Total online 1562
 Radio listeners 184+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 General discussion
 New profile system - changes and bugs here!
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
silver
Admin

Japan
12,548 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2007/03/16 :  06:29:41  Show profile View artist profile Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage View the linked resource
We have totally redesigned our profile system, good news is that you can now delete your buddies on your buddy lists and do alot of other funky stuff! This is version 0.9 if you will of the system, we have done bug testing and other things to make sure it all works nicely but of course your help in bug reporting is always appreciated :)

Changes? The major change if your used our previous buddy system is that when one person requests to be a buddy and the other accepts that request you are both on each others lists as buddies, there is no more 1 way buddy lists.

Other changes:
- Buddies are displayed with their avatar and their names.
- Buddy requests, you are now notified if someone wants to add you as a buddy.
- Email alerts, you are now emailed when you get a buddy request or introduction.
- Introductions, you can leave introductions to your buddies. Of course if you don't like an introduction from one member you can delete it or if you wrote the introduction you can edit it.
- My home, new button to find your profile page on the blue navi (every other page but top page).
- Change "home" in the top white navi to "top"
- Moved the banner on the profile page from the top to the right to give everyone more space and make the page flow.
- Loads more, we have written nearly 300K of new code!

You need to have an account on the site to see the profiles, this might change in the future but for now (and in testing phase) you need to be logged in.

Please note that you will be getting emails from [email protected] for all email alerts and some private messages, you used to get private messages just from [email protected], we will be changing the private messages all to the same email address in the future. Make sure to add [email protected] to your white lists and move it from your junk folders and mark as a safe contact. Optionally all emails from [email protected] will start with [HappyHardcore.com] if you want to add that to your rules for spam protection

Future improvements:
- The "My Area" section on the site will be merged into the new profile system at some point to have a better base of info for the member.
- Biographics (about yours) on your profile page.
- More detailed event intergration.
- a ton more stuff that I don't want to give away just yet because it is a suprise :)

Thoughts and issues, let us know :)

Alert moderator
ihaveduff
Advanced Member

Australia
944 posts

28 hardcore releases
ihaveduff has attended 11 events
Posted - 2007/03/16 :  07:13:40  Show profile  Send a private message
nice one mate!! seems to be all good (and site is faster form previous updates)!! keep up the good work :D

Alert moderator Go to top of page
bulby_g
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,205 posts

430 hardcore releases
bulby_g has attended 55 events
Posted - 2007/03/16 :  09:11:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit bulby_g's homepage
I have no friends now :(

clarke101
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,839 posts

185 hardcore releases
Posted - 2007/03/16 :  09:17:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit clarke101's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by bulby_g:

All 3 of mine have vanished as well

silver
Admin

Japan
12,548 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2007/03/16 :  09:18:30  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
quote:

Sorry if you were using the old system, but we need to delete everyone as we introduced requests to buddies and previous friends were all automatically added. To be honest the old system was sort of half finished and the new system is much better. I don't think anyone is really missing out.

BTW: Just requested you as a buddy :)

bulby_g
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,205 posts

430 hardcore releases
bulby_g has attended 55 events
Posted - 2007/03/16 :  09:31:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit bulby_g's homepage
Added :)

Ah cool that all makes sense.

quote:
Originally posted by clarke101:

All 3 of mine

You had that many?...

clarke101
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,839 posts

185 hardcore releases
Posted - 2007/03/16 :  09:52:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit clarke101's homepage
quote:
Added :)

Ah cool that all makes sense.

quote:

All 3 of mine

You had that many?...

*cries*

*Edit*

Love the txt you can add to the request. Perfect for insulting people. As Brian will find out.

Edited by - clarke101 on 2007/03/16 09:56:19
silver
Admin

Japan
12,548 posts

894 hardcore releases
Posted - 2007/03/16 :  12:31:26  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
quote:
Love the txt you can add to the request. Perfect for insulting people. As Brian will find out.

Yeah it's a real request system, you can beg and plead :)

Cotts
Advanced Member

Australia
917 posts
Cotts has donated money to the site Cotts has attended 15 events
Posted - 2007/03/16 :  14:33:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Cotts's homepage
Yeah its working quite well I must say silver. I like how in the profiles it comes up with everyones avatar's rather than just a string of text.

So far so good!

silver
Admin

Japan
12,548 posts

894 hardcore releases
Posted - 2007/03/19 :  02:02:43  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
No bugs?

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2007/03/19 :  13:40:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage
Not working so well for me.

There must be a problem with other people's friend requests getting through.....

Edited by - djDMS on 2007/03/19 13:42:28
Mortis
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,493 posts

341 hardcore releases
Mortis has donated money to the site Mortis has attended 7 events
Posted - 2007/03/19 :  14:17:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mortis's homepage
Working fine for me so far, one minor bug is that it didn't send out my first request, I re-requested and it's been fine since.

silver
Admin

Japan
12,548 posts

894 hardcore releases
Posted - 2007/03/20 :  04:20:02  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
Not working so well for me.

There must be a problem with other people's friend requests getting through.....

If they have old or not working email address' in their profile the request wont get to them. I'm thinking to move he "you have xx buddy requests" thing in the profile system to the rest of the site as well.

SickPigRecords

United Kingdom
344 posts
SickPigRecords has donated money to the site SickPigRecords has attended 5 events
Posted - 2007/03/20 :  14:52:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit SickPigRecords's homepage
sounds good i think it looks better

Da Cunney Bugz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,222 posts

25 hardcore releases
Da Cunney Bugz has attended 9 events
Posted - 2007/03/20 :  15:11:35  Show profile  Send a private message
dont understand why if im in there list and they wer in mine, its now empty?

should i just blame immigrants?

*I LOVE YOU*

Knightmare
Advanced Member

Belgium
1,700 posts
Knightmare has attended 4 events
Posted - 2007/03/20 :  16:59:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Knightmare's homepage
haha, I finally have a buddy! (and it's the man himself, Silver!) :p

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.86 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page