Page: 
of 5

Author Thread  
charlieee
Advanced Member

Australia
1,422 posts
charlieee has attended 11 events
Posted - 2006/09/17 :  11:43:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit charlieee's homepage  Reply with quote
well im gonna buy it, if i have the money just when is it coming out?

Alert moderator Go to top of page
SixFeet
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,285 posts
Posted - 2006/09/17 :  11:54:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit SixFeet's homepage  Reply with quote
please tell me that's a ****ing joke right?

dj switchback

United Kingdom
363 posts
Posted - 2006/09/17 :  14:37:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit dj switchback's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by SixFeet:

Yeah MOS thought of this elaborate joke.............*Twat*

luminate

Australia
467 posts
Posted - 2006/09/17 :  16:30:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit luminate's homepage  Reply with quote
oh fudge, u caught us out! well time to pack up n go home ppl, the surprise has been ruined...

ur brains r where?

CHOONZ!!!!

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2006/09/17 :  18:42:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
I think it looks great.

Let's face it, this is a direct competitor to Clubland and it's a damn sight more varied than that. At a minimum this demonstrates to that huge underexploited market that hardcore has more than two strings on its bow.... no bad thing.

CDJay

SixFeet
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,285 posts
Posted - 2006/09/17 :  19:59:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit SixFeet's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by dj switchback:
quote:

Yeah MOS thought of this elaborate joke.............*Twat*

I'm more getting at the fact out of 20 soungs on S&U's disc 18 of them are there tracks, remind me of the last S&U song that didn't sound the same as the rest.

luminate

Australia
467 posts
Posted - 2006/09/18 :  09:55:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit luminate's homepage  Reply with quote
point made.
they're all pretty much the same speed, and are almost identical in structure. as well as the more obvious use of the same EVERYTHING for last um-teen million tracks...
someone email them a link to a site sellin new VSTi's :P

CHOONZ!!!!

gloworm

United Kingdom
41 posts
Posted - 2006/09/18 :  17:34:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
the reason for the album having lots of the dj's own material on there comes from the direct intention to have tracks that made exclusively for the album -bringing an exclusivity to the album ensuring the fans aren't buying rehashed tracks in a new package... the djh's went into the studio specifically for this album and have ben working on travks for months -whether the tracks are good or not is not really a reflection of the album, but of the current flavour of the talent and sound of the scene...

Leto
Advanced Member

United States
2,849 posts
Leto has donated money to the site Leto has attended 7 events
Posted - 2006/09/18 :  20:21:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Leto's homepage  Reply with quote
Hmm...exclusive productions are fine for a compilation, as long as the good ones are released promptly.

I mean, Nu Energy started as a way for Kevin Energy to make songs for Sharkey's Bonkers mixes...

Delboy

United Kingdom
33 posts
Posted - 2006/09/18 :  22:03:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Looking towards the Brisk and Ham mix the most. Can't think of a shit mix cd they have put out!

SixFeet
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,285 posts
Posted - 2006/09/18 :  22:36:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit SixFeet's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by gloworm:
the reason for the album having lots of the dj's own material on there comes from the direct intention to have tracks that made exclusively for the album -bringing an exclusivity to the album ensuring the fans aren't buying rehashed tracks in a new package... the djh's went into the studio specifically for this album and have ben working on travks for months -whether the tracks are good or not is not really a reflection of the album, but of the current flavour of the talent and sound of the scene...

No, why they show case the majority of their own material on mixes is for sales and no other reason. Bad thing is it makes the scene stale and boring. Producer's find there sound that will sell well, stick to it and then if they're one of the only 12 DJ's that get to play out at events and get on major CD compilations just over play all there stuff that is pretty much the same to increase sales.

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2006/09/19 :  00:07:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
Sixfeet makes a lot of sense.

I'm supportive of this endeavour. but equally it signals a shift in label policy for RFU. We're not chasing token tracks on these "high profile" albums anymore. We'll be doing our own thing.

Support it, or lose alternatives.

CDJay

SixFeet
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,285 posts
Posted - 2006/09/19 :  19:30:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit SixFeet's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
I'm supportive of this endeavour. but equally it signals a shift in label policy for RFU. We're not chasing token tracks on these "high profile" albums anymore. We'll be doing our own thing.

CDJay

Best of luck man. Reason i lost interest in hardcore a while ago was hearng the same old shit over and over as I can't play vinyl. Can get the odd mix on the internet with some different labels but I just got sick of having to work to actually find hardcore music I liked. The 'top' DJ's and promoters kill the scene not the downloading (of course it doesn't help). That however is my own opinion which I probably doubt many people would agree on.

loanraver

United Kingdom
32 posts
Posted - 2006/09/19 :  20:22:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit loanraver's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:

CDJay

Best of luck man. Reason i lost interest in hardcore a while ago was hearng the same old shit over and over as I can't play vinyl. Can get the odd mix on the internet with some different labels but I just got sick of having to work to actually find hardcore music I liked. The 'top' DJ's and promoters kill the scene not the downloading (of course it doesn't help). That however is my own opinion which I probably doubt many people would agree on.

I 2nd that!

Gloworm-Carry me home a 1994 dance Classic

jenks
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,684 posts

19 hardcore releases
jenks has attended 1 event
Posted - 2006/09/20 :  04:52:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit jenks's homepage  Reply with quote
^^ Keep the forum tidy, don't have big daft ****ing signature pics like that!

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 5 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.75 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page