Total online 1680
 Radio listeners 154+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 CRUSH ON HARDCORE 4 - grab your free copy now!
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 10

Author Thread  
tru bass
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,996 posts
tru bass has attended 11 events
Posted - 2009/07/13 :  22:05:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit tru bass's homepage  Reply with quote
:P

Oh yes..

this is the first album for about two years that has made me get goosebumps, Thankyou crush on crew for reaffirming my love of hardcore!!!!!

what makes it even better is the fact im only on cd 1 :P AHH yeah

Alert moderator Go to top of page
leham89
Average Member

United Kingdom
217 posts

59 hardcore releases
leham89 has attended 4 events
Posted - 2009/07/13 :  22:08:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit leham89's homepage  Reply with quote
haze and suae is amazin, cant wait ti get the others on.
big up the crush on crew

Actuator
Starting Member

United States
11 posts
Posted - 2009/07/13 :  22:20:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Actuator's homepage  Reply with quote
finally!!! ive been waiting for this for so long, i hope it meets my high standards set by coh3 :P

on the download!

CrushOnHardcore
Average Member

Netherlands
237 posts
Posted - 2009/07/13 :  23:06:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CrushOnHardcore's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by tru bass:
this is the first album for about two years that has made me get goosebumps

How could you say that if you've only listened to CD1 yet? ;)

Edited by - CrushOnHardcore on 2009/07/13 23:07:21
acidfluxxbass
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
5,000 posts
Posted - 2009/07/13 :  23:51:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit acidfluxxbass's homepage  Reply with quote
albums on the download!
ipods on the charge!

damn my bedrooms ganna spell of fish by the time im done!!

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/archefluxxuk

DJHaze
Advanced Member

Australia
646 posts
DJHaze is verified hardcore artist DJHaze has attended 2 events
Posted - 2009/07/14 :  01:34:57  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit DJHaze's homepage  Reply with quote
Thanks guys for the comments.

Much respect.

Suae and I were very happy to be part of this project.

Thanks,

Ben

https://www.facebook.com/dvideaus

https://soundcloud.com/dvide-1

Remane

Australia
32 posts
Remane has donated money to the site Remane has attended 8 events
Posted - 2009/07/14 :  08:02:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Remane's homepage  Reply with quote
wooo finally! :)

m0nKeY
Average Member

United Kingdom
221 posts
Posted - 2009/07/14 :  10:29:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit m0nKeY's homepage  Reply with quote
Only had time to really listen to the Haze & Suae disc so far and really enjoying it. Top tracks at the moment on that CD are 'Hotchkiss & Stu Infinity - Last Goodbye' and 'Weaver - Voices'. Quite like 'Impact - Live Your Life' and 'Haze & Suae feat. MC Destiny - Collaboration (Edit Mix)' as well.

acidfluxxbass
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
5,000 posts
Posted - 2009/07/14 :  12:29:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit acidfluxxbass's homepage  Reply with quote
have to say, so far I'm really liking this!

The Haze and Suae mix was okay. In fairness I'm not too keen on the vocal style of hardcore, but having listened through it, there are some banging tracks that have been well produced and mixed very well. Live your Life, Rippin' Up Wax, Tell Me Why, and The Collaboration had me hooked, though.

The Eufeion and E-vade mix starts with that classic Zelda's ass! That tracks certainly exeeded all my expectations! Turntable DeeJays, I Feel Nothing are others I liked in the first part of the CD. Bridge Zone sounds like a classic Sonic remix, which I like. The 8 bit sound thing has really caught on now. Busty Jam is another I'm liking. I loved the original Seduction & Eruption version of the tune from the 90's and this redition sounds quite nice. WTF is great. It was a matter of time until someone would have another crack at Fatboy Slims Star 69, since Scott Brown did ages ago, I believe. I was surprised to see Hixxy's name down the bottom of the cue file! I wasn't keen on his song, but for him, it's probably a turn in the right direction. The CD was mixed well, but I really thought Kick you Legs in the Air dragged on a bit.. Overal, top notch :)

Entity's mix on 'ANEWERA' was fantastic. I kept re-re-re-rewinding it to particular parts! This year starts on really well too! Enough is a very nice trancey track which also has the feat of containing a great breakbeat too. Orbit1's remix of Transmission To Mars, in fairness, did disappoint me slightly, though I'm unsure why. I guess too much of the original track was changed for me to enjoy it as a remix... It also seems a bit too D'n'b for me, which is odd because I normally enjoy this kind of D'n'b with the grimey bassline. Tweak! is great! I love the vocal cuts used to make a melody or something. A very similar thing was done in COH3 in the same place of the CD! However, I can't remember the track title.. Watami is another very nice track. Very nice vocals, despite being gibberish to me. The track has very nice piano riff's and very cool sounds. Anon's No One Else was a track I heard on Podcast 4 from Luna-c. It's a nice track, though It doesnt strike me entirely as a favourite. Electric Pulsedrive is an example of the types of tracks I wish Darwin would make more often! It's a nice track; very dark with unique sounds and sound arrangement. A Lifetime Of Wickedness is just Hattrix at his producing best. I love the way he can bring the best out of any sample in pure hardcore greatininess! Just as last time, I'm ficated on the last track of this CD. This time, Take a trip is the victim of my rewinding xD Kudos Entity, great mix!

