of 2

Author Thread  
djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2012/03/01 :  11:04:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
I loved 1992, but unfortunately my head hurts with even the thought of trying to narrow all my favourites down to a list of reasonable length.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2012/03/01 :  15:46:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Entity:

Absolute tune.

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2012/03/01 :  15:49:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Breakbeat Jon:
quote:

That is a big call saying tracks from 2012 are not as good as 1992. While there was great music back then. You can't stay stuck in the past.
Productions today are a million times better than back then. I'm no way dishing the people that produced in 92. They did amazing things for that time.
Music today is just way more complex and well mastered with better technology. Guys like Fracus and Darwin are doing some amazing Hardcore Breakbeat with the oldskool flavour, as well as Slipmatt, C*L*S*M and Entity. Check them out, I'm sure you'll be impressed:)

I agree that production is a lot better now (although I don't think anybody around now comes close to Austin Reynolds, apart from maybe Hattrixx), however for me hardcore in 1992 was far more creative the music was better, and for me, that's more important than production. The sound was new, hadn't splintered into a million different sub genres. It was anything goes, from big reagge licks, techno hoovers, Italian house pianos, cartoon samples, hip hop breaks, so much was ground breaking back then. There is a lot of good stuff going on now as you point out, but presonally whilst a lot of tunes out now are ok, there's not much that really excites me like tunes did from 91 to 94. This could be my age, but I do think this was the golden age for hardcore. I disagree that music is more complex now, i'd probably say the opposite, everything is in a basic formula for dj friendly mixing and in general you know what a tune is going to do as soon as it starts.

I'm not even as old as you and i think music now is just void of anything special. It's certainly not musically more complex, it's a lot less complex in that respect. It's been this way for ages. And it's not just Hardcore, it's all music. All the technology available means people don't really have to be creative or make much of an effort to get something that sounds professional.

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2012/03/01 :  16:25:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
While there's still a load of decent tunes around now, most of today's stuff lacks longevity - mainly because there's usually something very similar following close behind!

Today's music is great if you want a quick fix, not so good when you realise you won't listen to that bunch of tunes you just spent 50 quid on more than about 5 times! But, suppose that's how pretty much everything is these days.

Smoogie
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,483 posts
Posted - 2012/03/01 :  20:41:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Smoogie's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Breakbeat Jon:
I agree that production is a lot better now (although I don't think anybody around now comes close to Austin Reynolds, apart from maybe Hattrixx), however for me hardcore in 1992 was far more creative the music was better, and for me, that's more important than production. The sound was new, hadn't splintered into a million different sub genres. It was anything goes, from big reagge licks, techno hoovers, Italian house pianos, cartoon samples, hip hop breaks, so much was ground breaking back then. There is a lot of good stuff going on now as you point out, but presonally whilst a lot of tunes out now are ok, there's not much that really excites me like tunes did from 91 to 94. This could be my age, but I do think this was the golden age for hardcore. I disagree that music is more complex now, i'd probably say the opposite, everything is in a basic formula for dj friendly mixing and in general you know what a tune is going to do as soon as it starts.

QFT [aprove]

The Doc
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,718 posts
The Doc has attended 1 event
Posted - 2012/03/01 :  22:22:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The Doc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
I loved 1992, but unfortunately my head hurts with even the thought of trying to narrow all my favourites down to a list of reasonable length.

same here, its why i liked tracks like the energizer series

Smoogie
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,483 posts
Posted - 2012/03/03 :  13:22:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Smoogie's homepage  Reply with quote

The Doc
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,718 posts
Posted - 2012/05/20 :  21:26:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The Doc's homepage  Reply with quote
A couple more belters from the best ever year of Hardcore

Edited by - The Doc on 2012/05/20 21:27:36
The Doc
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,718 posts
Posted - 2012/05/20 :  21:33:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The Doc's homepage  Reply with quote
And this one is for you Smoogie

Smoogie
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,483 posts
Posted - 2012/05/25 :  08:27:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Smoogie's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Doc:
And this one is for you Smoogie

Sometimes volumes make the best tunes

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.36 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page