Total online 1679
 Radio listeners 159+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Scott Brown - New Comp CD & "DVD Feature Film!!
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 3

Author Thread  
Dj Esi
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
567 posts

26 hardcore releases
Dj Esi has donated money to the site
Posted - 2007/03/10 :  11:37:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dj Esi's homepage  Reply with quote
is he **** lol i admit he isnt the best dj around but hes defnatly the best producer around in hardcore and gives so many people insperations for new stuff

tbh scott brown is just doing all he can to get his name remembered for years to come in the hardcore scene he desereves to be knwon by the world he works incredibly hard as all the hardcore scene do so scott brown and do what he likes coz he is GOD ! lol

speech over :P

Website - http://www.dj-esi.co.uk
My Space - http://www.myspace.com/dj_esi

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Aaron-Htid

United Kingdom
26 posts
Aaron-Htid has attended 1 event
Posted - 2007/03/10 :  14:47:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Aaron-Htid's homepage  Reply with quote
if they niver had mc's at the raves ther wud be no motivation really apart from the music its-self. i think the mc's play an important role as they get th crowd motivated n up fur it. i agre storm is annoying sometimes.. mc whizzkid is th all round better mc deeper voice more structured lyrics n pretty much disny blether s h i t e!

kathryn
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,520 posts
kathryn has attended 3 events
Posted - 2007/03/10 :  15:12:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit kathryn's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by 95_was_the_time:
don't get me wrong though I DO like his early stuff like elysium and +, power of love, and even as far as say neckbreaker but don't you think latley he's getting a bit pretentious?

he's getting a bit pretentious?

thats you 95!

Mortis
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,493 posts

341 hardcore releases
Mortis has donated money to the site Mortis has attended 7 events
Posted - 2007/03/10 :  16:04:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mortis's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
don't get me wrong though I DO like his early stuff like elysium and +, power of love, and even as far as say neckbreaker but don't you think latley he's getting a bit pretentious?

I wouldn't say pretentious, more bland. He needs some more feeling/motivation in some of his tracks I think. Goodbye My Friend is a great example of when he's feeling the music he belts out a great track, but then you get some of his other tracks where he just seems to be going through the motions.

I like Scott Brown though, hope he contiunes to get back on form and gets some more cracking tracks out.

Chris B
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,964 posts
Chris B has attended 30 events
Posted - 2007/03/10 :  16:32:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Chris B's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
don't get me wrong though I DO like his early stuff like elysium and +, power of love,

That aint his early stuff mate, well the club mix of power of love was early but the happy hardcore was more late 90's i think?

Should check the stuff on evo gold, twisted vinyl and especially the dutch releases on terrortrax and mokum and that. Scott Browns Annihilator's my fav alias he's used for tunes.

Heard a mix yesterday with a bouncy tune by scott brown called "hardcore is the future"?

Probs been out ages cos i rarely check imo but was fair good

Edited by - Chris B on 2007/03/10 16:34:42
DJ Mole
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,505 posts
DJ Mole has attended 7 events
Posted - 2007/03/10 :  19:36:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Mole's homepage  Reply with quote
actually the best producer in the scene is either Cube::Hard, Gammer or VAGABOND

Orbit1

Australia
400 posts
Orbit1 is verified hardcore artist Orbit1 has attended 9 events
Posted - 2007/03/11 :  07:00:27  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Orbit1's homepage  Reply with quote
some nice threadjacking here...Good job to all.

On a routine dicussion with my mates, we agreed that Scotty really is one of the biggest influences in hardcore. Well before Hixxy introduced his Raver Baby vibe, Scotty was trancing it up. Who helped bring back the bounce? Scotty.

Fact is, major props to him, its about time he did something like this.

Mortis
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,493 posts

341 hardcore releases
Posted - 2007/03/11 :  13:47:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mortis's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Orbit1:
Well before Hixxy introduced his Raver Baby vibe, Scotty was trancing it up.

I mentioned this on the forums not so long ago, I'm glad I'm not the only one who's been talking about it, I've been banging on about that fact for years. I'm glad other people have noticed it too.

