Marijuana linked to sitting around & getting high
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 3

Author Thread  
Soren

United States
499 posts
Posted - 2002/05/29 :  16:36:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Drug: A substance other than food intended to affect the structure or function of the body.

So is sugar a "drug" per say? What about pepsi, it's not food...? Or is it? :)

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Brian K
Advanced Member

United States
8,663 posts

528 hardcore releases
Brian K has attended 5 events
Posted - 2002/05/29 :  17:13:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
i don't think sugar is considered a drug since it is essential for your brain to work properly. if we were to only get energy from fatty acids, we can use them for energy in the heart & skeletal muscles. but, the brain cannot use fatty acids for energy; it requires 100 grams of glucose per day. the brain must recieve this daily from gluconeogenesis, otherwise ketone bodies will begin to form and utimately lead to ketosis. (ie lowering the blood ph)

neat thing about sugars is you don't need to eat a particular kind of sugar since the body can make glucose in many different ways. There is also no explicit dietary need for sugars as long as you get enough calories...

"As punishment for your desertion, it's company policy to give you the plague."

Weird Fish

Aruba
437 posts
Posted - 2002/05/29 :  17:59:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Weird Fish's homepage  Reply with quote
Hmm...I'm impressed, someone here is doing their homework!!

Food is considered a food when a substance is usefull to the body, like carbohydrates, iron, etc.
A drug substance is not useful to the body cause it doesn't have a part in the development and function of the body, in fact they impare or cause damage to the body that has to take time to repare the damage.

As for pepsi, it's in part a food but not intirely. For the sugar it's in the category of food...the other stuff, like caffeine, etc it's not.
No matter if the food is of natural source or not. If the basic food supply is of matter to the proper function of the body...well it's food then.

(Hope you ppl get my point, pardon my english...I did my best)

I like the Bass to go BOOM!!!

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.73 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page