Page: 
of 2

Author Thread  
Midway_raver
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,032 posts
Midway_raver has attended 2 events
Posted - 2002/01/06 :  04:04:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
One thing i don't like about alot of cd's is unlike tape packs theres no atmosphere with the cd :( But I think digitally mixing the cd's is bad, i wanna here every genuine scratch and proper mix from record to record not a computer doing it for em but on the front it says mixed by sy when it shud say mixed by intel inside.

Ant B

Alert moderator Go to top of page
silver
Admin

Japan
12,549 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2002/01/06 :  06:02:30  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage  Reply with quote
Not all CD's are digitally mixed, the "world of" series are not digitally mixed for example.

----------------------------------
you, me and hardcore forever.

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2002/01/06 :  08:02:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
Wow, I really think you people are missing the point :)

I dunno about in the States, but here in the UK an increasing number of DJs are mixing from CD Decks. The reasons? Well the obvious one is cost, they can get new tracks into a playable state for pennies, and suddenly all the great new hardcore can be played out. Also there are tracks which have NEVER been released on vinyl, and also one's that are near-impossible to find on 12".

The other reason is that vinyl: pops, clicks, hisses, warps, skips, scratches and generally becomes unplayable very quickly. That's ignoring the insane cost of mastering to dub, and the limited use you can get from them.

You'd think that the big name DJs would have a massive collection of quality tunes from '95 'till now, but unfortunately not, most of them are unplayable.

So, DJs like Breeze, Storm, UFO etc are already mixing from CD, I think a large amount of up and coming DJs are mixing from CD, and this trend will only continue.

If you ARE mixing from CD, and FOR CD, then for the love of god please make sure you are using tracks which are sourced from DAT ( originally ) and not vinyl. There is no need to introduce 2 unnecessary conversion ( D/A then Analog distortion then A/D before mixing ).

The OTHER method of mixing by computer I DO entirely agree w/ is sequencing, where the original elements are used to create a mix far superior ( IMO ) to what could be achieved conventionally. AFAIK that is what the forthcoming Next-Gen album will feature.

D.Jay

"Some people see things as they are... and say "Why?"
I dream things that never were, and say "Why Not?" "

Brian K
Advanced Member

United States
8,663 posts

528 hardcore releases
Brian K has attended 5 events
Posted - 2002/01/06 :  10:17:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
i thought the point was that the tracks were beat matched by a machine and not the ear, hence taking away the need for a dj when the computer can do it

"do not dream, you dreamed about me"

DJ Pathfinder
Advanced Member

Netherlands
1,676 posts

51 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/01/06 :  11:09:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Pathfinder's homepage  Reply with quote
cd mixing.

final scratch is the future

You can't see me,because i am the future.

DJ Mouse
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,687 posts
DJ Mouse has attended 1 event
Posted - 2002/01/06 :  11:16:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
exactly,the machine does it,all you gotta do is work out the tempo's of both tracks then timestretch/compress them.
where's the talent in that? i totally disagree with digital mixes.

as for cd mixing,it's all about pushing this button, that button, the other button. however it does take talent to work one and get the mix right,or better still it takes dj skills, so it's acceptable. it's not gonna replace traditional vinyl imo though.

--------------------------------------------------
DJ Mouse In Da House!!!
http://clubstation.esmartmusic.com id='marquee'>

SINIZTA
Average Member

United States
206 posts
Posted - 2002/01/06 :  19:54:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
personally i think, mixing records iz da shit! but cd mixing
iz coming up, and i find it interesting also!but besides that,
ya'll guy's actually thought that the hixxy track "come together"
was that bad!i persanally like it very much, 4 the reason, it
soundz very different!the "toytown" track though, i am not feeling
2 good!the sound of it iz just played out, basically!

******FlYiNG h|gH******

Oli G
Advanced Member

United States
1,817 posts
Oli G is verified hardcore artist Oli G has donated money to the site Oli G has attended 41 events
Posted - 2002/01/07 :  03:47:37  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Oli G's homepage  Reply with quote
Cd mixing.. although i used to hate it.. is beginning to look like the way forward... shouldnt replace vinyl.. not in a long time, but i dunno

Those new Pioneer CD decks with the vinyl emulation are damn good and i think if you have those lil pitch bend buttons on your decks.. and you use em.. then your gonna be able to convert from vinyl to cd no problem.

Demand was playing off CD & Vinyl at the last slammin (as in two cd decks as well as the two vinyl) and his mixing (no offence cos i know i heard sy say the monitor was ****ed) was the tidyest

so *dunno* cds WILL be the way forward.. but theres all sorts of shit commin out now... the mos (lame cos they dont play hardcore \o/) DJ booth now ahs 5.1 dolby surround monitoring system.. just waiting for djs to make there music on 5.1 surround sound sytems and writing to DVD for test plays + such.

Posibilities will be endless

i know im far off topic

sorry :D

\o/ <o/ \o> <o> /o\ _o/ \o_

http://www.myspace.com/camelrecords

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.05 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page