Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 General discussion
 Raw Elements UK! **News**
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Cris.E.Manic
Starting Member

United Kingdom
6 posts
Posted - 2002/08/07 :  12:45:01  Show profile Send a private message
Hello people.

As the very first ever Raw Elements message since the day the site went up, I had rather hoped this gem of information to be a slightly more positive outlook on the label, the artists, the releases and so on and so forth.

You have probably been wondering where on earth ELEM001 (Poached & Scrambled/Dawn Of Creation) has been, considering the estimated release date was originally set for the beginning of June 2002.

Allow me to take this god-given opportunity to update you all on what’s been happening in the world of Raw Elements, and an explanation as to why the releases we preach on the website are nowhere to be seen yet.

ELEM001 was mastered in May 2002. The masters were then sent to the pressing plant (which is based in Germany) to be prepared for pressing. We received the Test Presses of the tune sometime in mid-May, and were not impressed by the quality of them at all. The sound quality of the Test Presses were nowhere near fit for release, so we had to take them back and have the mastering process done all over again…… This inevitably took another couple of weeks.

We waited for the second batch of test presses patiently for a week, two weeks, three weeks…… we received nothing. Rumours on the grapevine began emerging regarding a possible liquidation of the company who were responsible for our mastering and who dealt directly with the pressing plant in Germany.
These rumours were confirmed to be true.

It turns out that the mastering company went bust BEFORE paying the pressing plant for our records. We are not the only label who have lost out due to this, a lot of smaller and larger labels have suffered severely due to the collapse of the company.

However, we are left with minimal options. The only way we can get our metal work, which has been produced in Germany, is to pay Germany directly for the work they have done, and then take the metal work to a pressing plant in the UK to have the process done all over again. This is going to take us at least another month, plus a few hundred quid more than we really wished to have spent on the first release.
Raw Elements has already lost more than £800 before even getting its first tune on the shelves. It is an absolute abomination of which we are powerless to resolve!

Well, that is the bad news. Welcome to Raw Elements everybody, we are a regular barrel of laughs here! ;-)

On the brighter side of things though, despite the money we’ve lost and the problems we have had to overcome these last couple of months, we will not be giving up just yet.

We are in the process of talking to the UK pressing plant and retrieving what we have from the German pressing plant, and once we have everything put into place, we will be able to give you an exact release date for ELEM001!

Please just bare with us, everything that has happened to date is beyond our control and we are doing our utmost best to sort it out so the release (that is long overdue) can hit the shelves and allow us to carry on with future Raw Elements releases!

If you have any questions, please feel free to email [email protected] any time you wish.

Take care all.

Cris.E.Manic & Uplift
Raw Elements Crew.
http://www.rawelements.net/

Alert moderator
Brian K
Advanced Member

United States
8,663 posts

528 hardcore releases
Brian K has attended 5 events
Posted - 2002/08/07 :  13:20:12  Show profile  Send a private message
that's awfully sad news, but i guess it still has an upbeat side to it. have you guys discussed with other people who lost money to this plant about taking legal action? you might not be able to get all of the money back but maybe you could atleast get a chunk of money back.

aside from that, i'm still really looking forward to the realese, whenever that may wind up being

"Cuz I'm hardcore, heavyweight, magical man."

Alert moderator Go to top of page
DJ Pathfinder
Advanced Member

Netherlands
1,676 posts

51 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/08/07 :  13:35:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Pathfinder's homepage
it will be worth wait and now i have not many moeny to spend its only better for me.

You can't see me,because i am the future.

Cris.E.Manic
Starting Member

United Kingdom
6 posts
Posted - 2002/08/07 :  14:03:46  Show profile  Send a private message
Cheers lads! Taking legal action would be a very expensive, long drawn-out process. But we had thought of it ;-)

And I forgot to add:

Our guestbook is now back online, and the website updated, so please sign the guestbook at your earliest convenience!

*********Important**********

Due to server problems we lost ALL the contacts in our mailing list section so PLEASE visit the site and add yourselves again! Apologies for the inconvenience this has caused.

http://www.rawelements.net/

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.92 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page