Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Tracks, DJ mixes & release announcements
 Need criticism on UK Hardcore track
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
AndyXP
Starting Member

United States
15 posts
Posted - 2009/08/03 :  17:05:49  Show profile Send a private message  Visit AndyXP's homepage
I've been producing music for some time now, and so far i've been improving in my music-making skill, but I still need criticism, especially from those who know how to make this type of music well.

So feel free to make comments and give crit on how I can improve this track:

DOWNLOAD LINK:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/fltl8x

Enjoy c:

Alert moderator
frozt

United States
372 posts
frozt has attended 1 event
Posted - 2009/08/03 :  19:13:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit frozt's homepage
I thought the piano break was a little weird sounding but none the less I love the build up and the synth used. is the track finished?

Alert moderator Go to top of page
AndyXP
Starting Member

United States
15 posts
Posted - 2009/08/03 :  19:22:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit AndyXP's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by frozt:
I thought the piano break was a little weird sounding but none the less I love the build up and the synth used. is the track finished?

No the track isn't finished, I actually plan to have someone sing in it, but if I can't find an appropriate voice then I will continue to make it more of a upfront song. but as of now it's not fully finished.

CiALiN
Advanced Member

Ireland
535 posts
Posted - 2009/08/03 :  20:16:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CiALiN's homepage
aryty i have this on now

first thing id say is maybe sidechain the chord/pad lead thing you have going on

the filters in the breakdown are nice..piano is a bit weird..id say cut some of the lows of it...the lead sound isnt bad..maybe a bit thin..sounds like just one layer..is the bass panned at all???it sounds louder on the right speaker...its not abd like few minor bits but not bad..keep it up

http://www.myspace.com/sirsimpleton

http://www.youtube.com/cialino00o00o

Edited by - CiALiN on 2009/08/03 20:17:58
Sendaii

United Kingdom
80 posts
Posted - 2009/08/03 :  21:18:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Sendaii's homepage
quote:

Hmmmm, I actually quite liked the piano.

Your levels fluctuate quite a bit towards and during the breakdown and your lead synth is a little loud, have you mastered the track yet?

Otherwise, not bad, not bad at all. Very euphoric

Hardcore | Hardstyle | Jumpstyle

AndyXP
Starting Member

United States
15 posts
Posted - 2009/08/03 :  22:25:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit AndyXP's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Sendaii:
quote:

Hmmmm, I actually quite liked the piano.

Your levels fluctuate quite a bit towards and during the breakdown and your lead synth is a little loud, have you mastered the track yet?

Otherwise, not bad, not bad at all. Very euphoric

I haven't mastered just yet, I'm saving it until i'm finished with the entire song.

Meathead
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
4,217 posts
Posted - 2009/08/04 :  16:19:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Meathead's homepage
Agree with CiALiN. Could do with Sidechaining that pad sound would sound rather nice. Also again with CiALiN, the bass sounds panned to the left.

@ CiALiN: Did you mean the bass was panned to the left? It's coming out the left on mine, bit of a daft question but are you're monitors/speakers wired up right?

You say this track isn't mastered mate? Sounds to me like it's been overcompressed, everything sounds squashed to me. Just looked at it in the wave editor aswell i doubt you could get it looking that squashed and flat without some mastering/compressing/limiting. And while i was there i panned the track completely right and left. There's hardly any bass coming through the right speaker, just the sub barely. But the mid range bass is panned completely left. You don't normally produce for bands do you?

As has been mentioned levels change a bit throughout the track and your lead may be a bit loud.

Nice track though mate, would benefit with some vocals as with all instrumental tracks i can imagine it would get a bit boring after a while. Either that or it would be used as a filler track for a set, or quick mix or something.

"Music creates order out of chaos; for rhythm imposes unanimity upon the divergent, melody imposes continuity upon the disjointed, and harmony imposes compatibility upon the incongruous." -Sir Yehudi Menuhin

CiALiN
Advanced Member

Ireland
535 posts
Posted - 2009/08/04 :  17:06:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CiALiN's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Meathead:
Agree with CiALiN. Could do with Sidechaining that pad sound would sound rather nice. Also again with CiALiN, the bass sounds panned to the left.

@ CiALiN: Did you mean the bass was panned to the left? It's coming out the left on mine, bit of a daft question but are you're monitors/speakers wired up right?

You say this track isn't mastered mate? Sounds to me like it's been overcompressed, everything sounds squashed to me. Just looked at it in the wave editor aswell i doubt you could get it looking that squashed and flat without some mastering/compressing/limiting. And while i was there i panned the track completely right and left. There's hardly any bass coming through the right speaker, just the sub barely. But the mid range bass is panned completely left. You don't normally produce for bands do you?

As has been mentioned levels change a bit throughout the track and your lead may be a bit loud.

Nice track though mate, would benefit with some vocals as with all instrumental tracks i can imagine it would get a bit boring after a while. Either that or it would be used as a filler track for a set, or quick mix or something.

moniters..wat kinda fancy studio do you think i have..me and my crappy dell speakers :P lol..but you could be right..i might have them the wrong way around haha

http://www.myspace.com/sirsimpleton

http://www.youtube.com/cialino00o00o

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.2 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page