Printer friendly
Page: 
of 7

Author Thread  
Watson.

United Kingdom
276 posts
Watson. has attended 1 event
Posted - 2008/06/23 :  14:37:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Watson.'s homepage  Reply with quote
I heard "Discolights" on "The Hits" last night, and I have to say I wasn't impressed. Good luck to him though.

Styles has went down in my estimation though. I thought Styles & Breeze were fantastic when I first started listening to Hardcore. I'm very disappointed with many of his productions lately. Obviously others will feel different, but the direction he's heading towards just isn't to my taste.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Dain-Ja
Advanced Member

Canada
1,983 posts
Dain-Ja has attended 11 events
Posted - 2008/06/23 :  14:43:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dain-Ja's homepage  Reply with quote
This calls for some Darren's Piles.

I *love* Flashlight, but everytime I hear it I think "FLESHLIGHT". (http://www.fleshlight.com - anybody who's been online probably knows what it is. Some kind of vagina clone in the shape of a flashlight)

Reaching out, for my masturbation
I need to whack, touching my behind
I shoot my load in you, need to feel some friction
I'm longer now, and you're the reason why
So show me the lay, you're the hole that I have chosen
Excite me today, no more fears my ass is broken
Show me the lay, you're the hole that I've been searching
Ride me today - just like a FLESHlight, like a FLESHlight

Just like a FLESHlight, like a FLESHlight
Just like a FLESHlight, like a FLESHlight!

Visit makemeRUSH.com for music from the ONLY North American hardcore label pressing vinyl!

FREE track every Monday: http://www.rushdeliveryrecords.com/?p=229

Wilky
Banned

United Kingdom
6,198 posts
Posted - 2008/06/23 :  15:59:45  Show profile  Visit Wilky's homepage  Reply with quote
i love Darren Styles, he has been through the seen through the good times and the bad. Yes his musci is more of the commercial side, but that surely can only be a good thing!!

Hardcore needs to be commercial.. these days more than ever with the decline in CD sales & vinyl. the only way with our scene seviving and gettin bigger & stronger is the commercial market.

hardcore still has its underground side... but for me the commercial side is just as important if not more so..

a lot of u might disagree with me but fair play to you, you are entitled to do so...

http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/wilky

This post was made by Spunk Licker
who is currently on your ignore list .
Display this post.

Vitalism
Advanced Member

Canada
1,707 posts
Posted - 2008/06/23 :  16:26:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vitalism's homepage  Reply with quote
great lyrics dain-ja.

i haven't heard the album yet, but that's pretty good that he's at #4 in the UK charts.

djepi

United Kingdom
115 posts
Posted - 2008/06/23 :  17:26:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djepi's homepage  Reply with quote
People can take the piss all they like.

From back in 93'ish on Kniteforce till right now. He's got hardcore in his DNA.

Yeah the Prodigy done well reaching high in the album charts but I can't think of another solo dance artist (as in house/trance/etc) that hit 4 or above.

Nothing funnier some of those re-writing of his lycris though... comic genius... actually no they're shit.

Well done Darren. Ledgend mate.

Wilky
Banned

United Kingdom
6,198 posts
Posted - 2008/06/23 :  17:59:02  Show profile  Visit Wilky's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by djepi:
People can take the piss all they like.

Yeah the Prodigy done well reaching high in the album charts but I can't think of another solo dance artist (as in house/trance/etc) that hit 4 or above.

Nothing funnier some of those re-writing of his lycris though... comic genius... actually no they're shit.

Well done Darren. Ledgend mate.

AGREED mate!

every hardcore forum slates styles, yet every thread about him ends up page after page after page!

the guy is a genius and deserves all the success hes avin, hardcore and commercial.

4th, ****in well pleased with that. havent got my copy yet, but will in a few days!

big urself up darren, you're mr hardcore mate!

Display this post.

DJ-Intensity
Advanced Member

United States
1,903 posts
Posted - 2008/06/23 :  18:05:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ-Intensity's homepage  Reply with quote
I said I wasn't gonna get the CD but I did in the end.

Mortis
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,493 posts

341 hardcore releases
Mortis has donated money to the site Mortis has attended 7 events
Posted - 2008/06/23 :  18:11:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mortis's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by djepi:

I agree with that, loved the early Force & Evolution stuff and nearly all Force & Styles tracks where classics. I don't like his music these days, I think their is alot more talented people making better music than what Styles is making now, early Breeze & Styles stuff was good, Styles on his own I don't rate. For me he seems to make alot better tracks when he's colabing with another artists, it's like he has loads of talent but just not enough to make tunes I like when he's producing on his own.

Watson.

