Hardcore fans view on drugs?
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 4

Author Thread  
1xtcraver

United Kingdom
50 posts
Posted - 2002/07/11 :  12:42:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
ne1 that drinks n says drugs kill should revise the topic. 50,000 ppl die in the uk every year from drink related deaths(drink driving etc) in comparison to no deaths from cannibis 2 deaths from xtc n 4 deaths from speed.

i was anti-drug b4 the experience ppl that haven't tried it don't understand.
it's not that i need drugs to listen to hardcore it's makes it so much better and ne1 who has taken pills or speed will agree with me

Point it at your temple with the intent to kill

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Pandora
Average Member

United States
173 posts
Posted - 2002/07/11 :  12:50:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Jaide....We are in the same boat. I haven't done E in so long that I can't remember, I'm sure it has some to do with the effect the drug had on my brain. I had a teacher once talk to his class about the diffrence between a genius and a regular person. He explained in lay-mans terms of having bridges that pass info from one side of your brain to the other and in a genius brain the bridges are always down so info passes quicker. There for in a normal brain the bridges have to be released to come down for info to pass. Well to make my point...in the brain of an user or ex-user those bridges that passes info just aren't there anymore.

I too have troubles holding a conversation of importance and the most imbarassing part is I know what to say it just can't get to my mouth.

And one more thing, everyone who talks of "you only live once". Its so true...But remember that too. YOU only live once. Now you make a chioce....live once with a brain or live once with half a brain. And that isn't even accounting for death. I've seen my share of over doses, some from only one hit of E. Drugs aren't just what they say they are such as E. They also consist of other substances that kill in small doses.

"I kiss your lips and close my eyes, take you away to paradise, make everybody see that I love you and you love me"

DJ STYLUS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,661 posts

21 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/07/11 :  13:22:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
I have taken only one drug.....marajawana.

2b honest i kinda liked it (Although it kinda made me tired), but I still aint into drugs!!!! But aint got problems wiv ova ppl takin em though!

...Now I feel so pure!!

pacman
Advanced Member

Australia
1,132 posts

190 hardcore releases
pacman has attended 8 events
Posted - 2002/07/11 :  17:22:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit pacman's homepage  Reply with quote
i'll just say this: research the pills your taking before you take them - know what's in them.

quote:
I realized that I couldn't buy both drugs and vinyl,

so true. but i have to say, a great record is way better than a great pill. cheap bargain records are way better than cheap bargain pills.

everyone use this resource please before you have a night out: www.pillreports.com

it is internationally recognised and respected community so please follow the guidelines and be safe.

drugs is not the answer... drugs? is the question... yes is the answer

HaPPy i LuV Da HaRdCorE
Average Member

Australia
162 posts
Posted - 2002/07/11 :  18:23:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
I take the occasional e at a rave but im not dependant on them and I dont need them for a good time. I simply have it because the time that you have when your on one is a lot more fun. Ive been straight and it was great just that I couldnt appreciate the whole night because its hard to dance all night straight. e's just give you what you need to go the whole night and make it that much better and you really appreciate the visual's at raves (lasers etc).

Pacman: That sight is really good and i recomend people do use it, I always research b4 i take anything.

Im not condoning drugs or angry at people who dont take them and abuse them. I accept the criticism of those who give it to me but I have made the choice as other's have and when e is used in moderation it can equal a great time.

Aim for the moon, even if u miss you'll land among the stars...

Edited by - HaPPy i LuV Da HaRdCorE on 2002/07/11 18:25:43
strychnine
Advanced Member

Australia
2,268 posts

92 hardcore releases
strychnine has attended 2 events
Posted - 2002/07/11 :  20:26:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit strychnine's homepage  Reply with quote
I've seen a friend taken to hospital, with hoses stuck all over his body and paramedics panicking over him, from alcohol poisoning. I've seen a couple of my best friends go from being people who I could have really interesting conversations with to people who barely know what day of the week it is, thanks to their pot habits. I can't see how these two 'natural' substances are any safer or less harmful than synthetics.

