Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Tracks, DJ mixes & release announcements
 First Mix Post
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
D-tor
Advanced Member

United States
1,143 posts
Posted - 2010/07/07 :  02:58:09  Show profile Send a private message  Visit D-tor's homepage
So hi everybody! This is my first mix I'm gonna post on here... I'm actually very nervous. I hope you like it.

I think some of you will recognize some of the songs I used.

Listen and feedback?

BTW I'm DJ D-tor. :D

DOWNLOAD: http://www.mediafire.com/?wyttnrmn1gl

Alert moderator
Mortis
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,493 posts

341 hardcore releases
Mortis has donated money to the site Mortis has attended 7 events
Posted - 2010/07/07 :  08:40:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mortis's homepage
I thought it was a pretty good attempt for a beginner. You've got the basics down just need to start working on refining your skills. Also, it sounds to me like you're using a program like VDJ is that right? If so I'd try to make the move to real decks asap as you'll see some vast improvement on your skills when you do.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
D-tor
Advanced Member

United States
1,143 posts
Posted - 2010/07/07 :  09:12:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit D-tor's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Mortis:
I thought it was a pretty good attempt for a beginner. You've got the basics down just need to start working on refining your skills. Also, it sounds to me like you're using a program like VDJ is that right? If so I'd try to make the move to real decks asap as you'll see some vast improvement on your skills when you do.

I have the Numark Mixdeck, and I was using VDJ to record. In my mix, I did transition to a song on the Mixdeck and then back to VDJ.

Mortis
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,493 posts

341 hardcore releases
Mortis has donated money to the site Mortis has attended 7 events
Posted - 2010/07/07 :  14:09:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mortis's homepage
It just sounded like the tracks where beatlocked. If so I'd avoid using something like that because it makes tracks sound horrible. It could also have been the fact that you recorded it in VDJ (no idea about that though). Try recording into something like audacity instead.

D-tor
Advanced Member

United States
1,143 posts
Posted - 2010/07/07 :  23:44:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit D-tor's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Mortis:
It just sounded like the tracks where beatlocked. If so I'd avoid using something like that because it makes tracks sound horrible. It could also have been the fact that you recorded it in VDJ (no idea about that though). Try recording into something like audacity instead.

I always thought that would make the quality go down (although it's at 320) but I'll give it a try next time. Thanks!

TRIEX
Starting Member

Australia
13 posts
Posted - 2010/07/08 :  00:24:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit TRIEX's homepage
You can easily just click the little lock button on VDJ, that seems to stop the little skips.
I'll check out the mix when I get home :D

You should upload your mixes to mixes.djfez.com <- that'll get you more people listening to them. Hehe

Edited by - TRIEX on 2010/07/08 00:25:24
D-tor
Advanced Member

United States
1,143 posts
Posted - 2010/07/08 :  03:20:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit D-tor's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by TRIEX:
You can easily just click the little lock button on VDJ, that seems to stop the little skips.
I'll check out the mix when I get home :D

You should upload your mixes to mixes.djfez.com <- that'll get you more people listening to them. Hehe

I was planning to do that right after my next bulk purchase on IMO... grabbing Street Fighter, Banjocore, and some others... but my sister is really lagging on giving me paypal information!

Yep, right after I get better too ha ha.

cruelcore1
Advanced Member

Croatia (Hrvatska)
1,485 posts
Posted - 2010/07/08 :  09:42:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit cruelcore1's homepage
mix is great =). and there are many tracks what tells me it wasnt an easy work. they are going str8 2 my mp3 player.

Edited by - cruelcore1 on 2010/07/08 09:42:23
D-tor
Advanced Member

United States
1,143 posts
Posted - 2010/07/08 :  11:55:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit D-tor's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by cruelcore1:
mix is great =). and there are many tracks what tells me it wasnt an easy work. they are going str8 2 my mp3 player.

Thanks so much Cruelcore! Coincidentally I was just looking through my MP3s of your music...

Makes me feel great knowing I pleased someone!

cruelcore1
Advanced Member

Croatia (Hrvatska)
1,485 posts
Posted - 2010/07/08 :  13:48:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit cruelcore1's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by D-tor:
Thanks so much Cruelcore! Coincidentally I was just looking through my MP3s of your music...

Makes me feel great knowing I pleased someone!

Youre welcome :). And thnx.

Edited by - cruelcore1 on 2010/07/08 13:48:50

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.02 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page