Page: 
of 13

Author Thread  
Lilley
Advanced Member

Australia
3,740 posts
Lilley has attended 7 events
Posted - 2012/04/06 :  09:46:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Lilley's homepage  Reply with quote
I thought it was shit. I'm sure it's got to notch production or whatever. But **** it was boring. Too bad I'm tone deaf.

Best hardcore track ever? **** off...

I better go back to listen to shitty music through my crappy headphones.

quote:
And for the record, Im not bigging this up because its Gammer, he's been on the receiving end of my critisism before

I'm sure that got to him no end. Are you riding on ice or something? You taking criticism like a ****ing woman and it's not even yours.

If I wanted to listen to gammer's best works I'd go listen to sharkey's bonkers mixes and kev energy's hardcore heaven mixes. Which is what I'm doing. Funny that.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Edited by - Lilley on 2012/04/06 09:47:44
lukewatheydj

United Kingdom
25 posts
Posted - 2012/04/06 :  11:08:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit lukewatheydj's homepage  Reply with quote
agree guys awsome track...not exactly catchy but would deffo be a good one to drop on a rave night

_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
_Jay_ has attended 41 events
Posted - 2012/04/06 :  12:57:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage  Reply with quote
Can't believe how many plays that has had. Almost four-and-a-half thousand in two days. Madness.

As I said before - and to contribute to the debate - I think it's a really good track. Especially the breakdown. And although I don't share his obvious passion for it, I can definitely see why Olly has got himself so excited about it.

As for people talking about a change in direction - I think he specifically said in the description that it wasn't a change in direction, and that it was just a nod to his earlier stuff.

I think it's great that a Hardcore track has had so much attention. Gammer is such a powerful tool for Hardcore, marketing-wise.

rafferty
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
621 posts
Posted - 2012/04/06 :  13:31:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit rafferty's homepage  Reply with quote
Yeah Gammer is one of the most recognised and respected names in Hardcore. Your right, people do take a lot of notice at what he does.
Just shows, it does a lot for a djs career if they are guided by a big name for a little while. Recon was pretty much under Hixxys wing like Gammer with Dougal and he's done quite well too.

Candy & anime was just a faze & a total embarrassment that everyone mocks and laughs at now.

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2012/04/06 :  13:31:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
Speaking of powerful tools...

How's it going Jay?

_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
_Jay_ has attended 41 events
Posted - 2012/04/06 :  13:41:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
Speaking of powerful tools...

How's it going Jay?

Ha ha! Knew that one wouldn't get past you!

Are you actually asking me how it's going, or was that part of the joke? lol

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2012/04/06 :  14:36:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
Of course i'm asking, just couldn't resist the joke!

Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2012/04/06 :  14:59:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage  Reply with quote
The attention this tracks receiving just goes to show how desperate everyone is to hear uplifting & meaningful Hardcore again.

I doubt we'll be listening to this track again in 10 years time but that's not to say it isn't a great track! It's been a long time since i've given a Hardcore track a 2nd listen & this track has had around 5 listens from me so far.

It's also the first UK Hardcore track i've heard worthy of buying in a long time, & that's after many failed attempts to buy some new UK Hardcore. The further I seem to look forward the further I go back to better times.

I'm quite relieved that one of my favorite & most respectable artists in the scene is still paying respects to what made him who he is. Other artists need to grow a pair & take notice.

Archefluxx
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,112 posts
Archefluxx has attended 2 events
Posted - 2012/04/06 :  19:05:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Archefluxx's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lilley:
I thought it was shit. I'm sure it's got to notch production or whatever. But **** it was boring. Too bad I'm tone deaf.

You said it. Tone deaf

Edited by - Archefluxx on 2012/04/06 19:28:29
Phobz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
893 posts

13 hardcore releases
Posted - 2012/04/06 :  20:02:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Phobz's homepage  Reply with quote
It's a wierd one, kind of like the tune Breeze & Styles - Kontact that was on masters of hardcore. Mega epic synth. I'm not one for gammers melody's but sometimes he comes out with some right awesome stuff. This is one of them just like many others. He sure as mega skills in the production department. How he get's it so powerful is beyond me.

Dys7
Advanced Member

United States
1,231 posts
Posted - 2012/04/06 :  20:51:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dys7's homepage  Reply with quote
Jesus Christ Archie, you seem like a nice enough guy, but you need to look up the definition of an opinion

opinion /əˈpinyən/

1. A view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

People think different things, people like different things. How about instead of saying "You're all tone deaf idiot f***heads", you say "I really really disagree with you. I don't know how you could possibly dislike this song!"
You're sounding like smoogie.

