Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Web site suggestions & site problems
 Just a few random radio ideas :)
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
atomicb
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
621 posts

60 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/12/20 :  06:44:46  Show profile Send a private message
First things first - props to silver for getting the radio up and running, and then giving us thw wonderful track listing/info page :)

It's turned out better than I could have hoped for, but there's just one little thing I'd like to be able to see/know somewhere - what shows are on at one time? just a little 'coming up next' somewhere on the info page would be great.

And also I mentioned randomly in another topic, and was going off topic but I left it :) Seeing as you don't want anyone stream ripping, I won't be doing it, but I was wondering if they'd be any chance of making a 'best of hhc.com radio' cd for sale as I'd love to listen to it a time when a net connection isn't avalible . Ok so I'm sure there are loads of reasons it's not do-able but I just thougt I'd suggest it :)

Alert moderator
Comet
Advanced Member

United States
1,544 posts

745 hardcore releases
Comet has donated money to the site Comet has attended 22 events
Posted - 2002/12/20 :  10:37:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Comet's homepage
Thats a great idea! I always want to know when TSR is on and such. A program would be niiiice!

---
"I'm on my way I'm runniiiiiin', I'm gonna catchu if I can!"

Current Search: DHSS songs

Alert moderator Go to top of page
atomicb
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
621 posts

60 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/12/20 :  12:25:40  Show profile  Send a private message
hehe exacly what I want! I want to know when this DJ Fade thing is on.. and right now.. I have now clue! Have I just missed it? Is it on next? :S hehe

silver
Admin

Japan
12,549 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2002/12/20 :  23:27:55  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
I broadcast from the US and legally I am not allows to display the tracks coming up BUT I could probally show the schedule of the DJ's.

As for the CD, to be fair I would licence it from all the artists that everyone played. I might be able to do a 2 monthly thing or something with licencing, how much would people be willing to pay for the CD or CD's?

----------------------------------
you, me and hardcore forever.

strychnine
Advanced Member

Australia
2,268 posts

92 hardcore releases
strychnine has attended 2 events
Posted - 2002/12/21 :  03:28:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit strychnine's homepage
Fully licensed and inlay'ed full-length CD, assuming I like the tracklist and know the DJ can mix? AU$30 + p&h - roughly average CD album price (for comparison, the Bonkers series of triple CD's retail for AU$45 each)

silver
Admin

Japan
12,549 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2002/12/21 :  04:22:46  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
^^^^ errrr I don't think I would sell more than 50 so it would be a little more simple than that.

whispering

Finland
8,452 posts
whispering has donated money to the site
Posted - 2002/12/21 :  04:30:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit whispering's homepage
i't would have to b sold in amazon.co.uk, coz they accept visa electron...

strychnine
Advanced Member

Australia
2,268 posts

92 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/12/21 :  04:32:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit strychnine's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by silver:
^^^^ errrr I don't think I would sell more than 50 so it would be a little more simple than that.

Okay then ... I'll give ya AU$0.50 and a VB Long-Neck.

silver
Admin

Japan
12,549 posts

894 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/12/21 :  07:18:14  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
50 cents no.... amazon, not unless you want to give me 10,000 dollars as I would have to go into serious production.

DJ Mouse
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,687 posts
DJ Mouse has attended 1 event
Posted - 2002/12/21 :  07:21:29  Show profile  Send a private message
why not treat it as a masterwax release?? as if it was a single but it would be cheaper as a cd surely

--------------------------------------------------
"Don't frown when someone annoys you, it uses 42 muscles. Bitch-slap the fu©ker, it only uses 4"

DJ Mouse

silver
Admin

Japan
12,549 posts

894 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/12/21 :  22:07:38  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
Licencing takes quite alot of time you have to talk to all the labels, strike a deal (that's if they want to licence their material), press and promote...

I was thinking more of you can buy it only online, you pay via credit card only, it costs like 10 bucks per CD to buy plus postage, with 50% of the money going to the artists / labels, 25% of the money going to the DJ that mixed the CD and 25% going to HappyHardcore.com to cover costs of maintaining the system.

If you have ever seen a CD or vinyl contract you will know the above is more than fair.

The CD would be an on demand thing so we would start out with high quaility printed CD-R's.

What do you think?

strychnine
Advanced Member

Australia
2,268 posts

92 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/12/21 :  23:14:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit strychnine's homepage
That's $10 USD, right? Yeah that sounds fair.

atomicb
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
621 posts

60 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/12/22 :  00:16:01  Show profile  Send a private message
As long as it's not flat out extortion I'm not botherd, coz you're a trust worthy kinda guy haha :D

dj_stey_iz_ere
Average Member

United Kingdom
227 posts
Posted - 2002/12/22 :  02:44:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit dj_stey_iz_ere's homepage
sounds good when will we see this then ? ?

is any1 else on the same level

smoke Weed and fly

silver
Admin

Japan
12,549 posts

894 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/12/22 :  04:21:47  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
When I get around to contacting every label out there.

DJSuperb
Average Member

United Kingdom
160 posts
Posted - 2002/12/22 :  10:26:36  Show profile  Send a private message
I'm sure the labels that might be involved would do ya a special deal or summit... You scratch my back etc...

CD sounds a good idea tho. Even better if you could get a label to sort it out and get it all done properly etc. Bout time Rumor released another hardcore cd ;)

12" of Love

Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.5 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page