Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 new slipmatt mix
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Elation
Average Member

Canada
232 posts
Posted - 2001/10/15 :  20:46:50  Show profile Send a private message  Visit Elation's homepage
has anybody heard the nu-breed breakbeat / hard house mix from slipmatt, on the speed limit series? im interested in opinions and how you feel about the hhc producers starting the hard house thing.

(:(:happyhardcoresmiles:):)

Alert moderator
Dj Pixel

United States
67 posts
Posted - 2001/10/15 :  23:17:29  Show profile  Send a private message
Havn't heard the CD yet, but i was intrested in it.

In reponse to the hardhouse thing:

i'm sure the money is pretty good, hard house is getting a pretty big audience. Some the stuff comming out is pretty decent too, compared to the older stuff.

-Pixel-

Alert moderator Go to top of page
dj-efeks

Australia
298 posts
Posted - 2001/10/16 :  00:43:57  Show profile  Send a private message
I hate it, I mean no offence to the boys that are doing it or anything, but hardcore is losing alot of good artists to hard house, but hey I spose everyone has to make a living, I just hate goin to record stores n seeing names like vinylgroover etc in the hard house sections, I hope the boys will occasionaly do some hardcore stuff too... thats my 2 cents

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
feel the fury... hardcore. never. dies

DJ Mouse
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,687 posts
DJ Mouse has attended 1 event
Posted - 2001/10/16 :  08:20:41  Show profile  Send a private message
i know,it's tragic seeing them all go elsewhere :( just goes to show what the pro's think of hhc
i mean in my situation,i spin progressive at a night club every thursday night,but i still play hhc at home or whenever there's a hhc night.the big difference between me and them is,they don't do hhc no more and just go spin another sort of music. i don't. i spin them both,if they all did too then i'd be happy,and not till then

DJ Mouse In Da House!!!

Matty K

United Kingdom
48 posts
Posted - 2001/10/16 :  10:35:06  Show profile  Send a private message
I actually like hard house. It took me a while to get into, but it was worth it. When i was younger, Hardcore was the thing to be in to- and the faster the better. Then suddenly it was all taken away from me. Everywhere decided not to do any hardcore events (in & around the Reading area). This was a massive blow. The only alternative was a hard house night every last friday of the month in Reading town centre - a 10-6 night. As much as I loved hardcore - I was slowly beginning to enjoy the night, known as "Float" more and more.

Now Hardcore has re-appeared - with new names, new ravers and new nights.

So "my" moral is; If Hard House hadn't of come along - at the time of Hardcore fading away - the Hardcore scene wouldn't be as big as it is now. Hard-House kept ME in touch with my raving side of life. Now I can easily slipt into any hardhouse room at a do and enjoy myself just as easy as if I was in the Hardcore room.

The Rhythm Station will always be my home

Elation
Average Member

Canada
232 posts
Posted - 2001/10/16 :  19:23:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elation's homepage
yeah, it is wired to see HHC names on hard house labels and records. i even picked up a Vinylgroover tune just to see what he was doin now. i think some hard house is too boaring, not enough to them or sumthing. i do agree that if its uptempo its alot better, but i do prefer the more progressive stuff. ive got a sweet prog. house mix by Brisk from a party.

i met up with Slipmatt when he played in Toronto and asked him about hardcore producers making hard house and he said...that they need to keep makin money and thats where its going...so it seems some of em are doin it cause its a money thing. i wonder how many of the producers actually like what their doing, honestly?

i just wish they all started producing PHATT AZZ hard breaks instead. yeahhh.

silver
Admin

Japan
12,549 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2001/10/16 :  21:32:46  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
PLUR doesn't pay the bills... if you want these producers back all you have to do is buy more hardcore vinyl and CD's... more sales, more releases... simple.

----------------------------------
you, me and hardcore forever.

MC RizlaDizla
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,056 posts
MC RizlaDizla is verified hardcore artist MC RizlaDizla has attended 20 events
Posted - 2001/10/17 :  04:51:43  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit MC RizlaDizla's homepage
Yeah it is a bit sad that some dj's/artists are in it for the money.

I dont agree with people slagging Vinylgroover of for turning to hard house.

He said that he had gave so many years to hardcore and now wanted to do something else.

He did release quite a few hardcore choons just b4 he went to making house.

He said that he wanted to try something different but couldn't leave the scene straight way coz it was dying out slowly, and so did some more tracks to help it stay alive.

I do like hard house but I think there is quite abit of crap out there.

"Oh my goodness, Oh my Gosh. Here we go with a badboy rush".

dj tricks e

United Kingdom
83 posts
Posted - 2001/10/17 :  05:11:58  Show profile  Send a private message
Yeah I heard that too.

I was walking through the jungle with the mic in me hand I said oh hardcore raver I'm the king of the land. Looked in a tree, what did I see. Every mother ****a on XTC

silver
Admin

Japan
12,549 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2001/10/17 :  05:57:18  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
If you give up your day job to make tunes for a living and hardcore doesn't pay you the money you need to eat then you have to do something else...

Hardcore is coming back, Force & Styles are back, Breeze is back, UFO is back... even Bang! are back ! Hardcore is coming back people... Everyone out there wants hardcore to come back even bigger should buy two copies of vinyl :) and promote new DJ's to play hardcore... more sales more hardcore...

----------------------------------
you, me and hardcore forever.

MC RizlaDizla
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,056 posts
Posted - 2001/10/17 :  07:04:36  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit MC RizlaDizla's homepage
I think 1 of the main reasons Hardcore went down hill in the UK was that it was the same DJ's in all the raves. No one was really coming through. Now we have started to see smaller raves starting up and showing the new talent that is out there.

Big Raves need to start showing some of the up n coming DJ's but also blend them in well with the more experienced DJ's and MC's

Edited by - MC RizlaDizla on 17 Oct 2001 07:07:28

DJ Mouse
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,687 posts
Posted - 2001/10/17 :  12:01:03  Show profile  Send a private message
problem - here in huddersfield there's only one good record shop that does all sorts of music,except hardcore :( so i gotta go to nearby leeds to get my hhc vinyl,and now the car's packed in on me so it's difficult getting my tunes

DJ Mouse In Da House!!!

MC RizlaDizla
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,056 posts
Posted - 2001/10/17 :  18:13:27  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit MC RizlaDizla's homepage
Yeah I know what you mean m8. I gotta travel for 2/2 and a half hrs on train to get records.

Elation
Average Member

Canada
232 posts
Posted - 2001/10/17 :  19:37:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elation's homepage
i used to travel about an hour for records. then i got fed up at the s**ty selection, so i started ordering on-line. it was cheaper and everything anyway.

as for HHC producers starting something else...as long as theyre doing what they want. i realize alot of artists (after the years) need to change what theyre doing. its just a natural progression, but some of em do it for the wrong reasons.

i always buy as much vinyl as i can afford, and then some. im just happy that alot more hardcore is on the front, but my stomach isnt happy about that. lol.

MC RizlaDizla
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,056 posts
Posted - 2001/10/18 :  05:33:57  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit MC RizlaDizla's homepage
The place I go to is cheaper in the store than online. Its also better coz the people at the counter help you out so much as well.

DJ Mouse
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,687 posts
Posted - 2001/10/18 :  05:52:22  Show profile  Send a private message
maybe if there was an online record store i could get all the top quality tunes from (hint hint silver) then i'd be able to buy a load of records and do some more hhc sets around here

DJ Mouse In Da House!!!

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.92 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page