Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music discussion - other genre
 Hard Trance and NU NRG!!
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
DJ e-Klyps

United Kingdom
258 posts
Posted - 2001/03/27 :  11:45:32  Show profile Send a private message
I was just wondering what people think of this. By hard trance i mean DJ's like Mark EG and M-Zone. Nu nrg seems to be a newer style hitting the UK of late. People like DJ stompy are doin it.

PLUR=
Peace
Love
Unity
Respect

Alert moderator
Soren

United States
499 posts
Posted - 2001/03/27 :  13:36:26  Show profile  Send a private message
I like older hard trance when it was more acidy and pretty like '96-'98 Eve, Prolekult, and Tellica records. Now a days it got more dark and minmal, which is not good in my book.

NRG is ok, Kaktai and Tidy Tracks are putting out some ok stuff, but for the speed most ppl are pushing (155+ BPM) it's to minimal to hold my legs interest on the dance floor. NRG to me is music for ppl that don't want to admit they love HHC, so they slow it down a bit and take out the prettyness and call it more "real". And without big cheesy vocals it becomes more commercially acceptable. A lot of the elements are the same still. I still buy some NRG vinyl though cause it's better than most types of music for me.

(Yukky on all DJ's that have "With his/her patented dark/ minimal/ dark-minimal style in their bio's)

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Soren

United States
499 posts
Posted - 2001/03/27 :  13:43:46  Show profile  Send a private message
Oh yeah, and poo on "Deep" music in general!!! Deep trance and house need to be put in the toilet with all the other arse waste.

"Hey if we make it slow and minmal and cut all the high freq's it'll be intelligent right?!? Right??!!!?! Right??!!!?!?!?!?!"

"Easy listening techno?!!??!!???!!??!!!?"

Rotis

Sweden
129 posts
Posted - 2001/03/28 :  03:26:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Rotis's homepage
Deep music sux...

Hardcore will never die!

DJ e-Klyps

United Kingdom
258 posts
Posted - 2001/03/28 :  14:19:40  Show profile  Send a private message
Hmmm, interesting point on NRG. When i spin i tend to mix in some energy but allways speed it upto hardcore speed.

At some events when the DJ's change from hardcore to an NRG/Trance DJ it seemd to kill the speed and energy due to the slowness of the music compared to HC. On the minimalist point, yeah i agree its shat.

PLUR=
Peace
Love
Unity
Respect

Unity
Respect

DJ Tempest

United States
381 posts
Posted - 2001/04/03 :  08:15:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Tempest's homepage
i only like NRG if its played fast...a few more uk hard house dj's are starting to speed things up a little.."hard nrg" as it were, and its pretty close to hardcore...not quite, but close ;P if there are any fans of it, check out some mixes on www.djpanda.com
somewhere around 155-160 BPM...not bad at all ;)

"I stayed up all night playing poker with tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died."
-Steven Wright

sunrize

United States
144 posts
sunrize is verified hardcore artist sunrize has attended 1 event
Posted - 2001/04/03 :  13:13:53  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit sunrize's homepage
Aww come on guys... stop sayin a certain style sucks... you know you can always find something good about it.

Deep music (house & trance) is extremly musical. Good to just sit around and chill to, imho!

peace,
sunrize
http://djsunrize.com
http://happycrap.vinylunderground.com

http://www.pitchedup.net
http://www.myspace.com/sunrizesound
http://www.myspace.com/sunrize

DJ e-Klyps

United Kingdom
258 posts
Posted - 2001/04/03 :  15:18:57  Show profile  Send a private message
Yeah fair point, there is usually at least one or two tunes made in styles i generally hate that make me think Hmmmm thats quite good.

PLUR=
Peace
Love
Unity
Respect

Unity
Respect

silver
Admin

Japan
12,549 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2001/04/04 :  00:16:08  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
I agree, although I don't like some styles of techno (electronic music) I don't hate it, I just prefer to listen and buy records that are happy hardcore first.

oldskool
Starting Member

Australia
-973 posts
Posted - 2001/04/23 :  20:20:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit oldskool's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by silver:

I agree, although I don't like some styles of techno (electronic music) I don't hate it, I just prefer to listen and buy records that are happy hardcore first.

All styles of the trance/techno sounds are pretty good because they've still got that beat that keeps on Pumpin'.! For example, stuff by Sequential One, Tokyo Ghetto Pussy's "everybody on the floor" , Mark Dynamix,Dj Hooligan's " Wake up and Dream" etc. are really good because they are progressive and easier to listen to than some of the Harder , more banging styles.

I Can Never Face Another Day.....Yeah....If there ain't no raver's groove to let me play...."

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.94 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page