Total online 1668
 Radio listeners 189+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Production comp. Results in, producers revealed.
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 40

Author Thread  
Future_Shock
Advanced Member

Australia
2,483 posts
Future_Shock has attended 5 events
Posted - 2008/03/11 :  14:05:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Future_Shock's homepage  Reply with quote
yeah whats the point in winning if you didnt win legit?

especially when theres no prize involved?

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Dain-Ja
Advanced Member

Canada
1,983 posts
Dain-Ja has attended 11 events
Posted - 2008/03/11 :  15:12:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dain-Ja's homepage  Reply with quote
I agree
Just saying...

Anyhow, I liked "Be a Star" alot, looking forward to figuring out who made it, though I have my hunches.
I think it's the best technically and had the best mixdown too...and IMO, the catchiest riff.

Although Potato Friend was pretty good and catchy too, just not to the same level technically IMO.

Even if I don't have an entry, I'm looking forward to the results!

Visit makemeRUSH.com for music from the ONLY North American hardcore label pressing vinyl!

FREE track every Monday: http://www.rushdeliveryrecords.com/?p=229

Phenex
Advanced Member

Sweden
1,619 posts
Phenex has attended 2 events
Posted - 2008/03/11 :  15:16:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Phenex's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by bulby_g:
TBH if anyone gets any satisfaction from cheating to win they're pretty sad. :p

You'd be surprised how many do this. :(

Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2008/03/11 :  16:57:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage  Reply with quote
Just been listening to the tracks there & i'm really impressed with the level of production! To be honest I really like the first track because it's blown all tradition out the water and has created something different. There is no doubt about it that the first track should win but I have to say if I hear those f***ing vocals one more time i'm going to top myself! Personally I think the vocals are dragging down these great tracks & would be better without any vocals at all but thats just my opinion:-p

whispering

Finland
8,452 posts
whispering has donated money to the site
Posted - 2008/03/11 :  17:20:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit whispering's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by narcotik:
Just been listening to the tracks there & i'm really impressed with the level of production! To be honest I really like the first track because it's blown all tradition out the water and has created something different. There is no doubt about it that the first track should win but I have to say if I hear those f***ing vocals one more time i'm going to top myself! Personally I think the vocals are dragging down these great tracks & would be better without any vocals at all but thats just my opinion:-p

Have to say i lisyened the tracks like 3 times in a row, so heard the vocals few too many times But i still like the vocals in the first track, which in my eyes is the winner. The melody, bass, vocals and everything is just ****ing awesome. One of the best hardcore tunes i've heard in ages...

Edited by - whispering on 2008/03/11 17:23:19
tru bass
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,996 posts
tru bass has attended 11 events
Posted - 2008/03/11 :  18:33:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit tru bass's homepage  Reply with quote
i think hhcomp41 is the best...

i love that buildup with the riff

i think they should all collab and make one supersong. as all these songs are just tooo good

ruroken
Average Member

United States
179 posts
Posted - 2008/03/11 :  18:54:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit ruroken's homepage  Reply with quote
I listened to about half of them so far because I couldn't stand hearing 1+ hour of the same vocal over and over. I think 512 is my favorite so far.

Dain-Ja
Advanced Member

Canada
1,983 posts
Posted - 2008/03/11 :  19:00:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dain-Ja's homepage  Reply with quote
if I remember correctly what I didn't like about that one was that the not all the vocals were used

I could be wrong though, I'm at work so I can't check

Visit makemeRUSH.com for music from the ONLY North American hardcore label pressing vinyl!

Meathead
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
4,217 posts
Posted - 2008/03/11 :  19:16:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Meathead's homepage  Reply with quote
just voted or i think i did? anyway, voted for "happycorecomp101" i think its brilliant its just a bit darker, dunno if thats what the producer was tryin to acheive but i liked it and really stands out from the rest. but if i didnt choose that one would have voted for HHComp41.

"Music creates order out of chaos; for rhythm imposes unanimity upon the divergent, melody imposes continuity upon the disjointed, and harmony imposes compatibility upon the incongruous." -Sir Yehudi Menuhin

DarrenJ
Advanced Member

Australia
2,626 posts
DarrenJ has attended 12 events
Posted - 2008/03/11 :  19:43:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DarrenJ's homepage  Reply with quote
my 2 favs:

potatoefriend
magical1

Dain-Ja
Advanced Member

Canada
1,983 posts
Posted - 2008/03/11 :  21:44:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dain-Ja's homepage  Reply with quote
I'm listening to them again and I must say potatofriend is pretty wicked too
some of the sounds remind me of spaceman haha
I wish the 2nd break had been different though

Number 512 is really good but it was too repetitive for me and I found the vocal didn't sound as "pleasing" as in potatofriend and be a star

All in all, I still think be a star is my favourite and the best technically. Good mixdown, good vocal work and a nice ravey 2nd breakdown.

A few others are good but I'm too lazy to review everything.

If either potatofriend or be a star win I'll be quite pleased. So many good tunes here, we should do this more often. MY STUDIO MONITORS STILL AREN'T FIXED...I want to partake in the next one :P

Dain-Ja
Advanced Member

Canada
1,983 posts
Posted - 2008/03/11 :  21:46:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dain-Ja's homepage  Reply with quote
apparently I lied
potatofriend is growing on me

sorry, I'll stop posting

It's just such a relief to be able to listen to these again now that I'm home from work :D

Ionosphere
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,750 posts
Ionosphere is verified hardcore artist
Posted - 2008/03/12 :  17:34:21  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Ionosphere's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by narcotik:

....but I have to say if I hear those f***ing vocals one more time i'm going to top myself!

....absolutely true!

We're sick of them as well and the chances are it's even putting people off of listening to all the entries and therefore not voting,

which is why we were keen for other people to put up vocals so that there was more choice (free of charge of course).

So, for the next Production Comp', a choice of vocals or no vocals at all?

This- http://www.discogs.com/artist/Ionosphere

THIS - http://soundcloud.com/ionosphere

VIDEO - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nYWkHCkaho

Treasure

United Kingdom
93 posts
Treasure has attended 1 event
Posted - 2008/03/12 :  18:42:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Treasure's homepage  Reply with quote
I have to say that i still am yet to vote ,due to the fact that after 3 tunes i wanted to pull my hair out . No disrespecting the production only the vocal .
I have to say im frankly shamed at this vocal.
Big up all of you having to work with it.

I swear by almighty hardcore god that i will try much harder next time lol

Best of luck to everyone :)

Craigavon raver
Advanced Member

Ireland
2,207 posts
Craigavon raver has attended 1 event
Posted - 2008/03/12 :  20:39:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Craigavon raver's homepage  Reply with quote
i just voted there (well i think i did lol)i voted for magical1,wicked tune especially the piano when it kicks in the last time with the other tune,thats what did it for me,but as already stated be a star and potatoe head were good along with the second one in the list,well they were all good but those were my favs,suprised the last track has no votes yet very harsh by the voters lol

but i,d just like 2 say big up all those people who made the tracks they were all wicked,and 2 find out who made each track especially magical1

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 40 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5 ... 36  37  38  39  40
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.78 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page