of 3

Author Thread  
whittle1
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,191 posts

25 hardcore releases
whittle1 has donated money to the site whittle1 has attended 15 events
Posted - 2006/01/25 :  16:22:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit whittle1's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by jenks:
I'm really dissapointed with this, 160bpm, what are they thinking? If its true I might even have to side with Evel on this one...

haha you have been ranting and raving about that aint ya!? but cha know what, RIGHTLY SO GOOD SIR!

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Entity
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,329 posts
Entity is verified hardcore artist Entity has donated money to the site Entity has attended 3 events
Posted - 2006/01/25 :  16:43:46  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Entity's homepage  Reply with quote
I think that the approach that RBC and AATW are taking with this is that this album is setting out to appeal to a wider audience to make them more aware of hardcore.

Yeh, I've had a pop about including 'pretty green eyes', 'Set u free' etc. etc. but thinking about it, there are going to be lots of clubbers that haven't heard the hardcore mixes. It doesn't matter if they were hardcore tracks initially, as far as they are concerned they are regular club tracks that have just been ramped up for hardcore. It's all about luring them in and generating interest.

The first one broke sales records for a hardcore album, so that approach worked and basically if it ain't broke then they ain't gonna fix it. If you don't like it then don't buy it!

Sure, it's not going to appeal to all the current hardcore heads but it will certainly generate more awareness - don't forget that Hardcore Classics did VERY well for itself, so who knows what will happen?

bulby_g
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,205 posts

430 hardcore releases
bulby_g has attended 55 events
Posted - 2006/01/25 :  16:49:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit bulby_g's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Baldo:
Anno i'm not the only one that thinks this way but does anyone else on here think last year was the year big raves became shit, but at the same time a lot of smaller ones opened up or took off really catering for the hardcore?

I don't think there shit still enjoy them myself but are def. not as good as they used to be! Although the people are generally still friendly there seems to be more judgemental people there (or im gettin more paranoid ;)) and people who seem less into it than there used to be. Still enjoy them but smaller parties do tend to be better.

jenks
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,682 posts

19 hardcore releases
jenks has attended 1 event
Posted - 2006/01/25 :  18:28:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit jenks's homepage  Reply with quote
If it's at a decent speed I'm pretty sure I will enjoy it. Aslong as 'I Will Be' and 'Save Me' are on it I'll be happy...

mr bishi
Advanced Member

Ireland
874 posts

49 hardcore releases
mr bishi has attended 16 events
Posted - 2006/01/25 :  18:37:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
I quite enjoyed the first one, but this looks shite tbh.
U2 and the baywatch theme ffs.

Chris B
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,964 posts
Chris B has attended 30 events
Posted - 2006/01/25 :  19:08:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Chris B's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by bulby_g:
the people are generally still friendly there seems to be more judgemental people there (or im gettin more paranoid ;)) and people who seem less into it than there used to be.

Thats the way i see it mate it's still an alrite night, but i think i've just been spoiled for events the last while dont want to waste my money on things i just think are alrite. Raves should be nights you wont forget, it's the less up for it people that piss me off the most dunno just doesnt feel right in a rave.

So aye i'll rephrase that there not shit just not worth the money it costs to go for me anymore.

Edited by - Chris B on 2006/01/25 19:10:32
Uproar
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,644 posts
Posted - 2006/01/25 :  21:20:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Uproar's homepage  Reply with quote
Is should be called Clubland X-Treme 3, not Clubland X-Treme Hardcore 2.

Hardcore is officially is the shitter.

(The artwork is good though)

Edited by - Uproar on 2006/01/27 20:54:58
Bidd

United Kingdom
301 posts
Posted - 2006/01/25 :  22:07:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
I can see your point with the Clubland X-Treme 3 and not Hardcore, but have you heard the tunes on the first two X-tremes. Extreme is hardly the word I would use, I prefer "chav-ed up"

The genre's are completely different hence the change in name. It would have been more sensible to call it Clubland Hardcore to avoid confusion maybe

Sharkey - Revolution (Slipmatt Remix)

clarke101
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,839 posts

185 hardcore releases
Posted - 2006/01/26 :  00:56:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit clarke101's homepage  Reply with quote
<---- Remebers a time when 160 bpm was fast

Da Cunney Bugz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,222 posts

25 hardcore releases
Da Cunney Bugz has attended 9 events
Posted - 2006/01/26 :  10:47:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
bah clubland! i poo on it

*I LOVE YOU*

Evel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
604 posts
Posted - 2006/01/26 :  15:10:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Do we get a free poster with it? One with the woman on the cover and Styles, Breeze and Hixxy dancing with her

And 160BPM isn't as hardcore as Happy 2 B Hardcore Chapter 1, and I bet the beats arn't that hard...

MaD-MAx
Starting Member

Spain
3 posts
Posted - 2006/01/27 :  16:32:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Pretty Green Eyes hasn't lots its magic to me yet, if this is anything like the first one i will buy 2 copies.

Hardwired Raver

United Kingdom
46 posts
Posted - 2006/01/27 :  20:19:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
lol ive just finished listening to Bonkers 15 and Hardcore classics It just gets better and better YAY

silver
Admin

Japan
12,547 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2006/01/30 :  02:11:48  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage  Reply with quote
Hixxy has personally contacted me regarding the 160BPM comment on the album, he said that is it NOT 160bpm (as my news post reports as well).

whittle1
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,191 posts

25 hardcore releases
whittle1 has donated money to the site whittle1 has attended 15 events
Posted - 2006/01/30 :  02:21:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit whittle1's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by silver:
Hixxy has personally contacted me regarding the 160BPM comment on the album, he said that is it NOT 160bpm (as my news post reports as well).

Phew! Lifesaver

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.86 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page