Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Tracks, DJ mixes & release announcements
 New track in the works
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Mortis
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,493 posts

341 hardcore releases
Mortis has donated money to the site Mortis has attended 7 events
Posted - 2010/05/18 :  22:57:12  Show profile Send a private message
Hi folks it's been a long time since I posted on here (bar the odd quick mix thread).

I totally lost the passion for hardcore. I gave up production too. Having flirted with Hard House & D&B for a few months I finally found that Rave Breaks is turning into everything I liked about 90's hardcore. I made what turned out to be quite a sucsessfull Rave Breaks mix and found a great new website dedicated to all things "Nu Rave".

So all this taken into account I finally re-installed the music software and came up with this remix over two or three days. It's still a bit rough around the edges as far as mixdowns go and I'm still not set on the sound of the bass but all the same I thought I would see what people think.

Although the track has been remixed to death I'd like to think I bring something original to it and also retain some of the feel of the original track at the same time.

Link: http://soundcloud.com/mortis/n-trance-set-you-free-mortis-nu-rave-remix

All feedback is welcome.

Alert moderator
choonland
Advanced Member

Colombia
1,100 posts
Posted - 2010/05/19 :  01:13:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit choonland's homepage
wow its really hard to review this one, I cant stop comparing it with the original, its very similar but I guess thats the feel you wanted to achive

i like the change at 3:10 its nice
and a little thing about the intro, I think the first minute needs something more going on, its a little boring imo
other than that is a good job mate.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Edited by - choonland on 2010/05/19 01:14:15
Mortis
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,493 posts

341 hardcore releases
Posted - 2010/05/19 :  01:38:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mortis's homepage
To be honest the intro was just thrown together with no thought at all, it's basic to say the least. I'll see if I can come up with something a bit more inventive.

Edited by - Mortis on 2010/05/19 02:10:53
8D
Advanced Member

Canada
820 posts
Posted - 2010/05/19 :  06:15:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit 8D's homepage
fatter bassline for shure
and something to give it more "space"

defiantly got some potential there though!

kathryn
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,520 posts
kathryn has attended 3 events
Posted - 2010/05/19 :  10:39:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit kathryn's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by 8D:

It's good innit?
And i give him a bit of ideas to didnt i hubby

Ionosphere
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,750 posts
Ionosphere is verified hardcore artist
Posted - 2010/05/19 :  22:39:44  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Ionosphere's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by kathryn:

It's good innit?
And i give him a bit of ideas to didnt i hubby

Aha, a team effort! That can't be bad and it's good to see you're producing again Stu.

Yeh, it keeps the vibe but I agree with what's already been said altough it shouldn't be too hard to sort those things out.

btw, I d/l'd the last mix but as yet haven't had a chance to listen to it....

This- http://www.discogs.com/artist/Ionosphere

THIS - http://soundcloud.com/ionosphere

VIDEO - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nYWkHCkaho

Edited by - Ionosphere on 2010/05/19 22:40:11
Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2010/05/19 :  22:51:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage
Fatter bassline? Define fatter, because as it is it's on the verge of being TOO fat. Anyway good stuff, really liking it. Keep it coming. I like the bassline particulaly. I have no complaints about the track at all, just sounds like good music to me.

Edited by - Hard2Get on 2010/05/19 22:52:40
Mortis
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,493 posts

341 hardcore releases
Posted - 2010/05/20 :  09:30:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mortis's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Ionosphere:

Yeh, it keeps the vibe but I agree with what's already been said altough it shouldn't be too hard to sort those things out.

quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
Fatter bassline? Define fatter, because as it is it's on the verge of being TOO fat. Anyway good stuff, really liking it. Keep it coming. I like the bassline particulaly. I have no complaints about the track at all, just sounds like good music to me.

Cheers guys

kathryn
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,520 posts
kathryn has attended 3 events
Posted - 2010/05/20 :  10:55:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit kathryn's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Mortis:
quote:
Originally posted by Ionosphere:

quote:

Cheers guys

Ionosphere you wont be dissapointed with mix its brilliant.

Meathead
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
4,217 posts
Posted - 2010/05/20 :  22:34:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Meathead's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by 8D:

Space?

quote:

I'd agree with all this, especially about the bass. It is "fat" - and could do with turning down a bit, it drowns the kick out somewhat but as you said this is a rough mixdown - but as it stands it's basically just a sub. I would add another grimier, mid bass layer to that sub ;). I like the bassline, kind of reminicent of a old school chilled Garage, which i like and think it works but i'd think about at least maybe having a mid section incorporating a nastier bass.

As for the track itself; you'd struggle to do anything with this tarck that hasn't alredy been done before as it has been remixed to death, including a Rave Breaks/Nu Rave mix (i've a really good Rave Breaks mix, it's listed as being made by Re-Arranged if you're interested).

The vocals sound a bit weird where they are placed. I'm used to them (that is the first line, ie "when i hold you baby") coming in a bit later.

From about 2:30 i quite enjoyed it. I like the new piano riff you brought in, i would have liked to hear it without the vocals over that part, maybe a nice, ravey, instrumental section. I like the vocal chops you've used, but the track, i feel, could do with a section without vocals to prevent it becoming too repetative.

Good effort mate :) . Oh and can you link us up to this mix you did please?

"Music creates order out of chaos; for rhythm imposes unanimity upon the divergent, melody imposes continuity upon the disjointed, and harmony imposes compatibility upon the incongruous." -Sir Yehudi Menuhin

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.45 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page