Printer friendly
Page: 
of 3

Author Thread  
Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2005/06/05 :  14:26:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
i always thought of hardstyle as gabber for pu**ys

:P

---------------------------------
May Explode Without Warning
visit:
My DJ Website
Hardcore Avatars and Wallpapers
:::at least she didnt take my hardcore:::

Alert moderator Go to top of page
DarrenJ
Advanced Member

Australia
2,626 posts
DarrenJ has attended 12 events
Posted - 2005/06/05 :  14:33:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DarrenJ's homepage  Reply with quote
different kinds of hardtsyle and NRG
most popular hardstyle track on aus in ages was "nobody listens to techno", which sounds like a slowed down babyboom track and played by techno dj's, the sameones who think there music is SO much more mature.
But yeah I own a old house cd from judge jules (was in bargain bin for a few dollars) and the new hard house is alot harder,
I guess its evolution thu, since Hardcore today is alot harder then most old skool hardcore tracks. Yet people dont call it "hard hardcore"

-----
Keep it hardcore
core - The basic or most important part; the essence

capone13
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,302 posts
capone13 has donated money to the site
Posted - 2005/06/05 :  15:18:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit capone13's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by ryg0r:
quote:
Hardstyle is hard, maybe not as hard as Gabba, but its still Hard. Hardstyle is the hardest form of Hard Dance and then it would be Schranz Techno.

I dont know "Schranz Techno", but I agree that hard style is very hard.

Its funny though, because you try and speed it up to make it harder, and it kinda looses its edge, same with hard trance.

For clips, remixes and information about my releases visit:
http://www.commandobot.com

This is a clip of a Schranz Techno choon mate,

http://www.vitalvinyl.com/library/audioLink.ra?item_id=39868&track_id=10903&type=track

Not a very good quality clip tho.

------------------------------------------------------------
Hardstyle, Makina, Hard Trance & Hardcore!!!

katrinar50
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
822 posts
katrinar50 has donated money to the site katrinar50 has attended 37 events
Posted - 2005/06/05 :  15:56:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit katrinar50's homepage  Reply with quote
Billy Bunter plays both Hard dance and Hardcore because some of what he plays can't be called hardcore but is much harder and faster than the stuff you see on MTV Dance.

Kat

"If you ain't feeling this, you're out of your mind!!!"

Lovenation vs Poison Rain - Beautiful Day - Tune!!! - That I will not be buying as it is a JAL track! :-(((

whittle1
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,191 posts

25 hardcore releases
whittle1 has donated money to the site whittle1 has attended 15 events
Posted - 2005/06/05 :  15:59:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit whittle1's homepage  Reply with quote
Too many hard titled music in the hardcore industry for me to understand
e.g. Hard Trance
Happy Hard
Nu Skool Happy Hard
Hard Dance
HardStyle

mj-dream
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,440 posts
mj-dream has donated money to the site
Posted - 2005/06/05 :  16:23:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit mj-dream's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by NathanD:

whys hardcore called hardcore? it's not hard to the core, its hard on the outside and cheese on the inside lol.

//Nathan D

only if you listen to tha cheese mate i no plenty of hardcore which is HARD 2 THA CORE no cheese attached

mj-dream remember the name im here for fame

NathanD
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
529 posts
NathanD has attended 1 event
Posted - 2005/06/05 :  16:28:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
i agree, i was just trying to make a point, music isn't always called what it is for any particular reason. hard house isn't hard, but it's not soft. you couldn't lay there close ur eye's n relax to it like you could with trance. it's only a name... who cares lol? as long as teh music is good that's what matters!

//Nathan D

Solapse - Nobody Likes It // Ufology
Solapse - House Gets Warm // Ufology
Solapse & Decibel feat. Lisa Abbott - Though The Night // Raw Elements
Solapse & Sean Apollo - Our Neverland // Ravin Phantasy

Spiffeh
Starting Member

United Kingdom
3 posts
Posted - 2005/06/05 :  18:51:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Spiffeh's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by katrinar50:
Billy Bunter plays both Hard dance and Hardcore because some of what he plays can't be called hardcore but is much harder and faster than the stuff you see on MTV Dance.

ahaha, this would be mainly because hard house isn't on MTV Dance :P

Anyway, first off hard house shouldn't really be called hardhouse, as it's about as housey as a ... shoe... however, it is hard compared to normal dance music, for one it's got a kick that is about 1 billion times stronger than the kicks in trance, which are about as hard as a newborn kitten. Also the bass, the percussion etc all give it a chunky hard feel, and also it's about 150bpm, which generally makes it faster (and harder?) than other "dance" music.

Also, hard dance is a term to generally cover the genres of hard house, hard trance, and nrg, as many DJs who play one of these genres, whill generally play the others too as they are very similar.

