Page: 
of 9

Author Thread  
_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
_Jay_ has attended 41 events
Posted - 2013/07/16 :  20:33:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Claxton:
Just come across this remake of a classic!! Wouldn't call it full on powerstomp mind. But it's Kurt.

https://soundcloud.com/djkurt/forever-autumn-dj-kurt-feat

Yeah I head this a while ago, Ben. Absolutely monstrous. Love it.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Edited by - _Jay_ on 2013/07/16 20:52:27
Sulphurik
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
956 posts
Posted - 2013/10/22 :  21:13:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Sulphurik's homepage  Reply with quote
This is Power Stomp.
http://www.hardcoreunderground.co.uk/store/product/id/2

Have heard some clips, not so sure I like it but some tracks sound ok.

Not sure how to describe it - influences from hardcore, hard dance and electro.

wong
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,991 posts
Posted - 2013/10/22 :  21:18:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit wong's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sulphurik:

its hardcore

Sulphurik
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
956 posts
Posted - 2013/10/23 :  11:29:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Sulphurik's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by wong:
quote:

its hardcore

Call it hardcore if you want.

Joey Riot vs Defective vs Adman - This Track Is Fire. Adman?? Adam McEvoy, doubt it.

wong
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,991 posts
Posted - 2013/10/23 :  13:20:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit wong's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
quote:

its hardcore

Joey Riot vs Defective vs Adman - This Track Is Fire. Adman?? Adam McEvoy, doubt it.

I do, cus thats what it is :)

Good bouncy hardcore

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2013/10/23 :  13:40:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
I think he means it isn't the same Adman as seen in the 90s on stuff like Pleasure & Pain etc.

CDJay

Sulphurik
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
956 posts
Posted - 2013/10/25 :  11:22:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Sulphurik's homepage  Reply with quote
I know this is bit old but still quality!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAO8lflSs40

Karthy

United Kingdom
337 posts
Posted - 2013/10/28 :  01:57:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Karthy's homepage  Reply with quote
Personally I like the whole powerstomp sound, can imagine it goes down extremely well at a rave! And I've heard plenty of people say it does too! As for the new sub genre name thingy whatever, I think it fits. It has a very similar structure to your usual UK Hardcore but the feeling of powerstomp is very different. Whether it's worth the new genre name... whatever, does it matter? :P

I just see it as Joey Riot and Kurts sound, just like I assosiate the electro hardcore sound with other artists, really doesn't bother me that they're labelling it as such though.. Pretty sure it works marketing wise, and your average consumer clearly isn't bothered by it either, makes it easier for them to know what to fist to! ;)

Kebab Head
Advanced Member

Wallis And Futuna Islands
645 posts
Posted - 2013/11/03 :  11:38:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Kebab Head's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

its hardcore

I do, cus thats what it is :)

Good bouncy hardcore

powerstomp is awesome just what hardcore needed

Sulphurik
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
956 posts
Posted - 2013/11/03 :  15:04:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Sulphurik's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kebab Head:

Is it? Alot of it doesn't really sound anything different to the electro sounding hardcore that's been about.

Claxton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,050 posts
Claxton has attended 3 events
Posted - 2013/11/03 :  15:33:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Claxton's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Karthy:
Personally I like the whole powerstomp sound, can imagine it goes down extremely well at a rave! And I've heard plenty of people say it does too! As for the new sub genre name thingy whatever, I think it fits. It has a very similar structure to your usual UK Hardcore but the feeling of powerstomp is very different. Whether it's worth the new genre name... whatever, does it matter? :P

I just see it as Joey Riot and Kurts sound, just like I assosiate the electro hardcore sound with other artists, really doesn't bother me that they're labelling it as such though.. Pretty sure it works marketing wise, and your average consumer clearly isn't bothered by it either, makes it easier for them to know what to fist to! ;)

Perfectly summed up for me.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,085 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2013/11/03 :  15:39:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:

Is it? Alot of it doesn't really sound anything different to the electro sounding hardcore that's been about.

Listen more to Kurt's stuff. His is generally more melodic than Joey, but Joey has outdone himself on a few tracks on the TIPS album

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
_Jay_ has attended 41 events
Posted - 2013/11/03 :  16:26:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Claxton:
quote:
Originally posted by Karthy:

Perfectly summed up for me.

Agreed, he speaks the truth!

Kebab Head
Advanced Member

Wallis And Futuna Islands
645 posts
Posted - 2013/11/03 :  18:50:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Kebab Head's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:

It's **** all like electro

Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2014/03/12 :  20:24:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage  Reply with quote
I know it's an old thread but i thought it better to say this here than in a new thread and i'm sorry if this comes across as a bit negative....

BUT the "this is powerstomp" has some cracking stuff on it but also a load of s*** but overall i enjoyed it a lot. Since then Joey had given away a couple of tracks on FB etc that i think actually outshine a lot of the good stuff on the album and i reckon powerstomp is getting better IF it's lethal theory.

I have noticed other releases that copy the style and sometimes are branded as powerstomp and i know that it's nothing new for people to make music that sounds like other folk. It happens all the time but i have noticed that these "copiers" tend to be knocking out very sub-standard music that isn't really worthy of the title and it's annoying. I do honestly think if it aint lethal theory, it aint powerstomp.

it's pathetic.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 9 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.95 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page