Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 General discussion
 Introduction to hardcore
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Atlas
Average Member

United States
185 posts
Posted - 2002/04/26 :  08:37:20  Show profile Send a private message
I dont know if this topic has been brought up er not, but i was just thinking aout when i first started listening to happycore, i think it was about 97, mabye 98 more likely...........my boy came back down from ohio and told me about something called "Happy Hardcore", i was like"what the hell is that".....i was listening to trance at the time and wasnt very openminded............but he had just got the dreamscape series by slipmatt (which today i still can't find ANYWHERE) and happy 2b hardcore ch.1 by the frolic ( i think anyone in north america that listens to hardcore has at least one of this series)my first impresion of hardcore was amazing.........i couldnt believe that naything went faster than 140........and all the smiley faces an what not, shit kidz, i was hooked........now im a lifer!

Any you guys remember when you heard your first hardcore song, or bought your first cd, or saw your first hardcore dj an all that jazz?

"Ravers don't fall, they trip and roll."

Alert moderator
DJ Mouse
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,687 posts
DJ Mouse has attended 1 event
Posted - 2002/04/26 :  09:42:22  Show profile  Send a private message
i was on my way to france for a holiday and my mate showed me bonkers 1. that was me hooked.
then my mate played bonkers 3 at her bonfire and that sealed it,went out and bought the second one the next day

--------------------------------------------------
"Don't frown when someone annoys you, it uses 42 muscles. Bitch-slap the fu©ker, it only uses 4"

DJ Mouse

Alert moderator Go to top of page
mc trev
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
736 posts
mc trev has attended 2 events
Posted - 2002/04/26 :  13:36:36  Show profile  Send a private message
my mate gave me a tape when i was at norty boyz boarding school
dj sy mc storm original dat and since then i have bought nearly
20 helter skelter tape packs and all 7 bonkers plus any other tape or cd packs happycore related

my favorate music

happycore, techno, old skool(only some),gabba (only some
hardhouse,acid house,uplifting,hard dance
trance ,hard trance,acid trance,proggressive trance

my favorate hhc tunes

shooting star
music is my fantasy
i need your lovin (every body's got to learn sometimes)
love of my life
heart of gold
hardcore vibes
bang-give me a reason for your love
PLUS THOUSANDS MORE!!!

music is my life

Jaide

United States
306 posts
Jaide has attended 10 events
Posted - 2002/04/26 :  16:02:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Jaide's homepage
I was at a party 4 years ago, and up untill that night i was a huge house/trance head...walked into the 3rd room at the party and saw a bunch of smilie faces everywhere and then heard the DJ yell out "ARE YOU READY FOR SOME F*CKING HAPPY HARDCORE?"..the crowd went crazy...me being so curious about how hardcore could possibley be happy stayed in that room and much to my surprise didn't leave untill the last record was spun 3 sets later...ahhh found my drug of choice that night in the form of happycore...here I am 4 years later loving more then i ever thought possible. :)

~.:*:.~.:*:.~.:*:.~

PLUR - People.Look.Ugly.Rollin :)~
I wish I had a fan club...will you be my friend? :)

DJ AcidBunE
Founder/Promoter of I-Jam Productions
GO GO ACID BUNNIES!!!

Catch me on AIM anytime:
JmeHHC or Jaide0123

Annex

Canada
285 posts

38 hardcore releases
Annex has attended 1 event
Posted - 2002/04/26 :  17:07:21  Show profile  Send a private message
w00t

personaly i useda classify all electronica as "techno"
back when i listened to mostly like.. classic rock, and schtuff, but new i loved prodigy, and liked hearing 'techno remixes' of things, lol... oh i was naive

in any event!!

Don Giovanni and I, i think prolly both hear happycore at similar times, when some girl we knew thought happy hardcore was a group ;)
and yes *wimper* it was downloaded!.... but after we'd heard a few, both of us where later downloading whatever we could to hear more of this schtuff (ok.. Don Giovanni to a slightly greater extreem, hehe)

was friends with a fellow from our school, who *shock* is a raver!? no way!?
took us to a party!!
and we just kept goin from there, because i heard happycore before even going to a party though, 'im not even that huge a fan of raveing unless there's at least some hardcore there

i LIKE other stuff, but i'm more picky about it...
for instance.. with happycore, play me most any track and i prolly enjoy it greatly! and most will get me bouncin n shakin n happier than a pig in sh*t :))
i like some house... i like a LITTLE trance... i spent alota time in the jungle room at a party, and enjoyed it.. but dunt really enjoy it as much in a non-party atmosphere.. etc...

it all just depends... happycore is where my heart is though :)

(i hope that made sense, i kinda forgot what i was talking about after a bit, lol)

-----------------------
potatoe :)
keep on smiling

Weird Fish

Aruba
437 posts
Posted - 2002/04/26 :  21:48:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Weird Fish's homepage
Was watching tv top charts and heard Hardcore Feelings...till this day it's
my favourite and probably forever will...
I was kinda into trance already then I went puff...I just appeared in the
HHC world and can't seem to leave this place either...don't want to either

I like the Bass to go BOOM!!!

Raver Davie

United Kingdom
30 posts
Posted - 2002/06/03 :  15:22:16  Show profile  Send a private message
The very first tape I heard was a German one. It had all the songs like "I'm the f*ck you man" from the Ruffneck record label on it. It was introduced to me by a friend who had recently been to Germany. We were about 10/11 at the time and used to spend our afternoons listening to this tape while playing on his super nintendo. After a while his brother bought Dreamscape 21, as soon as it came out. The same day my friend phoned me and told me his bro left the Hixxy tape at his house and that it was amazing. One Hixxy tape led to another, until finally I heard Bass D's & King Matthew's "Like a Dream" which just totally got me hooked onto hardcore. Before listening to hardcore I used to listen to "2 unlimited" and other such techno stuff that was in the charts at the time so in a way it was inevitable that I would like happy hardcore.

Dave!

zazzy

Australia
20 posts
Posted - 2002/06/05 :  08:52:01  Show profile  Send a private message
I got into happy hardcore jus last year mainly cos my ex plays it. Used to ****en hate it cos hadn't heard the real stuff but quite quickly learned to love it. The relationship died tho but my love for hardcore didn't :)
So I guess it was worth it..hahah..jus kiddin..every relationship is important no matter what happens in the end...and we're mate's now..ok enuff personal info..haha!

interviews, music and STUFF!!!

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.17 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page