United Kingdom
276 posts
Watson. has attended 1 event
Posted - 2008/06/23 :  18:46:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Watson.'s homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by uncle Google:
i love Darren Styles, he has been through the seen through the good times and the bad. Yes his musci is more of the commercial side, but that surely can only be a good thing!!

Hardcore needs to be commercial.. these days more than ever with the decline in CD sales & vinyl. the only way with our scene seviving and gettin bigger & stronger is the commercial market.

hardcore still has its underground side... but for me the commercial side is just as important if not more so..

a lot of u might disagree with me but fair play to you, you are entitled to do so...

It has It's pro's and con's.

It's obviously good that money is being injected into the scene, as that should prevent repeats of Resist etc, but on the music side I'd have to say that it can be a bad thing. Commercial hardcore releases tend to have the tracks slowed down, which I find annoying. I also notice a distinct lack of bass in some compilations. My prime example of this is Clubland Extreme Hardcore 3. I honestly thought that album was utter garbage and I decided not to buy the next one.

Of course, whilst the seasoned ravers get pissed off with this, I suppose people who didn't like hardcore previously may begin to get into it.

Dain-Ja
Advanced Member

Canada
1,983 posts
Dain-Ja has attended 11 events
Posted - 2008/06/23 :  18:46:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dain-Ja's homepage  Reply with quote
meh, alot of the tracks are still anthem material

Visit makemeRUSH.com for music from the ONLY North American hardcore label pressing vinyl!

FREE track every Monday: http://www.rushdeliveryrecords.com/?p=229

DJ-Intensity
Advanced Member

United States
1,903 posts
Posted - 2008/06/23 :  18:54:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ-Intensity's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dain-Ja:
meh, alot of the tracks are still anthem material

Agreed.

Wilky
Banned

United Kingdom
6,198 posts
Posted - 2008/06/23 :  18:57:39  Show profile  Visit Wilky's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Watson.:
quote:
Originally posted by uncle Google:

It has It's pro's and con's.

It's obviously good that money is being injected into the scene, as that should prevent repeats of Resist etc, but on the music side I'd have to say that it can be a bad thing. Commercial hardcore releases tend to have the tracks slowed down, which I find annoying. I also notice a distinct lack of bass in some compilations. My prime example of this is Clubland Extreme Hardcore 3. I honestly thought that album was utter garbage and I decided not to buy the next one.

Of course, whilst the seasoned ravers get pissed off with this, I suppose people who didn't like hardcore previously may begin to get into it.

thats why is best to have commercial hardcore and underground hardcore, like we do at the moment!

Display this post.

Garedos

United Kingdom
30 posts
Posted - 2008/06/23 :  19:41:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Garedos's homepage  Reply with quote
No matter what any one thinks about to commercial exposure to our scene and the inevitable watering down of the quaility of tunes that follows, IE many bandwagon jumpers more tunes on the production table have to mean the odd corker here and there.

Lets look at mathmatically....

Before the exposure there are 100 releases a month, 2% turn out to be classics. Breaking thru into the mainstream charts could easily bump up production by three times due to people trying to make money from it, even if the quality halfs then thats 1% of 300 hundred possibly giving you an extra classic each month.

Maybe im optiamistic, maybe not.

And if it all goes tits up, those of us that are Hardcore to the bone will just settle back in to our underground scene and I dont bellieve that "once again we will live to regret it"

(What a great {Tune} that was)

coopshire

United States
314 posts
Posted - 2008/06/23 :  19:53:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit coopshire's homepage  Reply with quote
unfortuneatly i dont think that we will ever see a DJ name in the top 100 charts in the US...
to many people that like rap and rock

Wilky
Banned

United Kingdom
6,198 posts
Posted - 2008/06/23 :  20:32:49  Show profile  Visit Wilky's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Garedos:
No matter what any one thinks about to commercial exposure to our scene and the inevitable watering down of the quaility of tunes that follows, IE many bandwagon jumpers more tunes on the production table have to mean the odd corker here and there.

Lets look at mathmatically....

Before the exposure there are 100 releases a month, 2% turn out to be classics. Breaking thru into the mainstream charts could easily bump up production by three times due to people trying to make money from it, even if the quality halfs then thats 1% of 300 hundred possibly giving you an extra classic each month.

Maybe im optiamistic, maybe not.

And if it all goes tits up, those of us that are Hardcore to the bone will just settle back in to our underground scene and I dont bellieve that "once again we will live to regret it"

(What a great {Tune} that was)

fantastic tune

the thing with hardcore now compared to the 90's is variety, bit of everything for everyone. in the 90's it was all samey, thats why it dipped towards 99! theres no chance in that again as hardcore is so varied now

Display this post.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 7 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.62 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page