Page: 
of 2

Author Thread  
silver
Admin

Japan
12,549 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2002/10/25 :  22:50:16  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by weba_d:
they sell rave shit and cds from the raves and stuff, it acts like a kinda sponsership thing..that would be your role, but for the production team it would be a private run show :)

You want me to sponser it how? Give you money or something?

----------------------------------
you, me and hardcore forever.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
weba_d
Advanced Member

Australia
789 posts
weba_d has attended 1 event
Posted - 2002/10/26 :  01:48:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit weba_d's homepage
its just an idea at the moment...but advertising and stuff check out muzikal kloudz

"what goes up must come down"...so keep popin!

WEBA D

scattered rat

Australia
28 posts
Posted - 2002/10/26 :  05:32:37  Show profile  Send a private message
can someone plz ask a producer to get silver down here.... i think he wants to come

---------------------------
"We r the muzik makers, the dreamers of dreams" - Willy Wonka

strychnine
Advanced Member

Australia
2,268 posts

92 hardcore releases
strychnine has attended 2 events
Posted - 2002/10/26 :  07:01:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit strychnine's homepage
i asked fenix. he said no. then he started telling me one of his trademark long- and boring-ass stories (i think it was about how he and silver used to be partners or sumthing) and i tuned out.

weba_d
Advanced Member

Australia
789 posts
Posted - 2002/10/26 :  21:15:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit weba_d's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by strychnine:
i asked fenix. he said no. then he started telling me one of his trademark long- and boring-ass stories (i think it was about how he and silver used to be partners or sumthing) and i tuned out.

um...what do u mean he said no?..who runs other raves?

WEBA D

strychnine
Advanced Member

Australia
2,268 posts

92 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/10/27 :  02:42:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit strychnine's homepage
You've got a whole rack of people who run parties (QT, Oky, Crystal, Aladdin, just to name a few), and the reasons Fenix cited would apply equally to them:
  • Silver is not a "name" in the Sydney scene - apart from people on this board, most people would not recognise him;
  • Whoever *does* recognise him probably won't consider him an 'international', certainly not enough to justify his billing as such; and ...
  • Even if Silver plays for peanuts (which I don't doubt he will, considering his obvious love of HHC), it's gonna take a fair kick of the wallet to bring him down under, with plane travel and accommodation and what-have-you

In short, Silver being in Japan makes it expensive for a small-ish promoter (like most of these guys are) to bring him down, and it's not an expense that they're likely to recoup since Silver's presence won't, for the majority of Sydney ravers, justify a sizeable price hike. Mind you, if you can get the promoter of, say, a 2500+ rave to book him, then I'm sure most punters wouldn't notice the $1 or so difference in ticket price.

DISCLAIMER: I say all the above with all due respect to Silver and his abilities as a DJ. We just have to face the reality that he doesn't have the pulling power down here. In his bedroom, though, with the vaseline and Penthouse handy, now there's another story ... just kidding! :)

silver
Admin

Japan
12,549 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2002/10/28 :  19:06:33  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
^^^ All you Australian's buy more MasterWax then... but yeah the above story is about right.

strychnine
Advanced Member

Australia
2,268 posts

92 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/10/28 :  20:52:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit strychnine's homepage
Just out of curiosity (I haven't been raving in a while), has any of the major Sydney DJ's even played "Til the Day" yet? I know some of them have had it for a while, but I've yet to hear it at a party.

weba_d
Advanced Member

Australia
789 posts
Posted - 2002/10/30 :  19:01:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit weba_d's homepage
this forum is off the subject, how is it possible to start a rave, ie utiopia , hyperspeed, ecythump, bangas..what ever

WEBA D

strychnine
Advanced Member

Australia
2,268 posts

92 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/10/31 :  01:51:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit strychnine's homepage
http://www.hyperreal.org/raves/holdyourown/

I have no idea how up-to-date this is, though.

toxic
Advanced Member

Australia
1,540 posts
toxic has attended 2 events
Posted - 2002/10/31 :  03:47:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit toxic's homepage
the obvious things that come to mind are:
*money (my *guess* would be about $10,000-$15,000) sources tell me the last thrillseeka cost a small fortune,
*contacts,
*DJ's,
*a venue,
*love for the music ...
*ohh, i almost forgot, need flyers :)

if u want to make money from it, then, "u need money to make money"

if ur not in it for the money, then "do what u think will make the rave scene better"

Crack another one !!!

strychnine
Advanced Member

Australia
2,268 posts

92 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/10/31 :  11:38:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit strychnine's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by toxic:
if ur not in it for the money, then "do what u think will make the rave scene better"

Even if you're not in it for the money, I think you still have to plan and operate as if you were, cuz it does the rave scene no good to have this awesome "in it for the ravers" productions company that's just gone broke. Not for profit but you end up making profit? Pump the money back in, and make the next party even better. Realistically, your revenues won't come close to matching your projections, especially in the beginning, so it would be wise to set those projections as high as possible and work to that effect.

silver
Admin

Japan
12,549 posts

894 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/10/31 :  17:37:44  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
You want to start a small party, rent a small place, like a scout hall or an inddor basketball court, photocopy a small flier, charge 5 or 10 bucks to get in, invite all your friends, use all the money to pay the DJ's and rent the place... have fun.

strychnine
Advanced Member

Australia
2,268 posts

92 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/10/31 :  20:22:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit strychnine's homepage
also, if you pick out a venue like a community hall or function centre or something, remember that most of em aren't licensed to go into the morning (with or without alcohol). i don't know how well the idea of a rave finishing at midnight would go down with ravers.

Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.13 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page