Page: 
of 2

Author Thread  
silver
Admin

Japan
12,548 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2011/05/02 :  03:38:42  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage  Reply with quote
The system needs a little bit of an upgrade... I have new code to go in but need to transfers the data over. Our system is quite good but then again we only handle 1 genre so have less in our database.

To answer Andy's question.

1. A vinyl release.
2. A CD (not CD-R) that pressed over 150 units and went on general sale or had distribution.

I understand the system needs to be updated to handle digital releases but we would need alot of helpers to handle that one. I feel the system at the moment does not reward contributors as well as I would like, I really want contributors to be known / rewarded or something, at the minimum a list of top contributors with rankings and stuff.

For example Mortis has been a great help in the events section as of late, a massive help actually... I wish I could put contributors names up in lights in a rewarding way.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Mortis
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,493 posts

341 hardcore releases
Mortis has donated money to the site Mortis has attended 7 events
Posted - 2011/05/02 :  11:47:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mortis's homepage  Reply with quote
A lot of boards can let you give custom user titles or let you change user name colours etc. I'm not sure about this forum but maybe you could look at something like that for contributors?

It has user ranks so does it let you make custom user ranks and will it let you assign that rank to members of the forum or does it have to be based on posts?

Also, what exactly you you need help with to get the digital artist medal in place? Is it the verification of the artist or is it the upkeep of the database? Or help with the code? I'm sure people will be willing to help out as best they can if you ask, I know I will.

*edit*

I've been trying to install Snitz forum all morning so I can have a look at the way it works but my host doesn't accept asp and the free host I quickly signed up for doesn't seem to want to run it either (although they say they accept asp). If it is running on VB or IPB it'd be so much easier!

Edited by - Mortis on 2011/05/02 13:16:00
Mortis
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,493 posts

341 hardcore releases
Posted - 2011/05/03 :  11:21:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mortis's homepage  Reply with quote
Here's a mod that you might be able to use Silver, regarding the contributions etc: http://www.snitzbitz.com/mods/details.asp?Version=All&mid=297

silver
Admin

Japan
12,548 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2011/05/05 :  11:10:01  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage  Reply with quote
We dont run snitz, it had too many holes in it, I re-wrote the entire site, it is custom code.

Mortis
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,493 posts

341 hardcore releases
Posted - 2011/05/05 :  11:21:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mortis's homepage  Reply with quote
Ahh right. I thought it was still the Snitz forum.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page