---
The Spirit at the Edge of Infinity
Check out my cheesy fiddlings here:
http://soundcloud.com/dys7dj/

Dys7
Advanced Member

United States
1,231 posts
Posted - 2012/04/06 :  20:54:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dys7's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Archefluxx:
Breakbeat Jon wound me up the most with his comment.

The track is all about the atmosphere, the feeling. It adds that euphoric mood. People that re-portray feeling and emotion in their works are artists. Artists are people who produce what they feel, and they put the love and time into it to make it sound good to them. They work outside of what trends. This is traveling in the opposite direction to the industry and style of music that is generating the business - and thats another thing I like about this track. Its different to they tracks produced to make money. The people who produce those tracks are more businessmen than artists.

It pains me that art is slandered as it has been. Not often these days does a melodic track with such feeling be produced with the sheer talent of Gammer and the standard of studio he works with. This isnt a random person paying 100 an hour telling someone with a studio what to do hoping that his emotion is transfered into the track by someone else. This comes directly from Gammers core. Its against the current, and thats a BIG thing for hardcore. Everyones trying to sniff out the pennies, but this is different.

When someone says he'll be pissing while the most emotive hardcore ever made is playing is an insult.
When someone says that a track that is full of raw and fresh emotion is lifeless, they are clueless. Feeling lets us know we're alive, and the glee that translates out of this track is what gives it the energy - and therefore life.

I wish people could see it that way. I like to think of myself an artist too, so I empathise with Gammer when people ignore what this track is REALLY about.

I doubt Gammer even put this much thought into the song. More seems like he thought "You know, I haven't made an oldie type song in a while, I think I'll put something together. It should be alot of fun."

I doubt he was crying for four hours, looking out his window and writing poetry before he wrote this song with his own blood.

---
The Spirit at the Edge of Infinity
Check out my cheesy fiddlings here:
http://soundcloud.com/dys7dj/

DJ Lawlzy
Advanced Member

Canada
520 posts
DJ Lawlzy has attended 3 events
Posted - 2012/04/07 :  01:09:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Lawlzy's homepage  Reply with quote
Okay at this point it seems like people are being difficult over this just to be difficult lol.

Lilley
Advanced Member

Australia
3,740 posts
Posted - 2012/04/07 :  08:38:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Lilley's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Lilley:

You said it. Tone deaf

Should I keep my job of mixing live bands or start looking elsewhere?

Lilley
Advanced Member

Australia
3,740 posts
Posted - 2012/04/07 :  09:12:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Lilley's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dys7:
quote:
Breakbeat Jon wound me up the most with his comment.

The track is all about the atmosphere, the feeling. It adds that euphoric mood. People that re-portray feeling and emotion in their works are artists. Artists are people who produce what they feel, and they put the love and time into it to make it sound good to them. They work outside of what trends. This is traveling in the opposite direction to the industry and style of music that is generating the business - and thats another thing I like about this track. Its different to they tracks produced to make money. The people who produce those tracks are more businessmen than artists.

It pains me that art is slandered as it has been. Not often these days does a melodic track with such feeling be produced with the sheer talent of Gammer and the standard of studio he works with. This isnt a random person paying 100 an hour telling someone with a studio what to do hoping that his emotion is transfered into the track by someone else. This comes directly from Gammers core. Its against the current, and thats a BIG thing for hardcore. Everyones trying to sniff out the pennies, but this is different.

When someone says he'll be pissing while the most emotive hardcore ever made is playing is an insult.
When someone says that a track that is full of raw and fresh emotion is lifeless, they are clueless. Feeling lets us know we're alive, and the glee that translates out of this track is what gives it the energy - and therefore life.

I wish people could see it that way. I like to think of myself an artist too, so I empathise with Gammer when people ignore what this track is REALLY about.

I doubt Gammer even put this much thought into the song. More seems like he thought "You know, I haven't made an oldie type song in a while, I think I'll put something together. It should be alot of fun."

I doubt he was crying for four hours, looking out his window and writing poetry before he wrote this song with his own blood.

You've no idea how hard I laughed at this comment. Pure gold. I can't believe how much ******** archieflux peddled into that post, really poured his heart and soul into it.

The track is not full of raw and fresh emotion whatever the hell that is, it is relatively boring and dull and found wanting by several. Maybe in comparison to all recent hardcore it's the New God Of Art, but I won't get my 3 minutes back.

Yes it was cheesy but it was as euphoric as an elephantitic testicle. Didn't even feel like there was much energy in it, any it did have felt completely forced.

Calling this the best hardcore track gammer has ever made is an insult to all the truly epic stuff he's done. Heaven now, The Underground, The Piano Tune, Let's all say ****, Tripod, This is the place, Crack Whore. Just to name some.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 13 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  ... 9  10  11  12  13
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.28 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page