Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Hixxy & UFO - Catles - Disapointing Or Class
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
DJ STYLUS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,661 posts

21 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/01/15 :  05:05:53  Show profile Send a private message
Hav n e of u heard castles by Hixxy & UFO, the most waited happycore tune last year. I finally got 2 hear it afta so long of waiting, and BOY was I shocked. I don't h8 it but I don't luv it. It culd have been much betta. Disapointin, wot do u think?

Lets Go Make Believe, Will I Love The Sky, On A Moonless Night, With A Magic Carpet Ride, If You Make Believe, Whatever You Dream, You Will Achieve If You Take A Chance In Make Believe.

Alert moderator
Lixx
Advanced Member

United States
1,338 posts

288 hardcore releases
Lixx has attended 1 event
Posted - 2002/01/15 :  13:46:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Lixx's homepage
I think Hixxy did about the best rip one could do with this song. I like it, and some parts of it have really grown on me (like the "t-t-t-tell me why" vocals that fade in near the end), but it's not gonna be one of my favorites in the long run. Anyways does it even matter? Dreams is truly one of the best songs to come out this year so you must grab the record anyways
-Lixx

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Trouble
Starting Member

Canada
8 posts
Posted - 2002/01/16 :  02:56:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Trouble's homepage
I wasn't too thrilled with it. It sounds almost exactly the same as the original just sped up.
If you're going to do a remix of a trance tune, at least take it somewhere new, don't just use the same layout and overall sound.
All in all, I was well dissapointed, the tune was WAY overhyped.

Careful Click Click

DJ STYLUS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,661 posts

21 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/01/16 :  03:14:12  Show profile  Send a private message
The reason why a lot of u r saying, shit this tune is ****in wkd, is cause u have not listend to the 'castles in the sky' version on the Breakdown Ibiza CD, its exactly the same, except its sped up and guess wot. THUD THUD THUD THUD THUD THUD. I bet u lot have only heard one version, the poppy charty crappy version. Hear this club version, then come back ere and tell me shit that is a wkd mix i bet it took years to think of and produce.

:@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@

Lets Go Make Believe, Will I Love The Sky, On A Moonless Night, With A Magic Carpet Ride, If You Make Believe, Whatever You Dream, You Will Achieve If You Take A Chance In Make Believe.

DJ Pathfinder
Advanced Member

Netherlands
1,676 posts

51 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/01/16 :  03:54:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Pathfinder's homepage
i heard the original reasontly i think it was better.

i always like the hh vocals but the original singer fits better for the lyrics

You can't see me,because i am the future.

dj_outburst

United Kingdom
47 posts
Posted - 2002/01/23 :  11:54:03  Show profile  Send a private message
its ok i ave all three raver babys and the cover ups and the b trax tunes they are all ok but i would never include any in a set if i had one cos i dont particually like this trancey hardcore sound,all i would say to the fellas is yr doing well for keeping hardcore alive but personally i no i prefer the old gear with the real hardcore edge u no antisocial tunes,go mental seem to be keeping it real hardcore,it seems they look at other popular scenes and think well thats popular and giv hardcore that sound for instance when things started going trancey so did hardcore they should go back and think to them selfs ok wat got the ravers attention in the first place and start afresh kniteforce are doing it

shake dat ass and both those tits if your here to party!

bugg69
Starting Member

Canada
7 posts
Posted - 2002/01/23 :  12:31:06  Show profile  Send a private message
I picked up RB3 for castles.... hadnt even heard of it... just grabbed it cause it was a tune i had wanted to remix into HHC and didnt... and not hearing the hype around it.... i was very very dissapointed myself... like somebody said before it could have been alot better than it is.. its good for a listen once in a while... bu isnt gonna be on my play out lsit anytime soon...

Axid Productions - Winnipeg Manitoba
"Going out to the Hardcore"

Alex_In_Wonderland

United Kingdom
104 posts
Posted - 2002/01/25 :  01:48:23  Show profile  Send a private message
I agree with what most of you are saying, that it's a quality or near quality tune but it does sound almost exactly the same as the original by Ian Van Dahl.

Alex.

Heist
Advanced Member

Australia
706 posts
Posted - 2002/01/25 :  01:56:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Heist's homepage
I really hate the way the vocal sounds when you hear it at home, but on a big system it sounds really good. Dreams is ok, i think that bit in the middle is a bit too much of the hard house 'easy rush' syndrome. Its just cheap and boring. As for the original, i think if hixxy used the vocal from the original rather than his pooey vocalist of late, it would have been much better.

www.mp3.com/djheist

WWW.VOIDDJ.COM

Mixes, Original Tracks & Remixes, Hardcore Event/Music Reviews, Pics and more...

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.27 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page