Total online 1455
 Radio listeners 171+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Hardcore Underground 6 - OUT NOW (Feedback)
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 14

Author Thread  
lurker
Average Member

United States
187 posts
Posted - 2014/01/15 :  21:31:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit lurker's homepage  Reply with quote
CD 1 was a fun listen. CD 3 was straight-up good music. CD 4 was amazing and it was foolish of me to expect anything even slightly less than that.

Fracus and Darwin's CD was ridiculously hit and miss. Is it bad that I thought Jump and Own Groove were better than every track with either Fracus or Darwin involved except Nothing Left to Say?

Alert moderator Go to top of page
latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2014/01/15 :  23:30:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by lurker:
CD 1 was a fun listen. CD 3 was straight-up good music. CD 4 was amazing and it was foolish of me to expect anything even slightly less than that.

Fracus and Darwin's CD was ridiculously hit and miss. Is it bad that I thought Jump and Own Groove were better than every track with either Fracus or Darwin involved except Nothing Left to Say?

Yes very bad.

If you didn't appreciate that CD, then clearly you are not a fan of the HU sound and probably never were. I'm sure you found HU2013 to be a masterpiece...

Edited by - latininxtc on 2014/01/15 23:30:37
Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2014/01/16 :  07:22:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:

Yes very bad.

If you didn't appreciate that CD, then clearly you are not a fan of the HU sound and probably never were. I'm sure you found HU2013 to be a masterpiece...

Seriously what is your problem? It's like non believer! from monty pythons life of brian. People can have their opinions without you slating them every time they like something you don't vice versa. You can't call someone for not enjoying one disk on an album and slate their love for the label.

lurker
Average Member

United States
187 posts
Posted - 2014/01/16 :  08:26:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit lurker's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:

Yes very bad.

Yeah, you're right. I'm just not hardcore!

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2014/01/16 :  08:50:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
Now, now, kids... Play nice!

It's a comp, by and large people will prefer different cds, tracks etc. That's good, i don't see any universally derided discs and some roundly slated by one are exalted by another.

So whilst *I* disagree that cd2'is hit and miss, that's just my opinion. If you didn't rate any of the F&D stuff then yeah.. I can't see cd2 becoming a fave .

CDJay

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
Posted - 2014/01/17 :  06:54:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:
quote:
quote:

Yes very bad.

Seriously what is your problem? It's like non believer! from monty pythons life of brian. People can have their opinions without you slating them every time they like something you don't vice versa. You can't call someone for not enjoying one disk on an album and slate their love for the label.

Are you still butthurt that I caught you in a hypocrisy over your hatred of "dubcore" in the 1st HU6 CD and your love for it in HU2013? He clearly asked a question and I answered it, a bit sarcastically and I think he did notice some of that sarcasm.

I honestly am not the least bit surprised that he liked both of those tracks considering that they come from artists that are a bit more mainstream in the scene, and most American UK hardcore fans are more into the mainstream sound of UK hardcore than more edgy risk-taking sounds like HU. That's why DS, Breeze, Chris Unknown, Hixxy, Dougal and Gammer never have any issues with gigs in the US they always have gigs to look forward to every year in California, Arizona, Toronto, and a few other places.

I have nothing against someone listening to that side of UK hardcore because as hard as it is to imagine, I actually do like that side of UK hardcore as well they make some real catchy fun stuff, I just sometimes do not like the way they go about things like Breeze and Gammer feeling like they just got assraped over 1 negative comment out of hundreds and hundreds of positive ones.

But I will always favor the HU side of UK hardcore because they came at a time where I was getting a bit tired of hardcore and was on the verge of going on to listen to something else. They brought in something totally new and different that I haven't ever heard from UK hardcore, at least not stuff that was easily accessible to an American. I never apologize for being an aggressive defender of their products and music because I have a lot to be thankful for them. Not only did the label teach me how to appreciate the new and refreshing sounds they brought to the scene and to me, but they've also taught me how to appreciate what the rest of the styles have to offer, especially in freeform and the mainstream UK hardcore scene.

lurker
Average Member

United States
187 posts
Posted - 2014/01/17 :  18:14:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit lurker's homepage  Reply with quote
I don't think anyone here would remember what I posted on USH or said in KraftyRadio chat, like, 4-5 years ago, but if they did they'd be laughing at how dead wrong you are. Also, I said I enjoyed three of the mixes. Does that mean anything to you? Or do you seriously think Fracus & Darwin's CD is the most "underground" and "risk-taking"?

