Printer friendly
Page: 
of 3

Author Thread  
Sphere
Starting Member

Australia
6 posts
Posted - 2002/05/19 :  00:27:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Miss Kitty:
the first cd i ever bought was retro techno with tracks like masterplan and dancing together on it after i heard that in yr 8 i was hooked and im still listening now 5 years later =)

cheese is the only state of mind

thats the cd that got me started too!! it belonged to my brother and i remember listening to it not knowing what this strange, chirpy music was but it was giving me rushes everytime id listen to them! such a good cd, Children of the Revolution was a fav...
...and ive loved happy hardcore ever since.

" Before making records the hood was my saviour."

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Webber

United States
46 posts
Webber has attended 1 event
Posted - 2002/05/19 :  03:37:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Webber's homepage  Reply with quote
wow..a touching topic. seriously. I'd have to say the first time I heard happy hardcore was back in 97 when aol was big and mp3 groups were around in chatrooms. I worked as a server and web designer for Eternal Blaze. They served all electronic music types and had the market cornered as far as mp3 groups went. When I first discovered them it was after downloading tracks from Scooter and Anon. I followed up the happyhardcore info and became knowledgable. I was hooked.
However I've always been the sort of person who is energetic and a sucker for good female vocals. Over the years though I've progressed to darker sounds, I liked calling it darkcore, but then I realized it as freeform/trancecore. Thats about it, a brief but personal bit of my history.

o<|;0D Wèbber¬

Midway_raver
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,032 posts
Midway_raver has attended 2 events
Posted - 2002/05/19 :  03:44:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
hardcore heaven tapes back in 95/96.
And i too went mad and bort anythink hardcore.........

Like a bolt of lightning it's so frightning..Get ur brain now we're igniting

Elysium

Sweden
119 posts

117 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/05/27 :  08:33:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elysium's homepage  Reply with quote
When I started pitching eurodance, people didn't like it, and gave me hints about the "happy hardcore". But I guess, for me, it started with the "Deep Heat" compilation-series back in the early 1990's. You know, with artists like The Shamen, Snap, KLF, Technotronic, SL2, Prodigy, 2 Unlimited, DNA, Sy and so on. The years passed by, just like DJ Bobo :) And in 1994-95 there were Mark'Oh, Charly Lownoise & Mental Theo, Masterboy, RMB, Das Modul, Dune, Scooter, Marusha, Technohead, Jimmy J & CRU-L-T, Interactive, Paul Elstak, Scott Brown, Critical Mass.. and beyond :)

I am soooo The Cheese.

--
I’m gonna live forever - baby remember my name.

Brian K
Advanced Member

United States
8,663 posts

528 hardcore releases
Brian K has attended 5 events
Posted - 2002/05/27 :  10:18:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
the first cd i listened to that resembled present hardcore was thunderdome 3. proceded to purchase various hhc & hardcore tapes/cds from then till today =P

"As punishment for your desertion, it's company policy to give you the plague."

DJ CURLY

United Kingdom
457 posts
Posted - 2002/05/27 :  12:02:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
i listened to ...............happyhardcore to get into happyhardcore amazing when u think about it.
are u being sarcastic dreamscape2002
yeh what if i am
dont do it u knob
ok
errrrrrrr....was i talking to myself again
i listened to plenty of cousins tape packs well they werent his he was a cheap skate and borrowed them off of his mates.
those were the days listening to rave while playing the supernintendo.
does any 1 remember the game top gear2 on the snes
try playing that with hhc blasting out ya stereo.

hes the dj and im the mc were the boys who like to hype up the party.were just here to get on down vibes and lively from a london town.rockin to the music cause the music doesnt stop cus its the sounds of dj vibes and mc livelee get u hot.

Brian K
Advanced Member

United States
8,663 posts

528 hardcore releases
Brian K has attended 5 events
Posted - 2002/05/27 :  16:07:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
more like some 4 way bomberman was where it was at =P

"As punishment for your desertion, it's company policy to give you the plague."

Pandora
Average Member

United States
173 posts
Posted - 2002/05/28 :  09:31:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
I went to a clothing store at my local mall and picked up a flyer. I had no idea what this techno stuff was. We called the info line and heard crazy music playing as directions to the venue were being screamed. *very cool* We showed up at the San Bernanrdino Orange Show and heard music thumping in the background. I'm not sure what style of music I heard first...I was a newbie...but I knew that the blood in my veins was rushing and I thought my soul was going to pop out of my skin and start dancing. About a month later i got handed Paulina Taylor's Bounce and fell deep in love with Happy Hardcore, from there I heard P.T.'s Smile. I guess you could say that for a while I raved for the drugs...but I wouldn't have been there if it weren't for the music. Now I'm sober and can hear the music much clearer.

StrifeII
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,143 posts
StrifeII is verified hardcore artist
Posted - 2002/05/30 :  13:15:50  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit StrifeII's homepage  Reply with quote
I got hooked on by my brother borrowing a copy of a force & styles tape off this kid he knows (well i know him too now) and i loved the unique mix of shooting star. the tape had bad quality, but its weird, the bad quality made it sound good [:s] anywho i went on napster *ahh back in the day!* and searched for shooting star and soon enough i got it. it had 'anabolic frolic' as the artist so i searched for more of frolic's stuff and somehow i just started loving it. forgot how i found out some artists, but i did.

Hardcore Will Never Die

B.C
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,747 posts

35 hardcore releases
B.C has donated money to the site B.C has attended 10 events
Posted - 2002/07/10 :  21:23:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Again Bonkers 1! and under 18s discos where "Toytown" and "Back in the UK" were frequently played.Still going to these discos! im going to the Bonkers Bash at Privilege in Glasgow on 27th July! woohoo, cant wait!

"The music was like new,black,polished chrome that came over the summer like liquid night"

marty_j
Starting Member

United Kingdom
8 posts
Posted - 2002/07/11 :  11:43:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
The pirate radio stations got me hooked. didnt really like it at first but now i am hardcore. Bought bonkers 1 n hardcore heaven and then i went to Uprising which is hardcore through n through never looked back since

MartiN

djyogi

Australia
487 posts
Posted - 2002/07/12 :  01:46:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djyogi's homepage  Reply with quote
Dyewitness got me hooked. Does any1 know by the way what trevor reilly is up to now? is he producing?, BDW hes the producer of dyenwitness hes other alias name is casio brothers.

"My only regret in life is that i wasn't a DJ" Draz

qwertyu

United Kingdom
28 posts
Posted - 2002/07/12 :  02:19:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
helterskelter tapes the first djs i probaly heard were dougle and hixxy when they did a set piece

d.hyden

ur rockin with the best

Tonk
Starting Member

United Kingdom
9 posts
Posted - 2002/07/12 :  02:32:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Dreamscape 20 was the first tape i heard dougal and vibes.
I still listen to it now.
Then i bought a couple of the edge tapes.
Then started buying packs.

slipped
Starting Member

Canada
8 posts
Posted - 2002/07/12 :  04:16:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
The very first hardcore song I ever fell in love with was "piano progression" by Luna-C waaaay back in the early 90's, sometime around '93 or '94. A friend heard me mention happy hardcore a few times, and when he was in England, bought me a CD and brought it back for me. IMO, it's still one of the most beautiful hardcore songs ever written.
I recently found the limited edition Luna-C 12" double pack of it online recently and it should be getting here any day now.

Can't wait!
slipped.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.23 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page