a decision from one post?
If you are truely a representative of the organisers of the rave you would address these safety issues seriously instead of using childish words such as *Muppet*.
Not that i care on your thoughts. Other than the ignored issues as above the music was good and i hold a lot of respect for the dj's that had to perform in those conditions.
Btw you also accused me of being another promoter, no your inaccuracy strikes you again. I am meerly a dj and a raver concerned for patrons health and saftey as every company and dj should be.
Sorry if i caused you any disconcern but maybe you should take time to look at it from the ravers point of view and actually watch what happens.

DJ Mole
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,505 posts
DJ Mole has attended 7 events
Posted - 2004/06/16 :  19:48:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Mole's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Zane:
In reply to your message in view of being accused of just trying to slag you off that was not my intention. Sure seduction would have some concerns knowing this is happening (or do they not know? if not why not??).
As for making ravers ill this was over the whole cast of ravers. many being sick on the dance floor due to heat.
To be fair if security is lacking and is known to be lacking why has the issue not been addressed long before now or uproar done something to either get them to improve it or refuse to hold raves there until it is stepped up?
All this matters no longer as the sanctuary will be knocked down (wonder if bits are geting sold at last rave heh heh).
As for the fact you accuse me of not even being a real raver then you are mistaken. How can you base anything to come to a decision from one post?
If you are truely a representative of the organisers of the rave you would address these safety issues seriously instead of using childish words such as *Muppet*.
Not that i care on your thoughts. Other than the ignored issues as above the music was good and i hold a lot of respect for the dj's that had to perform in those conditions.
Btw you also accused me of being another promoter, no your inaccuracy strikes you again. I am meerly a dj and a raver concerned for patrons health and saftey as every company and dj should be.
Sorry if i caused you any disconcern but maybe you should take time to look at it from the ravers point of view and actually watch what happens.

I never went to this event as i live in crap whole (rnb central) scotland but did it eve occur to u that it might not of only been the heat that made the people sick but maybe the fact that drinks got spike or people were too pished or anything like that but anyway how old are you

3 top tunes atm are:

1.CLSM - Free Your Mind (Sy & Unknown Remix)

2.Dougal & Gammer - Rainfall (Remix)

3.Dougal & Gammer - Addictions

All Scottish ppl must go to Totally Bonkers Live 31st July, Carling Academy, 9pm - 3am

raverdave
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
517 posts
raverdave has attended 1 event
Posted - 2004/06/16 :  20:04:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Never been to the sanc have ya mole? it's honestly like raving in a sauna, really oppressive. Puts a bit of a downer on it for me cos i can only stand it for about half an hour before going outside for a breather.

It was the hottest i've ever felt it on saturaday so I was sensible, had loads of water and took long breaks. Had a brilliant time and didn't puke on the dancefloor once!

Long live the uproar!

HaRdCoRe HuStLeR!!! HaRdCoRe HuStLeR!!!

HaRdCoRe HuStLeR!!! HaRdCoRe HuStLeR!!!

cyantst

United Kingdom
34 posts
cyantst has attended 3 events
Posted - 2004/06/17 :  00:01:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by molesociety:
quote:
Originally posted by Zane:

I never went to this event as i live in crap whole (rnb central) scotland but did it eve occur to u that it might not of only been the heat that made the people sick but maybe the fact that drinks got spike or people were too pished or anything like that but anyway how old are you

As the boyfriend of the girl who was caught with a small number of pills i would like to comment.

first to the security at the rave, all other issues aside, most ravers take drugs, this IS illegal and SOULD be reported to the police, this i don't have a problem with but as she was carrying my pills as well as i had no pockets you suspected dealing but if you had just listened to her and found me not 10 foot from where you had found her the whole issue could have been resolved with out police intervention, the other thing that has REALY ****ed me off was that at slammin vinyl a dealer with 130 pills, I'll say that again 130 pills, was let of with a stern talking to. Just as a side note my girlfriend was handed to the police at midnight(ish) and I only found out after 2 hours of worring what had happened this compleatly distroyed the rave for me as for my girlfriend she had to stay in a police cell (for the first time) for over 13 hours and yes she has nightmears now you ****ing basterds!!!!!! (sorry it needed to be said)
I do not blame seduction for this but do question the wissdom in allowing the security that have caused problems for 10 years to watch the rave and ruin it so wonderfully for my group of friend and at least 5 other groups who had friend caught on MINOR drug charges.

At the end of the day small amounts of drugs should be taken and the police need not be involed, Keep the raves for the ravers.

P.S. zane is not a rival promotor but I am and I think uproar was wonderful but as for the ventalation I have to agree with as I DON'T smoke fags and noticed nicotine poisioning withing the first hour, I just have a strong gut and don't have to throw up on the dance floor, in fact what was the deal with all the people being sick where they were it was ****ing gross SORT IT OUT TOWNYS

MC Rude

United Kingdom
95 posts
Posted - 2004/06/17 :  10:57:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit MC Rude's homepage  Reply with quote
Right OK, let's start again with this one.

With regard to the Security, there have been problems for many years at the venue, this came to a head last year after numerous complains on USH.net & other websites regarding ALL events held at the venue, we at Uproar together with the boys at Slammin & some of the D&B promoters who used the venue all voiced our concerns to the management & asked them to sort this out, the result was that for the next few events the Security seemed much better & the feedback we were getting was reflecting that. On Saturday it seems that there were some incidents again, there was nothing we could do on the night as we do not control the secuity at the venue. As you correctly stated the venue is now closing so we could not threaten not to use the venue etc again if they didn't sort out the security, we will be moving to a new venue & please please assured that when choosing any future venues, the first concideration is your comfort & security.
With regards to the amount of arena's, there were what was stated on the flyer, 2 arena's, why did you expect more if they were not on ther flyer ? With regard to the chill out area, we opened the outside of the Sanctuary & included a Fairground ride, Food stall & slush puppies / ices creams etc, this is in effect a chillout area It's outside !) & is exactly the same as at Hardcore Heaven.

"Poor ventalation led to ravers vomiting and passing out. The damn ceilings werent even covered so daylight was pouring in though the inactive fans."

Sanc has been like that since day one, EVERY rave in that place is like it

(This is true, I have been to the Sanctuary at least 100 times & it has always been like that, you can't cover the whole ceiling as you have electrics for the lights etc, all the trussing that holdss the lights up, no other event does this so to single us out in such a way is completely unfair)

I am sorry you had a bad event, we want all our customers to have a good time.
I am co-promoter of Uproar with DJ Seduction, if you don't want to believe me then fair enough, it doesn't matter to me, but why else do you think I would be so passionate about it ?

I do not wish to spend anymore time on this, but your comments with regard to security etc have been noted & again I am sorry you had a bad night.

Rude.

Check http://www.rudeboy1.co.uk
for info & event dates

Zane
Starting Member

United Kingdom
3 posts
Posted - 2004/06/17 :  11:50:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Okay apologies to mc rude as you seemed to take offense to my first post and that was not its intention. Your secon dpost however was what i would have expected. Polite and informative so thank-you for that. I wont dwell on this any longer but as you say security issues have been noted i will try another uproar gathering sometime in the future.
To be honest forums like these are rarely attendend by the promoters or organisers in my past experience. In this case i am happily proved wrong.
Good Luck at the next one MC Rude.

ps:- Falling asleep in sun the day after rave may result in overcooked ravers (Stupid sunburnt forhead :S)

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 5 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.81 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page