IMO, hardcore is about as hard as hard trance nowadays, just 20bpm faster, yes theres different styles of hardcore which are much harder, and it's the same in the hard dance scene, for example someone pointed out schranz, however the example they gave was possibly the weakest schranz track I have ever heard... But anyway, I'm running out of things to say so I will just stop... :P

Stony McTony
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
534 posts
Stony McTony has attended 1 event
Posted - 2005/06/06 :  01:49:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by DjTriquatra:

visit:
My DJ Website

OI whatcha self sunshine, i like hardstyle AND gabber n i dont consider myself a pussy! hardstlyes jus different jus cos it aint as fast its more drivin with the slow rhythmic beats, hits to yer heart

Theres nothing wrong with the boat those big holes help keep our feet cool.

Edited by - Stony McTony on 2005/06/06 01:50:24
Slammer_Jammer_Man
Average Member

Australia
242 posts
Slammer_Jammer_Man has attended 17 events
Posted - 2005/06/06 :  03:31:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Spiffeh:
quote:
Originally posted by katrinar50:

ahaha, this would be mainly because hard house isn't on MTV Dance :P

Anyway, first off hard house shouldn't really be called hardhouse, as it's about as housey as a ... shoe... however, it is hard compared to normal dance music, for one it's got a kick that is about 1 billion times stronger than the kicks in trance, which are about as hard as a newborn kitten. Also the bass, the percussion etc all give it a chunky hard feel, and also it's about 150bpm, which generally makes it faster (and harder?) than other "dance" music.

Also, hard dance is a term to generally cover the genres of hard house, hard trance, and nrg, as many DJs who play one of these genres, whill generally play the others too as they are very similar.

IMO, hardcore is about as hard as hard trance nowadays, just 20bpm faster, yes theres different styles of hardcore which are much harder, and it's the same in the hard dance scene, for example someone pointed out schranz, however the example they gave was possibly the weakest schranz track I have ever heard... But anyway, I'm running out of things to say so I will just stop... :P

Erm... Hard House does sound a lot like House. Especially considering it evolved from House... it is essentially just House music that is a little faster with some harder kicks and drum lines, which is why it is called Hard House and not Harder than Hardcore House. They're not referring to how hard it is in relation to other genres, just how hard it is compared to House.

Furthermore... sorry, but what have you been smoking? I can see Hard Trance/NRG DJs playing both, but I don't know of more than one or two Hard Trance/House DJs that play both. Hard Trance and Hard House are about as similar as an African is to a British farmer. And you must be listening to some pretty hard Hard Trance/soft Hardcore if you think that they're as hard as each other.

Long live the NEC and all those innovative DJs tearing up dancefloors with Freeform and similar driving, experimental, high energy sounds!

http://www.nuenergy.co.uk/
http://www.finrg.com/

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2005/06/06 :  04:09:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Stony McTony:
quote:

visit:
My DJ Website

OI whatcha self sunshine, i like hardstyle AND gabber n i dont consider myself a pussy! hardstlyes jus different jus cos it aint as fast its more drivin with the slow rhythmic beats, hits to yer heart

Theres nothing wrong with the boat those big holes help keep our feet cool.

lol, take a joke

visit:
My DJ Website

DJDURSTAN

Trinidad And Tobago
342 posts

156 hardcore releases
DJDURSTAN has attended 5 events
Posted - 2005/06/06 :  13:53:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
I agree that hard house aint hard (it could be quite easily if the producers would use a hard kick and a decent bass) but hardstyle can be f**k hard in fact harder than hardcore at times. To quote MC Ribbz on a Lenny Dee tape i own from around '97 "It doesn't have to be fast to be hard" and he is damn right. I also dj house/electro and breaks and some of it can be speaker blowin at times it's all about the production!!!!!!

you and me hardcore forever!!!!!

bulby_g
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,205 posts

430 hardcore releases
bulby_g has attended 55 events
Posted - 2005/06/06 :  14:21:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit bulby_g's homepage  Reply with quote
Some hardstyle is as hard as gabba especially some of the spanish/italian stuff I know people who play hardstyle that you could easily mistake for gabba. Hard house can also be really really hard you just have to listen to the right stuff! Lisa lashes and the likes generally play the really light hard house try digging a bit deeper there is some real dirty stuff out there believe me ;) if I get time later ill put up some samples.

Incidentally its the same story with techno some of it is hard as fook some of it not hard at all there is just so much of it out there you gotta no where to look!

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?PID=560965&t=959
^^^My new tune^^^

Fishy
Advanced Member

Norway
2,519 posts
Posted - 2005/06/06 :  17:03:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Fishy's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

visit:
My DJ Website

Hardstyle IS gabber for pussys :P

----------------------------------------------------
Trancey aint cool.... cheezey and breakbeat rule!!!
----------------------------------------------------
http://www.acidplanet.com/dassfisken
[email protected]

Chrysostomou

United Kingdom
381 posts
Posted - 2005/06/06 :  17:08:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Chrysostomou's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by NathanD:
hard trance might not be hard but it's definately harder than trance.

LOVE IT.. Hence the name mate HARD Trance

A Garage is where your Car Lives, A House is where You Live, HARDCORE IS HOW YOU LIVE!!

Check out some of my mates pumping breakbeat tunes at http://www.sounderthansound.com

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.66 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page