Like pacman said, research your drugs before you take them, make sure you're getting what you want, and just as importantly, take only what you need to to get what you want out of them, and do whatever it takes to make your experience safer. Being irresponsible can have drastic consequences with any recreational drugs, be they organic or manufactured.

one_scatterd_lil_monk_e

Australia
59 posts
one_scatterd_lil_monk_e has attended 1 event
Posted - 2002/07/12 :  00:03:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by speccedninja:
I've seen a friend taken to hospital, with hoses stuck all over his body and paramedics panicking over him, from alcohol poisoning. I've seen a couple of my best friends go from being people who I could have really interesting conversations with to people who barely know what day of the week it is, thanks to their pot habits. I can't see how these two 'natural' substances are any safer or less harmful than synthetics.

Like pacman said, research your drugs before you take them, make sure you're getting what you want, and just as importantly, take only what you need to to get what you want out of them, and do whatever it takes to make your experience safer. Being irresponsible can have drastic consequences with any recreational drugs, be they organic or manufactured.

i agree my friends that smoke weed r alot more f'd up in the head.. they r slow in speaking think crazy.., i had to give it up because it gave me depression.. i truely think weed is more harsh then e..

*i wish i had a cool qoute*

HaPPy i LuV Da HaRdCorE
Average Member

Australia
162 posts
Posted - 2002/07/12 :  01:23:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
YeH! I have had two best mates smoke themselves boring. All they ever want to do is have a smoke. Whilst mates that dump pills are exactly the same as normal. They may be a bit scattered for a few days after but nothing worse than what pot does to others. In the long run excessive use may damage the e takers more but I have lost both those mates due to the fact they changed so much they were no good as mates.

Aim for the moon, even if u miss you'll land among the stars...

evangelion

United States
91 posts
Posted - 2002/07/12 :  08:22:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
drug= shit...

its all about the hardcore alcoholism!

only half kidding,
~a

Heist
Advanced Member

Australia
706 posts
Posted - 2002/07/13 :  01:04:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Heist's homepage  Reply with quote
Anyone who has ever used the statement 'drugs and alchohol' is an idiot.
Alchohol is a drug and a downright useless one at that.

You have made the right choice if you say no entirely to leisure drugs. But you have also deprived yourself of the opertunity to feel somthing wonderful and special. Im not leaning in either direction as ALL leisure drugs including alchohol and extacy can **** up your life.

Its all about being able to make you're own descision and realising when you are not in controll of your use and when you are. That is the maturity you need to take drugs and be mentaly safe. The physical side effects are unavoidable so you should let your body catch up and be at full capacity before you use drugs again.

I get mild short term memory loss for every E i take. It goes away gradually, but I always make sure that its COMPLETELY not effecting me anymore before i do another. I only do pills at events. I dont use any other drugs. I always test my pills and at most i only take a half a month to allow for recouperation of mental stamina.

This is whats called making your own choices and not being caried away by any pro or anti hype no matter where it comes from. I know all the facts and keep myself up to date with research as its for my own good.

Be mature and make a choice based on you're own knowlege of your body and you're chosen chemical and be sensible.

www.mp3.com/djheist

WWW.VOIDDJ.COM

Mixes, Original Tracks & Remixes, Hardcore Event/Music Reviews, Pics and more...

Midway_raver
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,032 posts
Midway_raver has attended 2 events
Posted - 2002/07/13 :  04:48:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
I drink alcohol, smoke weed/draw. But if i go out i don't do pillz or ote, ( part from the 2x i tried speed) i don't think pills r a good idea i seen some people very close 2 me get fcuked up off em. Not so much E , but downers and stuff. I think if u take e, etc, good luck too ya and i hope u have a wkd time, coz when i drink or smoke i wanna have a good time. just like u do on e probably. Each to their own i say. The trouble is on raver dies from an e, or wotnot, its all over the national tabloids etc, 50,000 die of beer no 1 cares? But keep Beer legal for me mr blunkett!!! ( oh n be a real man n just legalise the weed)