The Lee UHF & Andy Freestyle certainly doesnt start off mellow! The PSA announcement is just such a great set of vocals. However, the track struggles to entertain me, really. I guess I'm used to the 4 bar modulation in the bass rather than the big rises. After some dark hardcore madness, I entered the old skool realm! Blow The Roof is one of my favourites and I'm pleased its on there, but you have to include the 3,2,1,1,1,1! Pleased to hear some Sharkey MCing in Terrabeat. And Wow! A track I've been on the look out for, for a very long time was the original version of NoseBleed, and there it is! Love it! Must say, whilst gabber/hardstyle or dark hardcore, whatever this is called, isn't my best style of hardcore, there were plenty of great tracks and its a nice nice nice new flavour to COH. The mixing was okay, through some transitions I'm not too keen on, such as Punk > Crack Machine at 70 minutes..

Cruze & Breaks have unleashed a fantastic mix. This really does showcase the best of my favourite unhead of artists. Auscore with Unidentified Frequencies, Clodhopper with Blow Your Mind, Sc@r with Hardcore Power, Protonic with Funky Jam, and Hattrixx with The Robot. Whilst the tracks are all great, the mixing really does impress me. The tracks are short and the mix flows through them very well, taking you in every direction possible. People say hardcore isnt changing, but this CD begs to differ. Lots of very different styles used here that keeps every second of the mix fresh.

All in all, this has been a great great album. Everyone involved with it has done a fantastic job, once again. Difficult to express appreciation when the project is so huge, and yet free. But yeah, nice one :)

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/archefluxxuk

Edited by - acidfluxxbass on 2009/07/14 12:38:33
Meathead
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
4,217 posts
Posted - 2009/07/14 :  12:57:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Meathead's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by acidfluxxbass:
Orbit1's remix of Transmission To Mars, in fairness, did disappoint me slightly, though I'm unsure why. I guess too much of the original track was changed for me to enjoy it as a remix... It also seems a bit too D'n'b for me, which is odd because I normally enjoy this kind of D'n'b with the grimey bassline.

I hate it. When did Orbit1 start collaborating with Pendulum lol

Gone straight to CD3, after listening to a few tracks on CD1 and looking at the tracklist i can tell it's not gonna be my kind of thing. Whereas 3 onwards sounds right up my street

Will post back with proper feedback when i've listened to the whole thing.

"Music creates order out of chaos; for rhythm imposes unanimity upon the divergent, melody imposes continuity upon the disjointed, and harmony imposes compatibility upon the incongruous." -Sir Yehudi Menuhin

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2009/07/14 :  13:27:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
had a chance to listen to all of the cds now
and the songs that stood out for me...

Eufeion - zelda's ass
ionosphere - infant
lost soul - human being
stirfell - enough
darwin - ready for love
Krime - Hurt You Again (Orbit1 Remix)

think i enjoyed CD4 the most...but i heard all the tracks before

also great to see donna grassie vocaling in there!

Eufeion

United Kingdom
435 posts
Eufeion is verified hardcore artist
Posted - 2009/07/14 :  17:32:05  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Eufeion's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Quicksilver:
quote:
Originally posted by Torpex:
quote:
Originally posted by Quicksilver:
I guess I'm the only one with the last track on CD2 ending mid-song, then? :P

Well excuuuse me, princess!

The track is indeed cut early, but it's not by mistake or anything - just a DJ edit.

Are you kidding, Torpex? It must be a mistake. :P

Here, I've uploaded a clip so you can hear how my version sounds like. http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?hyiidwn5yna

Tell me that isn't a mistake, tell me it's a "professional" DJ edit. Hahaha.

It should play to the end of the second main riff section before the outro an it does this nifty DJ Edited cut like the track ends with a boom an stuff ;)

Actuator
Starting Member

United States
11 posts
Posted - 2009/07/14 :  19:05:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Actuator's homepage  Reply with quote
I'd hate to spread the hate, but I'm giving my honest opinion because I have to say it.

COH3 was such an amazing album to me cuz of all the pure wicked freeform. But this, well, I count maybe 4 or 5 real freeform tracks out of the whole 100 or wtvr tracks on the thing.

Maybe I should've expected this since Eufeion took over, but he used to be Leigh Outrage and used to make swell freeform-so I kinda hoped for maybe like half freeform half other or something, you know?

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate all the hard work put into this album. But I was really expecting some full-on freeform like the last one. This is a great album for regular hardcore, but imo it doesnt live up to the freeform goodness of COH3.

I know most of you will disagree with me cuz most of you prefer regular/happy hardcore over freeform. But after the amazingness that was COH3, this one was just a major disappointment to me.

Torpex
Advanced Member

Poland
824 posts
Torpex has attended 5 events
Posted - 2009/07/14 :  19:08:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Torpex's homepage  Reply with quote
Your honesty is very much appreciated, sir. We'll take all constructive opinions and criticism into account.

Keep those reviews coming, guys!

Edited by - Torpex on 2009/07/14 19:09:31
Dogsy
Average Member

United Kingdom
212 posts
Dogsy has attended 4 events
Posted - 2009/07/14 :  21:24:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dogsy's homepage  Reply with quote
Thanks for this guys! just started listening to the Eufeion and E-vade mix...wow Auscore Bridgezone I thought I heard something familier about that! Good that hardcores bringing back my sonic memories! Like zelda at the start aswell. so far this cds banging well done guys! Got more listing to do yet...looking forward to Entity!

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 10 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.48 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page