Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Web site suggestions & site problems
 Stars
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Soren

United States
499 posts
Posted - 2001/05/24 :  14:47:08  Show profile Send a private message
As cool as it is too see those little stars pop up next to your name as you post more I think maybe you should ditch this rating system. Or maybe just remove the post total so all of a sudden you get another star or something....

Just ask cause it looks to me like another person is spamming the boards with things to get more stars. I could be wrong (I am most of the time) but looks to me that 1 person posting half the topics for the day is a bit much.... Especially since like 3-4 of them were on the same subject and could have been put into 1 post pretty easily. Oh well, just my thoughts.

PS: I think maybe somone already posted about this? I forget... Im old and my brain is leaving me. If this was already posted then I appologize and I am spamming also and U should immediately Kick me!!! ^_^

Alert moderator
DJ Tempest

United States
381 posts
Posted - 2001/05/24 :  20:11:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Tempest's homepage
heh. i remember oldskool doing the exact same thing to get more stars. i dont doubt that if anyone does that again, silver will make it so they have to post a bajillion times before they get any stars. so not a good idea kids. dont be so impatient. earn your stars like everyone else here.

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups."

Alert moderator Go to top of page
happy_smilez

Australia
54 posts
Posted - 2001/05/25 :  02:19:44  Show profile  Send a private message
hehehe kinda like school as a kid.... people will go out of their way for stars ( hey i think i just wrote a pointless post for a star) lol...... this place always seems to bring a smile :)

peace
lego

"now what goes better with alot of ecstacy than some hardcore gabber by me... Rob Gee"

silver
Admin

Japan
12,549 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2001/05/25 :  02:29:33  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
Believe it or not the stars do promote people to post and reply to messages, thus engage in converstation. I agree they do also encourge crap posts, but I normally delete these. I also like the fact people can get proud of their number of posts it sort of tells you what people know what. But I agree I don't want it to turn into a message board of useless babble, it that happens I would remove the star system.

Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.61 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page