Printer friendly
Page: 
of 5

Author Thread  
acidfluxxbass
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
5,000 posts
Posted - 2009/06/13 :  12:14:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit acidfluxxbass's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
quote:
Originally posted by acidfluxxbass:
You are referring to profit... Revenue is the money you get in only with NOTHING subtracted.

and is this not scott browns store? http://www.evolutionrecords.co.uk/

If scott brown can make money from his tracks, but isn't, then its opprtunity cost, whereby, he's losing money that he could have earnt.

In fact, most songs are sold at £2, meaning its £20,000 he could have made if they were bought legally..

I might have gotten that backwords, thank you.

And yes, Scott Brown has a mp3 store on his site, but it contains just about 1% of his total backcatalaogue, and it was last updated late 2005. If We indid counted those from the downloads, even if they're £2 each (which is overpay for 192kbps nowadays), it would still not get close to those £8000 in loss

quote:
once an illegal downloader, always an illegal downloader

... i forgot my point quite a while ago...

Right, so I don't spend atleast £2000 on Hardcore yearly? naah, I just download my hardcore illegally, because I started out illegal, i will always be illegal... wtf?

quote:
well, there are different methods of discovery, but you dont get illegal downloaders suddenly decide to use actual mp3 stores rather than torr3nt..
i dunno really.. its not my area of expertise at all.. all i know, is that it has a large effect on producers, while not devastating..

If you don't have any expertise in the area, why are making such big claims that those who download illegally wouldnt buy if they can. what do you think happened to me?
Not many, but i do atleast know of 2 who also started out illegally but ended up legal (more legal than me to quote), and one of them are even more known than me

but the vast majority of of people won't change. they aren't dj's or are that loyal to the scene.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/archefluxxuk

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2009/06/13 :  22:48:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
but the vast majority of of people won't change. they aren't dj's or are that loyal to the scene.

Who are actually loyal?

Those who go raves?
those who buys combilations?
those who buys singles?

I dont know if I said it on this thread (I've discussed this thread on the IRC chat), but Hardcore's got it all wrong. It should be about the music, not the guys who mixes the tunes. Nowadays it feels like people don't care who makes the music, just that Darren Styles is mixing it (which basicly limits his choice of records to 4 people :P). That's one of the reason why newcomers dont get signed.

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

DeezeNuts

United States
60 posts
Posted - 2009/06/15 :  11:24:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DeezeNuts's homepage  Reply with quote
If it wasn't for filesharing, some people would have never even known that this genre exists.
That's just how it is to some people in the US - it is UK oriented after all.

Mortis
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,493 posts

341 hardcore releases
Mortis has donated money to the site Mortis has attended 7 events
Posted - 2009/06/15 :  11:41:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mortis's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
but Hardcore's got it all wrong. It should be about the music, not the guys who mixes the tunes.

Well said. That's the way it used to be and that's the way it still should be. You go to an event to hear the music not to stand and stare at the DJ box.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2009/06/15 :  13:10:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mortis:
quote:
but Hardcore's got it all wrong. It should be about the music, not the guys who mixes the tunes.

Well said. That's the way it used to be and that's the way it still should be. You go to an event to hear the music not to stand and stare at the DJ box.

I actually meant more like singles vs combilation.
Artists should be encouraged to release more songs, not just to feature them on combilations.

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Edited by - Samination on 2009/06/15 13:21:13

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 5 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.88 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page