darren styles charts at
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 7

Author Thread  
djepi

United Kingdom
115 posts
Posted - 2008/06/24 :  21:17:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djepi's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Bollocks. All styles of hardcore are still out there if you're willing to look for them, the softer styles making money only has a knock on effect to the rest of the scene and it's all beneficial. The real reason people like you get pissed off is that the word hardcore now represents something slightly different to what you'd like it to, it's got nothing to do with hurting the scene, it's the equivalent of you spitting your dummy out because one side of hardcore has become more popular than your favourite, and you don't like it. Now that's sad

Spot on mate. Couldn't have put it better myself!

Hardcore has a future and its because of Mr Styles and all the other people producing hardcore (not people who left, marrying ex All Saints members and dissing the music we love).

There are so many differnent types of hardcore now and I love it - its never been better, so varied - commercial or whatever.

**** the past - here's to the future.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Edited by - djepi on 2008/06/24 21:24:20
djepi

United Kingdom
115 posts
Posted - 2008/06/24 :  21:32:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djepi's homepage  Reply with quote
Forgot to mention... you were right about the save me video, lol

Wilky
Banned

United Kingdom
6,198 posts
Posted - 2008/06/24 :  23:22:01  Show profile  Visit Wilky's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by djepi:
quote:
Bollocks. All styles of hardcore are still out there if you're willing to look for them, the softer styles making money only has a knock on effect to the rest of the scene and it's all beneficial. The real reason people like you get pissed off is that the word hardcore now represents something slightly different to what you'd like it to, it's got nothing to do with hurting the scene, it's the equivalent of you spitting your dummy out because one side of hardcore has become more popular than your favourite, and you don't like it. Now that's sad

Hardcore has a future and its because of Mr Styles and all the other people producing hardcore (not people who left, marrying ex All Saints members and dissing the music we love).

There are so many differnent types of hardcore now and I love it - its never been better, so varied - commercial or whatever.

both comments are spot on.

the pasts the past, it was good at the time but hardcore is better than back then.

for all those commercial haters, were do u think hardcore would be now without commercialization?

i tell u were it will be, it wouldnt be anywhere - infact, i dont think there would be a hardcore scene expet the odd event holdin the same old happy hardcore event every few months!

hardcore is the biggest thrievin genre that everyone wants a piece of, why the hell would u want to change that?

if some people want to live in the past, thats fine - commercial hardcore is here to stay and im excited! aswel as the underground its all good!

http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/wilky

This post was made by Spunk Licker
who is currently on your ignore list .
Display this post.

The Doc
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,718 posts
The Doc has attended 1 event
Posted - 2008/06/25 :  00:15:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The Doc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by uncle Google:
quote:
quote:

the pasts the past, it was good at the time but hardcore is better than back then.

for all those commercial haters, were do u think hardcore would be now without commercialization?

i tell u were it will be, it wouldnt be anywhere - infact, i dont think there would be a hardcore scene expet the odd event holdin the same old happy hardcore event every few months!

hardcore is the biggest thrievin genre that everyone wants a piece of, why the hell would u want to change that?

if some people want to live in the past, thats fine - commercial hardcore is here to stay and im excited! aswel as the underground its all good!

I'm all for the future, but you can never forget the past! (Prodgidy are re-releasing their first 2 albums in August, and having listened to a couple of the trax from their new album, I know why!) and how can anyone say anytime in hardcore is better? I'm happy for Mr Styles, I don't dislike any hardcore music, but AATW are now like the Chelsea of hardcore! Buy the adverts and the stores and we'll sell more! (doesn't mean its more popular) I'm sure CDJay would love to put his CD's on with the same promotion! anyway I'm happy in the knowledge that when I reach 40, I've still got the music coming on strong!

The Doc
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,718 posts
The Doc has attended 1 event
Posted - 2008/06/25 :  00:28:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The Doc's homepage  Reply with quote
but one thing we all should do, is bombared Pete Tongs myspace and ask why, after a Hardcore DJ can get to number 4 in the artists chart! Radio 1's dance music program still has no acknowledgement of hardcore music!

Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2008/06/25 :  03:42:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage  Reply with quote
That's a fair point Doc

Wilky
Banned

United Kingdom
6,198 posts
Posted - 2008/06/25 :  08:06:57  Show profile  Visit Wilky's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Doc:
but one thing we all should do, is bombared Pete Tongs myspace and ask why, after a Hardcore DJ can get to number 4 in the artists chart! Radio 1's dance music program still has no acknowledgement of hardcore music!

they do, every 2nd friday of the month with kutski

Display this post.

Meathead
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
4,217 posts
Posted - 2008/06/25 :  14:50:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Meathead's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wilky:
quote:
Originally posted by The Doc:

they do, every 2nd friday of the month with kutski

Nowhere near enough!

"Music creates order out of chaos; for rhythm imposes unanimity upon the divergent, melody imposes continuity upon the disjointed, and harmony imposes compatibility upon the incongruous." -Sir Yehudi Menuhin

spudpeel
Starting Member

United Kingdom
11 posts
Posted - 2008/06/25 :  15:43:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
I absolutely love the album, I was very surprised to see Drop zone on there, just for the fact that theres no vocals, and commercial stuff tends to be vocal. I mean, just look at scott browns elysium vs ultrabeats elysium. Vocals make all the difference to commercial success, and i dont think that makes it any less good music, its just that people like something they can sing along to. If thats all commercial really means then let styles do it, hes got a great voice and bundles of talent to go with it.

I did think the hardcore version of Discolights was a bit shite though, i think thats one that doesnt really work at hardcore speed, sounds kinda like its tripping over itself.

For another thing, with all the remixing going on, your average joe doesnt really know who wrote a lot of songs. Ive only been in the scene a couple of years, so I've been doing a lot of catching up, and I had no idea just how many brilliant tunes Styles was responsible for. Hopefully, he'll get the credit he deserves.

Edited by - spudpeel on 2008/06/25 15:45:33
Wilky
Banned

United Kingdom
6,198 posts
Posted - 2008/06/25 :  18:32:18  Show profile  Visit Wilky's homepage  Reply with quote
i bought the album 2day. the hardcore cd is good, got most of the tracks on various comps. i think discolights is better than the slower versions! feel love is the best track 4 me.
i was surprisf at how gud the commercial cd was.

fantastic album

Display this post.

DJ-Intensity
Advanced Member

United States
1,903 posts
Posted - 2008/06/25 :  18:50:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ-Intensity's homepage  Reply with quote
Cutting Deep sounds different at the start.

DJ Acidix
Average Member

United States
173 posts
Posted - 2008/06/25 :  18:53:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Acidix's homepage  Reply with quote
bawww

i wanna get this and true hardcore 2 pretty bad

Meathead
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
4,217 posts
Posted - 2008/06/25 :  19:17:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Meathead's homepage  Reply with quote
Feel Love?! I almost cried tears of melted cheddar when i hear the sample.

"Music creates order out of chaos; for rhythm imposes unanimity upon the divergent, melody imposes continuity upon the disjointed, and harmony imposes compatibility upon the incongruous." -Sir Yehudi Menuhin

Wilky
Banned

United Kingdom
6,198 posts
Posted - 2008/06/25 :  20:39:50  Show profile  Visit Wilky's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Intensity:
Cutting Deep sounds different at the start.

most of the tracks ave been edited in sum way

Display this post.

Craigavon raver
Advanced Member

Ireland
2,207 posts
Craigavon raver has attended 1 event
Posted - 2008/06/25 :  21:44:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Craigavon raver's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wilky:
quote:
quote:

********,holding 1 event every few months same old happy hardcore,they were still holding events when the scene hit a low 2000-01when no cds were geting released,and the scence was doing excellent 2002-06,before styles started making hardcore tracks then releaseing his commerial versions of them,so don,t go talking shite about that we needed these commerial versions of the hardcore tracks when we don,t,and by the way do u actually think that styles wud have got 2 number 4 in the charts if it was just 1 cd the hardcore 1 NO CHANCE,there was probably more dance heads bought his album than hardcore lovers

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 7 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.48 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page