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2007/03/12 :  06:30:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
being in the US, the earliest that most of us here got happy hardcore is with the happy2bhardcore compilations mixed by anabolic frolic. the very 1st cd had both hixxy and scott brown tunes, but i think that the better trax were from hixxy cuz he had a more genuine "happy" sound. i love his trax like wantin 2 get high and get into love.

i still like scott brown and hixxy to this day and to me it seems like scott brown is getting back to his good stuff with trax like all about u and goodby my friend. i too am lookin 4ward to the cd/dvd product because it is the closest thing i can get 2 the hardcore scene here. i just hope that it is a region free coding dvd.

Orbit1

Australia
400 posts
Orbit1 is verified hardcore artist Orbit1 has attended 9 events
Posted - 2007/03/12 :  08:16:40  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Orbit1's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mortis:
I mentioned this on the forums not so long ago, I'm glad I'm not the only one who's been talking about it, I've been banging on about that fact for years. I'm glad other people have noticed it too.

Its a shame that people blame hixxy for the trance mess. Having said that, I don't think its a mess, just need to have trancey vibes in moderation.

Mortis
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,493 posts

341 hardcore releases
Posted - 2007/03/12 :  09:42:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mortis's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Orbit1:
Its a shame that people blame hixxy for the trance mess.

Tell me about it, I think the ones who blame Hixxy are the weekend ravers. No nothings who want to try and sound like they know what they're talking about, I reckon they'd burn an effigy of Hixxy if they thought it would help them fit it.

Sk8SiM
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,293 posts
Sk8SiM has attended 2 events
Posted - 2007/03/12 :  14:52:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Sk8SiM's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
imo scott brown is way too overrated

^^ Wow - whats wrong with that? no need for a falming guys! His expressing an cival opinion! lol ...In fact i agree with you mate! He is over rated! - but sometimes his also underated!

His music has gone really dull and boring in my books... just the same thing over and over, but - hey, thats my taste... scott can write whatever he wants - its not my role [or yours, or anyones] to tell producers how to write there passion!

Even though i ent a fan of his latest stuff... i still strongly respect the guy for his past work and his influance in this scene!
What can i say - "UK HardCore" just isn't my place anymore!

I'm Just looking forward to this DVD!

Sk8SiM/Morrall Studios.

wong
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,991 posts
Posted - 2007/03/12 :  20:06:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit wong's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chris B:
quote:
don't get me wrong though I DO like his early stuff like elysium and +, power of love,

That aint his early stuff mate, well the club mix of power of love was early but the happy hardcore was more late 90's i think?

Should check the stuff on evo gold, twisted vinyl and especially the dutch releases on terrortrax and mokum and that. Scott Browns Annihilator's my fav alias he's used for tunes.

Heard a mix yesterday with a bouncy tune by scott brown called "hardcore is the future"?

Probs been out ages cos i rarely check imo but was fair good

his older stuff was wicked. 95 check this set out man from 93

side a http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UKVJVAGT

side b http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3ZKXQHVO

iluvhrdcor
Advanced Member

Australia
589 posts
iluvhrdcor has attended 1 event
Posted - 2007/03/13 :  05:56:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit iluvhrdcor's homepage  Reply with quote
wow, i am so excited, i love scot brown. he is ****ing great!

bulby_g
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,205 posts

430 hardcore releases
bulby_g has attended 55 events
Posted - 2007/03/13 :  10:27:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit bulby_g's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron-Htid:
if they niver had mc's at the raves ther wud be no motivation really apart from the music its-self. i think the mc's play an important role as they get th crowd motivated n up fur it. i agre storm is annoying sometimes.. mc whizzkid is th all round better mc deeper voice more structured lyrics n pretty much disny blether s h i t e!

Heh. I've been to parties that have no MC's that go on for entire bank holiday weekends and everyone at them dont seem to have any motivational issues. Why do you need some bloke to tell you to dance, surely that's what you came to do anyway? Besides if you wanted to go and mong out/wander off and have a bit of a waffle with friends/complete strangers shouldn't you be able to without someone telling you to "blah de blah de blah"etc.

MC's are the worst part of legal Hardcore and DnB raves IMO. They should just piss off. They are annoying and ruin my enjoyment of the music! Grrr etc.

MC's are killing the scene.

Yeah the DVD might be interesting if it features lots of old stuff on it. Gotta agree with Mortis it'd be good to see some studio action too.

Edited by - bulby_g on 2007/03/13 10:30:43

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.45 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page