Page: 
of 2

Author Thread  
mc trev
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
736 posts
mc trev has attended 2 events
Posted - 2002/07/05 :  09:25:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
i was sold a dat tape for £3 of a friend at skool dj sy & mc storm and it went from there
the first time i heard it live was at harrogate number 1 night club jimmy's (800 capacity 4 rooms )
and i hear hhc every time i go there trevor broadbank spins a 3 half hour set
last hour is happyhardcore & some old skool

he always spins BANG -shooting star and about another 15 hhc tunes
plus he span children of the night for the first time at the last ukclubculture avent (14-17's)
can't wait the next avent is 22nd july its going to go off theres always 800 teens there no matter wat (including me 16 )

he span 2with out heads- u & me
and Visa don't go away last time aswell
i enjoyed it more than anyone else there

most of them are into garadge & rnb BUT NOT ME

[email protected]

www.helter-skelter.co.uk
http://backtotheoldzone.co.uk www.slamminvinyl.co.uk

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Heist
Advanced Member

Australia
706 posts
Posted - 2002/07/05 :  21:06:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Heist's homepage  Reply with quote
Before hardcore i was into any good pop that was on the charts (usually succsessful dance songs like Usura - Open your mind and The Movement - Jump) and video game music. I used to have heaps of tapes with game music on them!

I was at a mates place after going to the basketball when i was about 11. I was sleeping on the floor in his room and i heard some strange music coming from his brothers room. He had left his radio on JJJ (Radio Station here in brisbane) and after the request show on saturdays they have an electronica segment called Mixup. I fully thought i was dreaming cause this music was having such a profound effect on me. I went to sleep after it was finished.

The next day at primary school i asked all my friends if they new anything about JJJ's 'Techno Nights' (As i called it then). Of course they didn't and so the next saturday i stayed up and set a tape to tape Mix up. The next day i listened and i had my first happy hardcore tape! It had some awesome sounding 303 powered euro trance in it and tracks like: Midas - Groovecontroll, Jimmy J & CruLT - 6 Days, Sonicdriver - Cold as Ice and loads of other great tunes. I was in love with it

I then found out my friend Simon had heaps of happyhardcore tapes and cds and the rest is history! Everyone at highschool giving me shit for liking 'Techno' until of course it became commercially succsessful and now they all love it for the wrong reasons etc.

Heist - This is your life!

www.mp3.com/djheist

WWW.VOIDDJ.COM

Mixes, Original Tracks & Remixes, Hardcore Event/Music Reviews, Pics and more...

B.C
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,747 posts

35 hardcore releases
B.C has donated money to the site B.C has attended 10 events
Posted - 2002/07/07 :  17:14:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Basically,about 6 years ago i used to go to an under 18s disco every thursday and that was when the rave scene was just kicking off with the kids when "toytown" and "Back in the UK" were first played.i just thought wow this is kool but it wasnt till i heard the whole Bonkers 1 album a month or 2 later that i realised that HARDCORE(NOT THIS HAPPY HARDCORE PISH ITS CALLED NOW) is amazin...a rollercoaster of emotions! my interest faded again until about 18 months ago when i stumbled by a copy of Bonkers 1 in a shop in Edinburgh for £3! i couldnt resist! my love was instantly rekindled with "Toytown" again and i bought Bonkers 3,then Bonkers 4,then Bonkers 5 for £10 each.i realised i didnt have Bonkers 2 and went obsessive for about 2 months till i found it(1 of my mates had an immaculate copy he was willing 2 part with for £10).Now ive ordered Bonkers 6 and 7 and im lookin forward to Bonkers 8 being released on July 15th! Hixxy is signing copies in Glasgow,Edinburgh,Sheffield,London,Manchester and Newcastle for die-hard fans! i'll be there!!!! anyway.............wooooooooooooooo

"The music was like new,black,polished chrome that came over the summer like liquid night"

1xtcraver

United Kingdom
50 posts
Posted - 2002/07/08 :  04:35:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
i've got a mate who moved near me about 2 years ago he had decks but shit vinyl apart from 1, shooting star i heard it n got hooked went on napster n downloaded loads of tunes. i got into djing about 5 months ago n since then i have spent all my money on vinyl n drugs.
HARDCORE IS THE ONLY MUSIC

Point it at your temple with the intent to kill

BouncyRaver
Starting Member

United Kingdom
5 posts
Posted - 2002/07/08 :  04:46:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Bit strange my story, me n sum mates gatecrashed this girls party used 2 do it every week to get sum under age booze and fags on this occasion one of me boys grabbed a tape! So we went back 2 his house 2 play on the megadrive n decided 2 listen to tha tape 1st song was Space invader n I 4ght bloody hell its a bit frantic innit n then after that visa dont go away wiv Charlie B MCin I fell in love wiv it n ave bin eva since!

Jon
Starting Member

United Kingdom
4 posts
Posted - 2002/07/09 :  05:35:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
I cant believe all you US guys & Gals & Japanese etc are into Hardcore!
I 1st got into when hanging round with some new mates in 1997, 1 of them had a car so he chose the music they luved it I hated it til I heard Shooting Star on a vibes mix I was hooked, borrowed his tapes then went & bought my own tape set 4 weeks b4 going to HH NOV 1998 (still aged 17 with fake ID!!!) took my 1st E & danced til 6am 4 the 1st time in my lfe loved evry minute & never looked back!
Foxy.

hardcore never dies-keep on ravin.

silver
Admin

Japan
12,549 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2002/07/09 :  05:58:47  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage  Reply with quote
HappyHardcore is a global thing :)

----------------------------------
you, me and hardcore forever.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.69 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page