Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Questions...
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Matty

United Kingdom
29 posts
Posted - 2001/04/26 :  13:17:51  Show profile Send a private message
Heres some questions i need answering...

1. Wot is old skool?

2. And nu skool?

3. How did dance music begin?

4. Where did HHC come into it?

5. Can u list all the types of dance music, plz.

Ta 4 answering!

Alert moderator
happyraveruk

United Kingdom
254 posts
Posted - 2001/04/26 :  13:56:46  Show profile  Send a private message
old skool was the rave music played back between '88 and '95. it was just called rave, but once the era was over it became known as old skool. dj's include red alert and mike slammer, slipmatt, ratpack, ellis dee, phantasy, to name a few. songs such as the slammer, and searchin for my rizla. new skool (new skool breakz) was introduced a couple of years after and is sort of like a mix between garage and old skool. this stuff is often played in garage sets and in few old skool sets. ratpack for example heavily promote this new style. dance music's beginning i couldn't tell you. in the old skool era the choons varied, some were happy i.e. dj force - perfect dreams, happy tunes - rushing on pink champagne and vibes - obsession. then there were normal choons such as edge 1 - compended and liquid - sweet harmony. there were also those on the darkside such as metalheadz - terminator. in 1993 dj slipmatt bought out SMD1 which was a happy tune. this defined the hardcore style of music, and after that choon, records were either old skool or happy hardcore. hhc began in 1993 although there were choons of this style in 92 and possibly even 91. to list all tpes of dance music could take ages and i haven't got the time. if u want to find out more about old skool, then a good site to go to is www.oldskool.weekend-rush.com. hope i could help. if u wanna hear more old skool then if you're old enough - raves such as raindance, slammin vinyl, one nation to name a few have an old skool arena/room. if not, then go to a record shop that sells more underground tunes i.e. drum n bass/old skool/happy hardcore and you can buy the tape packs. or cd's to start with - i'd suggest absolute old skool classics 1 and 2, or there is a dreamscape set out now with 3 hhc, 3 d&b and 3 old skool cd's. i bought it for £11, but it wen back to £18 2 days after. these can be found in any big virgin, hmv or our price, etc. if u need any more information, just ask. see ya later.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Matty

United Kingdom
29 posts
Posted - 2001/04/27 :  13:21:34  Show profile  Send a private message
Ta 4 that m8, now if i can grab sum1 to tell me all the types of dance music...

Alert moderator Go to top of page

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.67 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page