Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 General discussion
 R.I.P. PLUR
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Atlas
Average Member

United States
185 posts
Posted - 2002/05/13 :  08:44:36  Show profile Send a private message
IS plur dead? I can't speak for Europe, etc.....(cuz ive never seen the scene there) but here in the twin cities PLUR seems to be just another word, a shadow on what the rave scene used to mean to people. Now i here this word being taunted, things im sure youve all heard like "people look ugly rollin". At first i thought it was just a joke utill in other site forumz and listening to people talk about it it seemed to me that they were makin fun of it!

To me PLUR is a philosophy that i try to live by everyday. GIVE PLUR=GET PLUR!now the scenes all about E and L and now K. WHat the fuq is going on! we're replacing the "natural high" with the synthetic high. Now dont get me wrong, drugs are fun (too fun mabye), but i came to a point were the PLUR was gone and so was my money..............

"Ravers don't fall, they trip and roll."

Alert moderator
xxxFRIARxxx

United States
68 posts
Posted - 2002/05/13 :  09:18:24  Show profile  Send a private message
WOW! Someone ELSE besides me who lives in the twin cities!

Yeah, I've also noticed that PLUR is dead in Minnesota. It's dying all over the nation. I haven't been in the party scene for too long, but I know the love mentality is dying quickly...

-Tom from Maple Grove

The early bird gets the worm.
The second mouse gets the cheese.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Atlas
Average Member

United States
185 posts
Posted - 2002/05/13 :  09:41:46  Show profile  Send a private message
quote:

WOW! Someone ELSE besides me who lives in the twin cities!

I was thinking the same thing! Finally i know im not the only hardcore kid in minnesota!

-up in White Bear Lake ("white boy lake")

Jaide

United States
306 posts
Jaide has attended 10 events
Posted - 2002/05/13 :  11:39:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Jaide's homepage
PLUR - people. look. ugly. rollin.. hmm where have I seen that before??..WAIT it's on MY signature!! haha..anyway..yeah PLUR's pretty much dead in St.Louis..has been for awhile. Everyone's lost the silent second "R" in the word that stands for RESPONSIBILITY (sp?) (hmm havin thinking issue's today..) Everyone's so careless in what they choose to do at parties and rarely stop to think about how thier actions can make a big negivitve impact on the scene. It's sad, but I've noticed it's just part of that whole rave party business heh...seems like things go in waves here...hopefully everything will pick back up to normal soon..starting with the party i'm throwin!! it's gonna have all kinds of plurry goodness!!!..heh..self promotion rocks..kidding..

~.:*:.~.:*:.~.:*:.~

PLUR - People.Look.Ugly.Rollin :)~
I wish I had a fan club...will you be my friend? :)

DJ AcidBunE
Founder/Promoter of I-Jam Productions
GO GO ACID BUNNIES!!!

Catch me on AIM anytime:
JmeHHC or Jaide0123

Edited by - Jaide on 2002/05/14 07:48:08
kg4
Advanced Member

United States
802 posts

36 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/05/13 :  12:54:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit kg4's homepage
I dont know about europe, but the concept of plur is pretty much dead in the US

"We'll always be together, forever for it seems. We'll always be together in electric dreams. "

DJ Mouse
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,687 posts
DJ Mouse has attended 1 event
Posted - 2002/05/13 :  14:56:20  Show profile  Send a private message
why call it the twin cities?

--------------------------------------------------
"Don't frown when someone annoys you, it uses 42 muscles. Bitch-slap the fu©ker, it only uses 4"

DJ Mouse

Brian K
Advanced Member

United States
8,663 posts

528 hardcore releases
Brian K has attended 5 events
Posted - 2002/05/13 :  15:08:11  Show profile  Send a private message
well considering i never belived in plur in the first place, it's always been dead to me. apparently people aren't willing to respect others so they have to come up with some ficticious slogan to preach to people.....

"As punishment for your desertion, it's company policy to give you the plague."

DJ-SK8

Canada
269 posts
Posted - 2002/05/13 :  15:08:55  Show profile  Send a private message
Sadly here in T.O. PLUR is vary dead, and it all started with the coruption of the jungle scene=(

My god how long have those mice been living your back fat?!?!?!

WoRd?!!

Annex

Canada
285 posts

38 hardcore releases
Annex has attended 1 event
Posted - 2002/05/13 :  15:13:03  Show profile  Send a private message
i'm not big on preaching plur

but i certainly don't mind it... anything that's about peace, love, unity, respect is all good in my books... i don't hear tooo much plur here though *shrugs*

btw... Jaide
*draws a little card and holds it up*
'member of the official jaide fan club'

-----------------------
potatoe :)
keep on smiling

Jaide

United States
306 posts
Jaide has attended 10 events
Posted - 2002/05/13 :  16:23:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Jaide's homepage
YES!!! FINALLY!!! a member of my fan club!..I'm so excited!! ::jumpes up and down::...the member count now comes to...drum roll please...a whole 1.. ah..oh well it's a start! hehehe

~.:*:.~.:*:.~.:*:.~

PLUR - People.Look.Ugly.Rollin :)~
I wish I had a fan club...will you be my friend? :)

DJ AcidBunE
Founder/Promoter of I-Jam Productions
GO GO ACID BUNNIES!!!