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
Posted - 2014/01/17 :  18:41:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
I don't think anyone here would remember what I posted on USH or said in KraftyRadio chat, like, 4-5 years ago, but if they did they'd be laughing at how dead wrong you are.

Was talking about Vladel

lurker
Average Member

United States
187 posts
Posted - 2014/01/17 :  18:48:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit lurker's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
I honestly am not the least bit surprised that he liked both of those tracks considering that they come from artists that are a bit more mainstream in the scene, and most American UK hardcore fans are more into the mainstream sound of UK hardcore than more edgy risk-taking sounds like HU.

But I will always favor the HU side of UK hardcore because they came at a time where I was getting a bit tired of hardcore and was on the verge of going on to listen to something else. They brought in something totally new and different that I haven't ever heard from UK hardcore, at least not stuff that was easily accessible to an American.

Yeah, this was totally about him. A lot of Americans actually do know how to read. Surprising, huh?

Edited by - lurker on 2014/01/17 18:49:19
CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2014/01/17 :  19:17:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
Think he was being self referential. Aaaaanyway, let's PLUR this up a bit. It's an opinion,presented as such. Opinions are good. Feedback is good. It's *all* good

CDJay

Edited by - CDJay on 2014/01/17 19:20:56
Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2014/01/18 :  09:14:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage  Reply with quote
I also said previously as latininxtc really doesn't seem to be able to read at all. I don't like dubcore but was suprised by how much i liked Klubfillers work on Hu2013. That doesn't make me a styles/breeze etc fan. I used to like the clubland albums until #8 and #9 which i didn't buy either of because of my hatred for that sound. I find that the dubby sound can work very nice if it's got some good vocals and melody but such things are rare so my position has not changed nor is it hypocritical. The music one of these producers has made crossed into the area of music that i like that is all.

I am also a fan of HU but like others can find a lot of Fracus and Darwins work to be watered down drivvel (Ie Hu5) I found their disk was very good on HU6 which i didn't expect and as much respect i have for HU as a label i will tell them the truth about what i think of their work and i think that is what they would want.

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2014/01/18 :  14:31:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
Entirely correct!

CDJay

Janster

Canada
64 posts
Janster has attended 3 events
Posted - 2014/01/22 :  00:15:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Janster's homepage  Reply with quote
CD 1 is a bit of a weird mix cause Marc Smith is a weird guy. Haha I know that doesn't make sense, but it's a good joke. CD 2 is filled with absolute stompers. CD 3 is a good mix cause Marc Smith is a good guy. Okay, that makes even less sense but I like Marc Smith. He's a good guy. CD 4 is a good ups on the freeform tip. Yeah that joke about Marc Smith was good, but Hardcore Underground 6 is even better than that joke. Okay maybe it's really me that's a weird guy. To be serious, the only thing I thought it could have used something like I Know Where I Stand, maybe somewhere on the Fracus and Darwin mix. But alas, maybe the next entry in the series will have some tracks in the vein of that effort. Yeeeeee-haw.

Edited by - Janster on 2014/01/22 00:36:45
_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
_Jay_ has attended 41 events
Posted - 2014/03/08 :  16:10:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Janster:
CD 1 is a bit of a weird mix cause Marc Smith is a weird guy. Haha I know that doesn't make sense, but it's a good joke. CD 2 is filled with absolute stompers. CD 3 is a good mix cause Marc Smith is a good guy. Okay, that makes even less sense but I like Marc Smith. He's a good guy. CD 4 is a good ups on the freeform tip. Yeah that joke about Marc Smith was good, but Hardcore Underground 6 is even better than that joke. Okay maybe it's really me that's a weird guy. To be serious, the only thing I thought it could have used something like I Know Where I Stand, maybe somewhere on the Fracus and Darwin mix. But alas, maybe the next entry in the series will have some tracks in the vein of that effort. Yeeeeee-haw.

LOL.

Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Elipton has attended 2 events
Posted - 2014/03/08 :  17:22:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage  Reply with quote
This thread just keeps getting funnier

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 14 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5 ... 10  11  12  13  14
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.44 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page