Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music discussion - other genre
 NU-NRG
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
dj mim
Starting Member

United States
2 posts
Posted - 2001/04/06 :  04:37:04  Show profile Send a private message  Visit dj mim's homepage
hello everyone. im writing this in response to someone in a different post saying that 'nu-nrg is for ppl who wont admit they like happycore'. well i love both. and as for nrg being slower: not when i spin it. and actually ive been experimenting with what i am calling 'happ NRG' happycore beatmatched with NRG. its...well. interesting. in addition to that i was wondering if anyone knew of any good NU-NRG records. i love the ones i have...but the stores in my area are starting to run out of good stuff......and suggestions would be helpfull.

luv and respect,
MIM

Alert moderator
DJ Tempest

United States
381 posts
Posted - 2001/04/06 :  06:53:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Tempest's homepage
hehe...my bf is the same way..he spins nrg/uk hard house...he plays it pretty fast..most of the bigger nrg dj's think he's crazy...160+ BPM....its nice...now when i listen to nrg, it sounds way too slow and i cant stand to listen to it...hehe...i like to think its my hardcore influence....nrg matched with hhc? i dunno...itd be interesting at least...my bf is playing one of my tracks in his set this weekend...should be interesting to see how it fits..DNA vs Energy-The Bastard...hehe kinda helps that its a darker track, but we'll see...umm im not too knowledgable on my nrg/uk hard house and the difference n such, but you should check out www.bangingtunes.com if u havent already...lotsa good vinyl there...majestic has some as well. (www.majesticstore.com)

"I stayed up all night playing poker with tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died."
-Steven Wright

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Soren

United States
499 posts
Posted - 2001/04/06 :  10:17:51  Show profile  Send a private message
Hi, I was the one that said that. And it was a joke. I was trying to point out the correllation and similarities between the sound effects of NRG and HHC. I also like NRG and spin it as well as starting to spin HHC. And one of the other points I made was that NRG isn't slower because pple spin it at +6 - +8 all the time. Please read posts before responding to them ^_^

And I know about pretty much all the NRG records that have been released in the last 2 years that are any good and I can either post a list of good records or email you it so I don't spam the boards. But what kinda NRG do you like? More minimal stuff with the heavy kick drums? Housy NRG? More trancy sounding? Let me know ^_^

DJ e-Klyps

United Kingdom
258 posts
Posted - 2001/04/06 :  14:52:09  Show profile  Send a private message
I said it in my other post but i always spin NRG at hardcore speeds if i play it in my sets. I dunno if u will understand this but its really broking music, makes u wanna stomp about.

PLUR=
Peace
Love
Unity
Respect

Unity
Respect

sunrize

United States
144 posts
sunrize is verified hardcore artist sunrize has attended 1 event
Posted - 2001/04/09 :  13:00:59  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit sunrize's homepage
I often start with NRG at around 160bpm and work it up to 175-170 trancecore then work that into hardcore..

peace,
sunrize
http://djsunrize.com
http://happycrap.vinylunderground.com

http://www.pitchedup.net
http://www.myspace.com/sunrizesound
http://www.myspace.com/sunrize

ladd

United States
74 posts
Posted - 2001/04/13 :  20:59:06  Show profile  Send a private message
quote:
Originally posted by sunrize:

I often start with NRG at around 160bpm and work it up to 175-170 trancecore then work that into hardcore..

peace,
sunrize

ooh! =o) let me know if u ever stop by tucson, im getting a little tired of the diva house people keep playing here *shudder*

odayakana mizu no nagare wa ****i.

Edited by - ladd on 13 Apr 2001 21:28:51

oldskool
Starting Member

Australia
-973 posts
Posted - 2001/04/22 :  21:41:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit oldskool's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by dj mim:

hello everyone. im writing this in response to someone in a different post saying that 'nu-nrg is for ppl who wont admit they like happycore'. well i love both. and as for nrg being slower: not when i spin it. and actually ive been experimenting with what i am calling 'happ NRG' happycore beatmatched with NRG. its...well. interesting. in addition to that i was wondering if anyone knew of any good NU-NRG records. i love the ones i have...but the stores in my area are starting to run out of good stuff......and suggestions would be helpfull.

luv and respect,
MIM

Nu-Nrg...Is that a new style of music or what?!!

I Can Never Face Another Day.....Yeah....If there ain't no raver's groove to let me play...."

DJ e-Klyps

United Kingdom
258 posts
Posted - 2001/04/23 :  14:54:15  Show profile  Send a private message
If u get a chance listen to the new sharkey stuff, i believe thats nu nrg (although i may be wrong) also dj stompy (i could be wrong there as well). Crap answer sorry.

PLUR=
Peace
Love
Unity
Respect

Unity
Respect

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.11 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page