Like a bolt of lightning it's so frightning..Get ur brain now we're igniting

Compulsion

United States
253 posts
Compulsion is verified hardcore artist Compulsion has attended 4 events
Posted - 2002/07/13 :  06:51:02  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Compulsion's homepage  Reply with quote
personally i think drugs are fantastic, some ppl smoke hash others drink till the turn to jelly some ppl go ravin "au naturell" (i find these ppl are up themselves+think all drug users are skum) and others take drugs and go mental- each to there own innt..

i dont do pills very often but i bosh base at raves cuz i enjoy the effects :):)

i dont do it so much anymore due to the fact that i work alot at the raves and i have and never will drink or take drugs when im mixing, But when my sets over ill get messy!!!

**** it drugs are fantastic without them life would be less fun :):)

like sharky sez- "Get more ****ed and get Rocking!!"

Peas,Lumps & RiceCakes to tha hardcore massive

Pandora
Average Member

United States
173 posts
Posted - 2002/07/13 :  08:02:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Compulsion, You wrote on your last post...."like sharky sez- "Get more ****ed and get Rocking!!""
Well did you know that recently Sharky anounced that he was retiring from the MC'ing business due to drugs.

Here is a small excerpt of his reasons...
"I have to be ****ed to be on the ravers and my own level to enjoy this as everyone else is and that is my style. This has taken its toll on my body and i cannot carry on taking drugs. I do not recover very well and I do not want to f**k all the other things I do up.
I have been to rehab twice and I have no self control and once i start i cannot stop. the only way i can take drugs now is not at all. and wish to stop as I feel that i have more to give in other areas of the scene. I wish to remove drugs from my life completely and this is one of the ways that i can do it."
For the full post from sharkey look at the post in General Discussion named "we'll never forget you mc sharkey"

Drugs take there toll on people, eating them alive, no matter if you let your body fully recover before doing more. After a while your body just breaks down.
I'm not putting anyone down. I just want everyone to be aware of the chance they take everytime you pop a pill.
And about smoking weed, alot of my friends do it, but I haven't seen any of them become more stupid than when they are on E.
Now alcohol, I personally have had full kidney failure and was hours from non-recovery after months of binge drinking. Be careful, it crept up on me without warning.
I know what I put my friends and family through while doing drugs and drinking habitually.
Be safe and think rationally.

"I kiss your lips and close my eyes, take you away to paradise, make everybody see that I love you and you love me"

atomicb
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
621 posts

60 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/07/13 :  16:02:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
it's all good, in moderation. The only reason I use drugs is beacause I am very, very nervous shy bloke, and a bit of weed/alchol here and there helps me voer come that. Never to to the point of passing out or anything, just to .. u know give me a little nudge :)

never tried e.. hmm *maybe* my main concern is not knowing how much.. erm.. gawd I don't know any drug terminology :P.. how concentrated the tablet is, OD'ing and dieing some how.. I don't want to die :)

But I do that for everything, just not HH, when I ever finnaly get round to going to a rave, I'll take a little bit before I go in, and thats not it.

To those that don't - thats cool, just respect my choice, and I'll respect your's.

To anyone that hasn't tired and is thinking about it.. go for it, but do it with friends, and go easy. try it once, and if you don't like it, fair enough.

peace out :D

moo_moo

New Zealand
97 posts
Posted - 2002/07/13 :  22:35:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
well gday

now ive been to afew raves and well yup its true drug abuse is massive but.. its a personal choice and i think that only people who have ever tried it should comment on it.. yes people think raves n ahuh drugs fall hand in hand with it def. but its true lol .. every single rave ive been too there are people all over the place egging of thier nuts, snorting something, inhaling something else .. part of the scene.. n if you cant stand looking at it then dont go!! you cant tell me its just about the music what a crock.. its not only about the music its aboout the atmosphere, the people and then the music.. just had to put my 2 cents in..

* look to the stars.. free love mwahh*

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 4 pages long: 1  2  3  4
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.45 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page