| Author |
Thread |
|
Darts
Senior Member
   

 United Kingdom
455 posts Joined: Jun, 2010
|
Posted - 2013/07/21 : 16:23:39
Hey you guys, I've been getting stuck in to making some really bouncy new Hardcore lately, with a side order of lightly seasoned oldskool... it's going to be a bit of a running theme on the artist album I've got forthcoming on Trackmaster later on this year... hope you like the flava 
http://soundcloud.com/darts/mr-ripley-burnin-kicks Just kept this one nice and simple - beats, bass, riff, ravey bits... hope you like it! Be good to hear your thoughts
__________________________________
If you're open to criticism, you're able to accept negative feedback about yourself or your work without reacting overly emotionally. Feedback is an opportunity to learn.
Alert moderator 
|
Warnman
Advanced Member
    

 Germany
2,622 posts Joined: Jun, 2010
|
Posted - 2013/07/21 : 21:18:48
Well, I don't know! Probably my standarts have become quite high during the past years, but this track neither sounds bouncy nor oldskoolish at all to my opinion. Probably I don't know the sound you're trying to reach for. For normal UK Hardcore this track sounds good, but nothing really outstanding. I personally miss the passion in it.
__________________________________
Ravers unite!
"Happy Hardcore: Love it... hate it... it's fun!" (Matt Stokes)
Alert moderator
|
Darts
Senior Member
   

 United Kingdom
455 posts Joined: Jun, 2010
|
Posted - 2013/07/22 : 11:44:39
Sorry you're not feeling this one, Christian (but thanks for letting me know) - I guess I've just tried to find a balance between incorporating oldskool influences (and a smidge of old Quosh / Maximum Impact) and finding an overall sound that won't sound out of place in a modern UKHC set...
It was never written to be a big epic anthem kind of track, just a crowd pleasing album track to go alongside some of the vocal tracks and other bits that are going in there. I'm probably going to get someone in to remix this so maybe you'll appreciate the remix more
__________________________________
If you're open to criticism, you're able to accept negative feedback about yourself or your work without reacting overly emotionally. Feedback is an opportunity to learn.
Alert moderator
|
Warnman
Advanced Member
    

 Germany
2,622 posts Joined: Jun, 2010
|
Posted - 2013/07/22 : 19:14:48
quote: Originally posted by Darts:
Sorry you're not feeling this one, Christian (but thanks for letting me know) - I guess I've just tried to find a balance between incorporating oldskool influences (and a smidge of old Quosh / Maximum Impact) and finding an overall sound that won't sound out of place in a modern UKHC set...
It was never written to be a big epic anthem kind of track, just a crowd pleasing album track to go alongside some of the vocal tracks and other bits that are going in there. I'm probably going to get someone in to remix this so maybe you'll appreciate the remix more 
Time will show it! 
2003 I accidently stumbled across Dougal & Gammer's "Fire In The Sky" and thought to myself that it's nice, but sounds like amateurish not realising that I had found one good piece of a modernised Happy Hardcore genre called UK Hardcore. XD And today this track one of better known ones and is called old-school, too. Damn, time rushes so f**kin' fast.
I still don't get one point. Do you try to get more into the "old Old-school" (Happy Hardcore) like from the 90's or more the "modern Old-school" (UK Hardcore)?
__________________________________
Ravers unite!
"Happy Hardcore: Love it... hate it... it's fun!" (Matt Stokes)
Alert moderator
Edited by - Warnman on 2013/07/22 19:15:57 |
Darts
Senior Member
   

 United Kingdom
455 posts Joined: Jun, 2010
|
Posted - 2013/07/22 : 20:24:34
ha yeah I remember Fires In The Sky coming out just after I started going to raves - it was awesome - and the overall production was very typical of the Hard Trance influenced sound of the time (although FITS never seemed quite as punchy as the rest of the D&G stuff, the riff made up for it by being awesome)
is it really classed as oldskool already?! buhhh 
and in response to your last question, I don't know probably somewhere inbetween
__________________________________
If you're open to criticism, you're able to accept negative feedback about yourself or your work without reacting overly emotionally. Feedback is an opportunity to learn.
Alert moderator
|
Mad Max
Advanced Member
    

 United Kingdom
945 posts Joined: Dec, 2005
281 hardcore releases
|
Posted - 2013/07/24 : 19:42:58
Unmixed tracks on cd? I will buy it for sure ;)
__________________________________
http://www.rautemusik.fm/ HardeR Stream The Free of Form Show Every Thursday 7-9pm gmt
Alert moderator
|
Darts
Senior Member
   

 United Kingdom
455 posts Joined: Jun, 2010
|
Posted - 2013/07/24 : 20:47:30
That's the plan Max, I'd really love to be able to do a CD release. It all depends on interest really, and maybe if I can license a couple of big remixes... fingers crossed thanks for the support
__________________________________
If you're open to criticism, you're able to accept negative feedback about yourself or your work without reacting overly emotionally. Feedback is an opportunity to learn.
Alert moderator
|
wong
Advanced Member
    

 United Kingdom
2,745 posts Joined: Feb, 2006
|
Posted - 2013/07/25 : 16:13:26
well i like it. and i can hear the maximum impact influence too . good shit
__________________________________
intensify the treatment
Alert moderator
|
djDMS
Advanced Member
    

 United Kingdom
9,325 posts Joined: Feb, 2003
572 hardcore releases
|
Posted - 2013/07/25 : 16:58:34
I like the simplicity of it, yet there's nothing missing.
If you get what i mean!
__________________________________
Taking my time to perfect the beat
Alert moderator
|
DJ Cruze
Senior Member
   

 United Kingdom
303 posts Joined: Jul, 2009
|
Posted - 2013/07/26 : 08:47:57
Love it! and very happy to be releasing this & others like it via Trackmaster Music :)
Alert moderator
|
_Jay_
Advanced Member
    

 United Kingdom
6,744 posts Joined: Oct, 2011
|
Posted - 2013/07/26 : 09:27:29
It's a good tune, Dave. The breakdown section is really gorgeous.
__________________________________
http://HardcoreHighlights.com/
Alert moderator
|
Darts
Senior Member
   

 United Kingdom
455 posts Joined: Jun, 2010
|
Posted - 2013/07/26 : 10:27:31
Thanks for the feedback and the encouragement guys, can't wait to take this (and some of the other forthcoming album tracks) out for a spin at Stompede in Leicester on August 9th and then Stomp! in Leeds a week later 
Happy Hardcore ftw
__________________________________
If you're open to criticism, you're able to accept negative feedback about yourself or your work without reacting overly emotionally. Feedback is an opportunity to learn.
Alert moderator
|