Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Events: Rest of the world
 hhc in calgary
 Printer friendly

Only administrators or moderators can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
bpm12
Starting Member

Canada
2 posts
Posted - 2001/10/15 :  17:26:20  Show profile Send a private message
i just moved to calgary, just wondering if there is any place i can go to hear some slammin hhc

Alert moderator
Elation
Average Member

Canada
232 posts
Posted - 2001/10/15 :  20:38:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elation's homepage
i might head there for a wee snowboard vacation, well banff anyway. either there of vancouver. sorry i cant help you out though. maybe ill see ya out partying. hehehe. maybe not.

(:(:happyhardcoresmiles:):)

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Jams

Canada
50 posts
Posted - 2001/10/16 :  18:17:38  Show profile  Send a private message
Well i am in Edmonton just 3 hours north of Calgary and as far as i know the only hhc DJs in Calgary are V Dash & Dub Cee. I have only seen them once and they were horrible. Everyone i know in Calgary that likes HHC usually has to come up to Edmonton for parties thrown by the Happy Bastards. You can check their website out at www.happybastards.com They have stopped throwing parties for a while because of lack of support but they did open a club last month and are having a lot of big name DJs come through. Slipmatt was there for the Grand Opening a few weeks ago and i know Brisk will be there sometime in Dec.
The guy who runs the Happy Bastards is DJ Crunchee and he spins HHC. He is the only one around here that will bring in HHC acts. He grew up in the UK and has been partying since '85 so he knows his HHC. We also have DJ Bounce who does a lot of scratching with his HHC. His style and track selection reminds me a lot of SY and he is probably the most technical HHC DJ in western Canada. We also have the crazy team of Saki and Spanky. These 2 are absolutley nuts behind the decks and are just as crazy as Mark EG.

Both Bounce and Saki and Spanky play at different after hours clubs here on the weekends. Crunchee will be playing at a party on Oct 27th called Scream.

Personally i have only been to one party in Calgary so i can't comment much about the Calgary scene. From what i have heard from people who have partied in both Calgary and Edmonton, Edmonton partys have the better vibe and the more friendly people.

Your best bet is to check out the local websites for both Calgary and Edmonton as well as Red Deer and just experience it for yourself BUT if you want to see the HHC DJs from the UK you will have to make a trip to Edmonton for a Happy Bastard event. Not many partys around here even include HHC so they are your best bet.

Hope this helps and have fun.

"I'm a raver not a crazy drug addict" - MC Storm

Grimloc
Starting Member

Canada
3 posts
Posted - 2001/10/16 :  21:16:28  Show profile  Send a private message
The only way to get HHC in Calgary is by listening to your CD collection. I happen to be a progressive house and HHC DJ (bedroom DJ though, and I know, weird combo). Noone I know wants to hear my happy stuff, cept for a couple of friends. HHC is way more acceptable in Edmonton. If you want, I could mix a set for you and send you the CD or an mp3 version of it. I am always into sharing my music, especially my HHC since I rarely get to. If you want live stuff though, edmonton or the internet is the only way to go.

bpm12
Starting Member

Canada
2 posts
Posted - 2001/10/17 :  13:08:57  Show profile  Send a private message
quote:
Originally posted by Grimloc:

The only way to get HHC in Calgary is by listening to your CD collection. I happen to be a progressive house and HHC DJ (bedroom DJ though, and I know, weird combo). Noone I know wants to hear my happy stuff, cept for a couple of friends. HHC is way more acceptable in Edmonton. If you want, I could mix a set for you and send you the CD or an mp3 version of it. I am always into sharing my music, especially my HHC since I rarely get to. If you want live stuff though, edmonton or the internet is the only way to go.

New EventPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.74 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page