Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music production & Gear talk
 My style of mixing
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 3

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
StrifeII
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,143 posts
StrifeII is verified hardcore artist
Posted - 2001/05/02 :  14:32:55  Show profile View artist profile Send a private message
HI there
The way i mix is ametuar & pretty crap, but i think it's ok. I'm downloading scooters album onto my pc, mixing it on my pc & putting it on cd (hopefully) But what i find a good way of mixing is to do this: Just as the song finishes, put the other one on (or just before depending if there are vocals before the beat starts e.g F%&k the millennium) & it seems to actually be ok!
What do you think?

nowi'mfeelin'fine

Alert moderator
DJ Tempest

United States
381 posts
Posted - 2001/05/02 :  15:21:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Tempest's homepage
ermm...thats soooo cheating! ;)
in general, i mix the last 2/3 of one record with the first 1/3 of another...but thats me..

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups."

Alert moderator Go to top of page
StrifeII
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,143 posts
Posted - 2001/05/07 :  16:17:08  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit StrifeII's homepage
Yeah it is cheap, but do i care?
Heh heh...

nowi'mfeelin'fine

silver
Admin

Japan
12,547 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2001/05/07 :  21:57:55  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
It's all fun :)

StrifeII
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,143 posts
Posted - 2001/05/08 :  13:00:03  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit StrifeII's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by silver:

It's all fun :)

Sweet one silva!! 1 luv man!!

nowi'mfeelin'fine

kANDeKraver
Starting Member

3 posts
Posted - 2001/05/12 :  11:52:06  Show profile  Send a private message
hrmm.. iv never realy asked a skilled dj abuot thier style.. or mine..
i like to start a mix after the last breakdown usualy.. then let em lay together till just before the first one on the second record (unless the two dont work together too long..) ususaly..
wha do you think? is that okey? i use the fader to cause an echo sumtime with trancier HHC tracks..

Skyler

107 posts
Posted - 2001/05/12 :  15:39:21  Show profile  Send a private message
i like to cut in bits and pieces of the next track at certain places before i start mixing..
then i will begin mixing... i usually prefer to mix as long as possible.. doing it slow and smooth so it all fits together neatly... last thing i want is to loose the feeling when switching between tunes (thats how i feel when someone does a sh!te mix anyway...)

getting the beats and timing right is the most important part i would say...
certain tracks by brisk go together like nuts in a shell if you start them at the right time... all the beats match identically ;)

DJ e-Klyps

United Kingdom
258 posts
Posted - 2001/05/12 :  16:10:58  Show profile  Send a private message
I used to just think as long as the beats were in time thats all that mattered, but then.....
I came upon a piece of luck ( you must bear in mind that although i am passionate about music i have never had any music tuition in my life). I was mixing with 2 tracks and got them beat sync'd, bot something unusual. The mix fitted perfectly so i tried it again and it wasnt quite as good.

I then did some research and read about phrases in music and how a phrase is usually 16 beats. If you get the beats in a 4/4 sync and more importantly the phrase in sync the mix will sound slick. If done correctly as the beats start to get quieter or reduce in there intensity something else happens on the other record and the mix is as fluid and slick as the pro's do. It also stops that horrible bass beat cutting effect.

I guess if i had known anything about musical structures in the past i might not have had these problems. A bit of track but some advice for u.

PLUR=
Peace
Love
Unity
Respect

Unity
Respect

StrifeII
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,143 posts
Posted - 2001/05/13 :  06:40:51  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit StrifeII's homepage
I am learning to mix properly though...i can already mix joining of the clans - brave heart with joining of the clans - brave heart. lol.
It'll come in time

Livin' in a dream!!!

silver
Admin

Japan
12,547 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2001/05/13 :  09:30:44  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
Yepo ..... good luck :)

StrifeII
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,143 posts
Posted - 2001/05/13 :  13:27:08  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit StrifeII's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by silver:

Yepo ..... good luck :)

Thanks!

Livin' in a dream!!!

djotakon
Starting Member

United States
12 posts
Posted - 2001/05/14 :  13:17:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djotakon's homepage
spinning by just switching records is the easy way to do things. you have to scratch, backtrack,and know how to fade. ive been spinning for a while and if you can master these things then you are ready to go.

silver
Admin

Japan
12,547 posts

894 hardcore releases
Posted - 2001/05/14 :  21:38:56  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
djotakon: so you don't beat mix you just fade, and sctrach and stuff? .... hmmm interesting way to get into DJing, I didn't think about this, it is probally a good idea as well for people learning, could get you used to DJing and when you are ready to beat mix go for it.

djotakon
Starting Member

United States
12 posts
Posted - 2001/05/25 :  22:17:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djotakon's homepage
sup.........all of yall who talk about switching records close to the end of the firt record are cheating. the point of spinning, at least professionally is to take two records and mixing them together and making a realy bad @$$ song. and silver i do beat mix or else i wouldnt show my face DJing at a rave...peace

DJ Tempest

United States
381 posts
Posted - 2001/05/26 :  05:25:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Tempest's homepage
yup...word...with hardcore, you really do need to learn how to beatmatch. anyone can fade between tracks..thats totally cheating. and not even an acceptable one.

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups."

djotakon
Starting Member

United States
12 posts
Posted - 2001/05/26 :  14:10:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djotakon's homepage
sup all.......well as tempest said fading tracks is not an acceptible way of spinning shure to start out its great, but you have to get off the bottle, and on to real food............peace.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.83 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page