Catch me on AIM anytime:
JmeHHC or Jaide0123

zarlon

Canada
94 posts
Posted - 2002/05/13 :  17:37:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit zarlon's homepage
There's nothing left here in our 'scene' that even resembles plur.. It's all full of [as I see it at least] little trendy kids who were kandy last year, SO kandy, and are now 'junglists', because it's cool.. running around making threats and belittling other people because they don't fit into a particular clique..

"YOU STEPPIN, KANDY BITCH??!"

Booo to that.. But I think things are making a comeback here, parties are getting better and friendlier.. :) I eagerly await the day when it's not all about ******** and status.. if that day ever comes.

peace :)

.zarlon/ducky.
87071164/55441249

xxxFRIARxxx

United States
68 posts
Posted - 2002/05/13 :  18:41:08  Show profile  Send a private message
Hey dood from "White Boy" minnesota,

Do you know of any HHC parties being thrown around here anytime soon?

Could you please leave your AIM name or MSN name so I can get in touch with you further?

My aim: xxxFRIARxxx
MSN: [email protected]

Thanks

The early bird gets the worm.
The second mouse gets the cheese.

Agent_Double_EE

Canada
59 posts
Posted - 2002/05/13 :  19:00:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Agent_Double_EE's homepage
Well PLUR is dead when you stop believing in it. I've seen it die and be revived over and over but I'm happy to say that PLUR is alive and kickin here in Alberta (Canada) The government has Edmonton by the balls for throwing parties but in Calgary the scene is teaming with PLUR and its great to see. I think the big thing is to grab the new people jumping into the scene and showin em how its done, and reminding the ol'foaggies of the scene what it is.

No one's gonna do it for you so you have to do it yourself!

Edited by - Agent_Double_EE on 2002/05/13 19:01:49
ViviKa
Starting Member

United States
1 post
Posted - 2002/05/13 :  23:15:35  Show profile  Send a private message
quote:
Originally posted by Agent_Double_EE:
Well PLUR is dead when you stop believing in it.

Awww! Just clap your hands together everyone and say " I BELIEVE IN PLUR!!! I BELIEVE IN PLUR!!!!!!!" hahahaha awwwww so cute! :)

Soren

United States
499 posts
Posted - 2002/05/14 :  05:15:13  Show profile  Send a private message
"To me PLUR is a philosophy that i try to live by everyday. GIVE PLUR=GET PLUR!"

Cool, nice philosophy to have :)

"now the scenes all about E and L and now K. WHat the fuq is going on! we're replacing the "natural high" with the synthetic high."

Hate to burst your bubble but the Rave scene has always been based (at least partly, but in a lot of cases MOSTLY) on drugs. People have been saying the exact same thing you just did ever since I started raving. And i've read a lot of old interviews and people were saying the exact same thing back in '88 too. Nothing has changed except the amount of people doing the drugs. And no offense (and this very well may not be the case with you) but people normally say stuff like that when their E stops working or they just burn out and don't wanna take E at parties anymore.

"Now dont get me wrong, drugs are fun (too fun mabye), but i came to a point were the PLUR was gone and so was my money.............."

OK, maybe it does apply to U....

It's been the same as long as i've been raving. If somone does E a lot they are all about PLUR, then their E stops working, they burn out, or they run out of money and they say stuff like:

"Where did the PLUR go???" - Well you do have a limited amount of Serotonin in your brain to use up, try waiting 2 months and then taking a pill, im sure the PLUR will be there again.

"Back in the day (about 4-6 months ago in most peoples cases) the scene was pure and good, now it just sux." - Well raving (just like everything else in life) is what you make it. If you wanna be PLUR'y and have a great time you will. If you are suddenly jaded and hate kids on E cause E doesn't work on U anymore you will proabably not have a good time.

OK, again, no offense to you and none of this may apply to U. Just some things ive noticed since ive been raving, and I very well could be wrong :)

EDIT: Oh yeah and anyone that has ever smoked at a rave has no concept of that "R" at the end of PLUR :)

Edited by - Soren on 2002/05/14 08:17:03
Atlas
Average Member

United States
185 posts
Posted - 2002/05/14 :  14:38:54  Show profile  Send a private message
well, plur is dead. In the rave scene anyways. It was just like marxism, a good idea but manipulated into somthing it was not by people who wanted somthing else. But its not dead totally. Theres a whole lot a PLUR in me, and i give it to all of you hardcore kids. Because hardcore is all about peace, love, unity, and respect. and i urge all of you to plur it up!!! everyone needs plur. Make your lives and the lives of those around you better with plur, all natural!

(I think i should make a t-shirt or somthing.)

Soren-im no e-tard man. i didnt start doing E untill my first jungle party and even then it was occasionally untill i stoped when people got busted and prices skyrocketed. But it wasnt the money that stopped me. It was one rave and the shit i saw............***** up shit that made me quite insane for a while.but im better now.

Point is i will never let PLUR die. mabye it means jack to you guys, but plur has made this world much more enjoyable for me......and thats it.

xxxFriarxxx----------AIM= Omnitron420
Email= [email protected]

i dont know any hardcore raves around here right now, but brisk was just up here at Animania a while ago. And i here about spree putting on some shit so there is some hardcore about. Hit me up!

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 2.08 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page