Printer friendly
Page: 
of 4

Author Thread  
95_was_the_time
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,285 posts
Posted - 2008/10/29 :  02:10:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit 95_was_the_time's homepage  Reply with quote
oh and let me continue by saying, for the people outside the scene? public joe, they're going to think happyhardcore (as a style of music) consists of 10 or so tunes only.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
warped_candykid
Advanced Member

United States
3,934 posts
warped_candykid has attended 5 events
Posted - 2008/10/29 :  03:22:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit warped_candykid's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by 95_was_the_time:
well i've just seen the tracklist on the home/news page.

'ohdear' were my first thoughts.

Out of ALL the songs available, they pick the SAME ONES!

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2008/10/29 :  03:57:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
well the 1st and last 4 of the 1st album are huge anthems, but at the same time i've seen them in many compilations. but i am actually interested in gettin this for the other 2 albums, as they have a lot of my favorite songs. i still will wait for the preview, but imo it doesn't look like a horrible album

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2008/10/29 :  11:32:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
lol, i think you can officially "sell out" to hardcore now :P

cd 3...a classics cd???

pigz
Banned

United Kingdom
52 posts
Posted - 2008/10/29 :  13:46:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit pigz's homepage  Reply with quote
its all the same stuff thats been done before i like the songs, dont get me wrong but im startin to get fed up with all thease classics albums why dont they do something different, break away from the crowd or maby MOS are worried that there already huge profits might fall by 1%!!! i really am starting to hate MOS!!

Craig Switchback

United Kingdom
288 posts
Posted - 2008/10/29 :  14:02:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Craig Switchback's homepage  Reply with quote
Absolute disgrace to MOS and all the DJ's involved. Same tracks over and over again.......

Mortis
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,493 posts

341 hardcore releases
Mortis has donated money to the site Mortis has attended 7 events
Posted - 2008/10/29 :  14:32:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mortis's homepage  Reply with quote
After seeing the tracklists for the CD's - what a load of total bollocks.

Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2008/10/29 :  14:38:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage  Reply with quote
02 - Asa & S1 - Makin' Me Wanna Dance (Sy & Unknown Remix)

CLASSIC!!!! I'm not even going to attempt to write this reply but all I can say is i'm very dissapointed with what's happened to our scene & the DJ's need to take a long hard look @ the scene before they churn anymore of these out for nothing more than money.

Time to move aside lads

Craig Switchback

United Kingdom
288 posts
Posted - 2008/10/29 :  14:47:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Craig Switchback's homepage  Reply with quote
People like Dougal, Slipmatt, Sy and that have had their time. Really, what are they doing for the Hardcore scene. Churning out any old bollocks, and playing the same shit week in week out. Slipmatt is slightly better, for the MOS albums (Hardcore / Raverbreaks) but still.....

jenks
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,682 posts

19 hardcore releases
jenks has attended 1 event
Posted - 2008/10/29 :  14:56:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit jenks's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by 95_was_the_time:
oh and let me continue by saying, for the people outside the scene? public joe, they're going to think happyhardcore (as a style of music) consists of 10 or so tunes only.

Why do you care? Sad ****.

Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2008/10/29 :  17:12:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage  Reply with quote
The tracklist is weak and many of the tracks have been on the earlier helter skelter cds :( perhaps they would have been better with some of the 95-98 tracks you heard on tape packs but never knew the name of. Atleast then it would be something different and might actually sell a few.

I'm not gonna buy a cd of old tracks when i have maybe 75% of em already

warped_candykid
Advanced Member

United States
3,934 posts
Posted - 2008/10/29 :  23:51:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit warped_candykid's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Craig Switchback:
People like Dougal, Slipmatt, Sy and that have had their time. Really, what are they doing for the Hardcore scene. Churning out any old bollocks, and playing the same shit week in week out. Slipmatt is slightly better, for the MOS albums (Hardcore / Raverbreaks) but still.....

Dont you be dissing my Dougal now. "Cry For You" is an excellent track!

The Doc
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,718 posts
The Doc has attended 1 event
Posted - 2008/10/30 :  00:13:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The Doc's homepage  Reply with quote
and the award for the most pointless hardcore album ever goes to .........!

warped_candykid
Advanced Member

United States
3,934 posts
Posted - 2008/10/30 :  03:35:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit warped_candykid's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Craig Switchback:

Also...think about what a major role Al Storm, Brisk & Ham, Sy & Unknown, Dougal, Hixxy Slipmatt, & Billy Bunter, along with Scott Brown, Styles, & Breeze have had in the Hardcore scene. If they were to just leave the scene, there would not be many artist left to carry on the sound at a public level, and there would be a dramatic loss in cd material. Cd mixes would consist of only the artist's own material (much like what Scott Brown's mixes were for a while). Gammer would be a big name to live on, so would Kurt & Joey Riot, and a few other artists who came along after 2002, but it would be hard to push the sound without the more bigger names. I am still all for new producers, dont get me wrong here, but I think you should give the pioneers a little more respect, even though some of their material may not be 100% original or "up to standards". I am loving what Dougal & Gammer are coming out with.

kathryn
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,520 posts
kathryn has attended 3 events
Posted - 2008/10/30 :  09:54:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit kathryn's homepage  Reply with quote
Wont be buying it its just the same os other classic cd's nothing inspiring all overplayed tunes and theres tunes on there that arent classics so whats that all about?

Hows about we have new upcoming dj's with there tunes never heard being released instead of all these classics heard time n time again please?

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 4 pages long: 1  2  3  4
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.58 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page