Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 My public apology to DJ Brisk :)
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 4

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Revs
Advanced Member

Austria
2,583 posts
Revs has attended 13 events
Posted - 2010/05/02 :  13:32:25  Show profile Send a private message  Visit Revs's homepage
Hello Paul, I hope you're reading this!

I have to admit, I was not fair to you, and maybe I overreacted a bit. The part with "I never really heard a good tune from you alone" was a lie of course, you're definitely one of my favourite producers

The thing that makes me angry is that the songs you did with Ham and Vagabond like 5 years ago were so good, and when I hear the new stuff you produce, I have to say that I don't like it that much :( It disappoints me a bit...

Here some of my favourite tunes from you that come to my mind:

Taste The Rainbow
Hardcore Virus
Getting High
Angel Eyes
Punchdrunk
Turn Out The Light
The Time Has Come
Six Days Remix
Back & Forth
Crazy Love
Lift Me Up
Environmental Product
Eyeopener
Back Mamba
Serious Hardcore

Just to name a few...

I'm sorry I said you must have had some bad personal experiences to produce crap tracks like that, but the older tracks have so much emotions for me, that the new ones just sound empty imo.. compared to the old ones of course...

I don't know what else to say, I hope you accept my apology, and I don't know how I could make it good again, if I can do you a favour, then just tell me

Cheers!

Alert moderator

Edited by - Revs on 2010/05/02 13:34:45
Smoogie
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,480 posts
Posted - 2010/05/02 :  13:43:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Smoogie's homepage
Brisk has also done some really good remixes!

I also love Night & Daze as one of his best tunes from the 2000s (hard kicks make a tune so much better ) Punchdrunk is a funny tune lol

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Dain-Ja
Advanced Member

Canada
1,983 posts
Dain-Ja has attended 11 events
Posted - 2010/05/02 :  16:09:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dain-Ja's homepage
Apology or not, you're still an annoying tool.

Visit makemeRUSH.com for music from the ONLY North American hardcore label pressing vinyl!

FREE track every Monday: http://www.rushdeliveryrecords.com/?p=229

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2010/05/02 :  16:26:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage

dont worry about dain-ja, he'll start being nice to you if you ever make it to the big time ;)

acidfluxxbass
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
5,000 posts
Posted - 2010/05/02 :  16:51:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit acidfluxxbass's homepage
I respect this movement, but there is a sence of 'too little too late' here.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/archefluxxuk

Revs
Advanced Member

Austria
2,583 posts
Posted - 2010/05/02 :  17:44:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Revs's homepage
There's not much to say, I wasn't thinking when I wrote it.. it's simple, and very stupid!

Now I start missing his Facebook jokes and pictures.. :(

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2010/05/02 :  18:03:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
wow u went almost 2 days with not thinkin clearly? seek help please

Revs
Advanced Member

Austria
2,583 posts
Posted - 2010/05/02 :  18:04:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Revs's homepage
"when I wrote it"

Future_Shock
Advanced Member

Australia
2,483 posts
Future_Shock has attended 5 events
Posted - 2010/05/02 :  18:47:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Future_Shock's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by DjTriquatra:

dont worry about dain-ja, he'll start being nice to you if you ever make it to the big time ;)

He's nice to me...

whispering

Finland
8,452 posts
whispering has donated money to the site
Posted - 2010/05/02 :  19:32:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit whispering's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by acidfluxxbass:

Its been a week, what did you expect on stuff written on a forum? Buy a plane ticket to Britain and offer Brisk a beer?

Dain-Ja
Advanced Member

Canada
1,983 posts
Dain-Ja has attended 11 events
Posted - 2010/05/02 :  20:10:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dain-Ja's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by whispering:
quote:
Originally posted by acidfluxxbass:

Its been a week, what did you expect on stuff written on a forum? Buy a plane ticket to Britain and offer Brisk a beer?

The problem isn't time. The problem is that it took 30 people, two threads and 7 pages of posts for him to realize he was being ridiculous. Even then, I seriously question how genuine his apology is.

Visit makemeRUSH.com for music from the ONLY North American hardcore label pressing vinyl!

FREE track every Monday: http://www.rushdeliveryrecords.com/?p=229

whispering

Finland
8,452 posts
whispering has donated money to the site
Posted - 2010/05/02 :  20:24:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit whispering's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Dain-Ja:
The problem isn't time. The problem is that it took 30 people, two threads and 7 pages of posts for him to realize he was being ridiculous. Even then, I seriously question how genuine his apology is.

I genuinely question the seriousness of the whole topic.

nicolaslievens

France
113 posts
Posted - 2010/05/02 :  21:03:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit nicolaslievens's homepage
i think revs was serious, but nobody think he is...

Revs
Advanced Member

Austria
2,583 posts
Posted - 2010/05/02 :  21:11:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Revs's homepage
The apology was something serious..

By the way I noticed some people thought I said Brisk had some bad personal experiences in his childhood but that's not what I was saying with "bad personal experiences".. it was ment like, something terrible happened to him ( Let's say he saw an Alien :P ) and then he had to make a bad track...haha, ok I know this example is crap but I hope you get the idea. I wasn't referring to his childhood or life at all, it was something invented..

Damn languages can really lead to confusion :S

Fishy
Advanced Member

Norway
2,519 posts
Posted - 2010/05/02 :  21:15:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Fishy's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Revs:
There's not much to say, I wasn't thinking when I wrote it.. it's simple, and very stupid!

Now I start missing his Facebook jokes and pictures.. :(

U must spend much time not thinking

JayHH86
Advanced Member

Vietnam
1,400 posts
Posted - 2010/05/02 :  21:33:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit JayHH86's homepage
I think he was being serious as well.

I've tried to avoid commenting where I've felt the urge to, throughout the entire Brisk-gate affair. Everyone chipping in left, right and centre doesn't really do anything other than presenting Revs with more opportunities to say the wrong thing.

Revs, if you want my advice, and you may well not want it (and am I qualified to dish it out?), you should just admit that you were wrong, as you've done, try contact Brisk personally and apologise (so that it looks more like an apology than a publicity stunt style apology) and then bite your lip on these topics when you feel like adding some more to your arguement (I mean the Starstruck thread).

I think it was in the Starstruck thread - you said something about how you felt you had to reply to defend yourself, otherwise people will believe bad things about you. You shouldn't think of it like that man! You shouldn't worry so much! You should let your other posts about other topics (excluding the Brisk topic obviously lol) do the talking. You seem like a pretty bright guy, and I believed you when you said you were good hearted - but dude, you're gonna run out of people to stick up for you soon if you react so strongly to stuff, and don't just chill out a bit.

If it wasn't for the fact that I only just found out how young you were, I would have thought you were a bit of a punk. But you are pretty damn young, and normally quite articulate and make interesting points and comments. I acted like a bit of punk when I was your age, and I reckon I've turned out alright (highly debatable lol) - so there's plenty of hope for you yet.

Sorry if that sounded really patronising and lecturing. I'm only trying to help. You must feel like everyone (except Nicolas) is against you, and I thought I'd show some support.

Topic is 4 pages long: 1  2  3  4
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.53 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page