I LOVE HARD BEATS (February 2014)
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 5

Author Thread  
Maggers

United States
57 posts
Posted - 2013/11/27 :  01:42:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Maggers's homepage  Reply with quote
I am seriously envious of anyone who doesn't need to take a cross-atlantic flight to attend this event! I would organize a caravan and drive however far away it is if that lineup happened at an event over here

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Elipton has attended 2 events
Posted - 2013/11/27 :  02:00:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage  Reply with quote
I've met Jay (obv), and I might have met Simon... I was at the same event as him in the Summer lol (but I cant remember!). I've yet to meet the rest of you losers! Damnit I've been on this forum for 5 years and I've only met a handful of you! Be more Freeform!!!

Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2013/11/27 :  02:13:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Elipton:
Damnit I've been on this forum for 5 years and I've only met a handful of you! Be more Freeform!!!

I'm in the same boat man, been on here around 5 years also & met no-one! Shameful.

Getting my life set up down here has taken priority but well settled now, roll on feb!

Audio Warfare
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,046 posts
Audio Warfare has attended 19 events
Posted - 2013/11/27 :  08:53:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Audio Warfare's homepage  Reply with quote
Line-up looks wicked, can't wait for this now. 8) Be good to see everyone again and some people I've not met yet!

Ken - Just look at Travelodge etc. It will probably work out much cheaper if you get the train out of London a bit though if you want to save some cash.

_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
_Jay_ has attended 41 events
Posted - 2013/11/27 :  13:01:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage  Reply with quote

Gaz is right. You'll be looking at hundred quid a night for even a Travelodge or Premier Inn near the venue (or anywhere in London at all, actually).

There's plenty of independent, slightly cheaper hotels in the King's Cross area - but they can be extremely hit and miss, to say the least. I've stayed in some before sixty quid(ish), and they were not pleasant. At all. Could be worth looking into, though - just make sure that if you do go for that, pick one with seriously good (and legitimate-looking) customer feedback.

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2013/11/27 :  21:24:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage  Reply with quote
Not sure why places like Travelodge are always recommended. They aren't cheap. Not criticising Audio Warefare's suggestion. Just an observation.

Edited by - Hard2Get on 2013/11/27 21:25:17
latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2013/11/27 :  22:14:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
There's a London City Hotel that's walking distance from the venue.

Audio Warfare
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,046 posts
Audio Warfare has attended 19 events
Posted - 2013/11/28 :  08:47:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Audio Warfare's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
Not sure why places like Travelodge are always recommended. They aren't cheap. Not criticising Audio Warefare's suggestion. Just an observation.

They're cheap around here. You can get a room for the night at like ?50 and sometimes even ?20 - ?30 if it's a quiet period. I've never seen anywhere cheaper for a single night stay. Maybe not the best option for longer stays though. I'll quite happily put my head down in a hostel tbh but it's not the most romantic place for Ken to take his mrs. :P

Edited by - Audio Warfare on 2013/11/28 08:50:15
latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2013/11/28 :  15:26:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Audio Warfare:
I'll quite happily put my head down in a hostel tbh but it's not the most romantic place for Ken to take his mrs. :P

It could be if everyone participates...

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2013/11/28 :  17:16:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
I've put my head down in a few strange places on nights out....

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,090 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2013/11/28 :  17:35:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
I've put my head down in a few strange places on nights out....

as long as it's not in my lap, you shouldn't have any problems

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
_Jay_ has attended 41 events
Posted - 2013/11/28 :  18:11:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:

They're cheap around here. You can get a room for the night at like ?50 and sometimes even ?20 - ?30 if it's a quiet period. I've never seen anywhere cheaper for a single night stay. Maybe not the best option for longer stays though. I'll quite happily put my head down in a hostel tbh but it's not the most romantic place for Ken to take his mrs. :P

Yeah, I've even booked one in Leeds for nineteen quid before.

Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2013/11/28 :  23:29:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:
I'll quite happily put my head down in a hostel tbh but it's not the most romantic place for Ken to take his mrs. :P

It could be if everyone participates...

The only romance we'll be having will be helping each other to the toilet to spew!

we'll get something sorted, wouldn't mind making a weekend of it.

smythy-endemic

United Kingdom
93 posts
Posted - 2013/12/03 :  15:22:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit smythy-endemic's homepage  Reply with quote
Good to see a good few people hyped about this =) Tis going to be seriously good =)

Or check out my DNB alias D.R.O.P.S here http://soundcloud.com/d-r-o-p-s

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2013/12/05 :  06:04:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:

I went to this hostel in the Peak District the the day (Castleton), not to stay though. Anyway it was at least as good as any hotel I've been in and like a mansion in some bits lol. Very interesting building. Only a tenner on Sundays too. Not an average hostel of course but i thought it was interesting.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 5 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page