Total online 1662
 Radio listeners 185+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Up and coming Hardcore Underground Albums!
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 7

Author Thread  
Sulphurik
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
956 posts
Posted - 2014/06/07 :  10:59:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Sulphurik's homepage  Reply with quote
Any more details on the happy Hardcore Underground album?

Alert moderator Go to top of page
latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2014/06/07 :  12:39:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:
I don't know if it's ever been suggested or mentioned or whatever, but reckon we could have a proper Vibes (and co) album? We always get treated to the usual stuff everyone and his dog's dog has got - but there's plenty of early naughty (naughty) bootlegs that could do with digital release, old b-sides, and also stuff from the late 90s he made that never got proper releases. I know him and Livelee have some project on the go but that's all new stuff as far as I can gather.

No.

For one, I wouldn't care for a Vibes album, and for another, because the majority, if not all, of the tracks featured will be bootlegs, and that'll be a nightmare and a legal risk to do considering that it's illegal to profit off of bootlegs if you don't have the consent from the original owners of those tracks to profit off of them. Sure you can say that HU is a small label compared to these larger labels and would probably not ever notice, but I don't believe Jon would want to risk that chance.

Captain Triceps
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,184 posts
Posted - 2014/06/07 :  15:27:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Captain Triceps's homepage  Reply with quote
Yeah, I'd figured that was one of the main reasons you never really see them. I never thought it would actually happen but i'd love it if it did!

https://soundcloud.com/paulbradley1982

Sulphurik
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
956 posts
Posted - 2014/06/07 :  15:30:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Sulphurik's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:
I don't know if it's ever been suggested or mentioned or whatever, but reckon we could have a proper Vibes (and co) album? We always get treated to the usual stuff everyone and his dog's dog has got - but there's plenty of early naughty (naughty) bootlegs that could do with digital release, old b-sides, and also stuff from the late 90s he made that never got proper releases. I know him and Livelee have some project on the go but that's all new stuff as far as I can gather.

No.

For one, I wouldn't care for a Vibes album, and for another, because the majority, if not all, of the tracks featured will be bootlegs, and that'll be a nightmare and a legal risk to do considering that it's illegal to profit off of bootlegs if you don't have the consent from the original owners of those tracks to profit off of them. Sure you can say that HU is a small label compared to these larger labels and would probably not ever notice, but I don't believe Jon would want to risk that chance.

So is DJ Vibes supposed to be mixing the album? I was presuming it would be compiled by Hardcore Underground and mixed by individual (s) who are part of HU.

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
Posted - 2014/06/07 :  18:29:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sulphurik:
quote:
quote:

No.

So is DJ Vibes supposed to be mixing the album? I was presuming it would be compiled by Hardcore Underground and mixed by individual (s) who are part of HU.

you're talking about the HHU album? One cd is being mixed by Vibes and Chwhynny. And there are 2 albums of unmixed tracks.

Sulphurik
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
956 posts
Posted - 2014/06/09 :  21:02:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Sulphurik's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

you're talking about the HHU album? One cd is being mixed by Vibes and Chwhynny. And there are 2 albums of unmixed tracks.

Yeah. Fair enough, wouldn't have been my choice for who would be involved in the mixes. Looking forward to seeing the tracklisting. Hopefully more kick drum than breakbeat tracks.

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
Posted - 2014/06/09 :  21:38:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sulphurik:
quote:

Yeah. Fair enough, wouldn't have been my choice for who would be involved in the mixes. Looking forward to seeing the tracklisting. Hopefully more kick drum than breakbeat tracks.

Yes, it's unfair that Chwhynny gets to sleep her way to a mix on the HHU album! Only joking Jon and Chwhynny

I am actually looking very forward to the mix, as I've never actually heard Chwhynny mix before live or streaming/download. Vibes' mixing is hit or miss for me, so I hope that Chwhynny brings in a great balance to the mix.

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2014/06/10 :  23:44:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
Not entirely correct!

CD1 is unmixed; largely of stuff either that we should have released years ago but couldn't or didn't.

CD2 is mixed by Vibes & Chwhynny, moving from happy through to melodic via hard to end.

CD3 is mixed by DJ Storm & Bananaman and moves around whilst largely maintaining the HH status quo

It's essentially entirely 4-beat, bar the odd breakdown or midsection. No "breaks" as the definitive article.

There's a lot of stuff that if only on the mixed CDs, remix wise, is largely spaced against fairly imminent artist albums. There's, in fact, some bleed with the Brisk and S&E albums, for example.

We're considering doing a retro BBHC thing on a future project; not this one. I've had strong and long discussions with various parties incensed that this facet isn't properly showcased in this instance and I'm more keen to be proven wrong than half arse anything at this late stage

CDJay

Edited by - CDJay on 2014/06/10 23:45:27
fakka13k
Average Member

United Kingdom
182 posts
Posted - 2014/06/11 :  01:52:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit fakka13k's homepage  Reply with quote
" There's, in fact, some bleed with the Brisk and S&E albums, for example."

S&E? Slipmatt and Eruption?

warped_candykid
Advanced Member

United States
3,939 posts
warped_candykid has attended 5 events
Posted - 2014/06/11 :  02:53:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit warped_candykid's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
Not entirely correct!

CD1 is unmixed; largely of stuff either that we should have released years ago but couldn't or didn't.

CD2 is mixed by Vibes & Chwhynny, moving from happy through to melodic via hard to end.

CD3 is mixed by DJ Storm & Bananaman and moves around whilst largely maintaining the HH status quo

It's essentially entirely 4-beat, bar the odd breakdown or midsection. No "breaks" as the definitive article.

There's a lot of stuff that if only on the mixed CDs, remix wise, is largely spaced against fairly imminent artist albums. There's, in fact, some bleed with the Brisk and S&E albums, for example.

We're considering doing a retro BBHC thing on a future project; not this one. I've had strong and long discussions with various parties incensed that this facet isn't properly showcased in this instance and I'm more keen to be proven wrong than half arse anything at this late stage

CDJay

TRACKLIST?????!!!!! The anticipation is killing me!

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2014/06/11 :  09:53:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
S&E = Storm & Euphony.

I *want* to post the tracklist. I *want* to finalise the mixes. There are three outstanding licenses, from one licensee. I know for a fact that if I fail to get at least one of these, there will be endless bleating about "why isn't xxxxx" on there. Last hurdle. So tired. Gah.

If I don't get some sort of useful resolution soon I may resort to public petitioning so stand ready, eh?

CDJay

Sulphurik
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
956 posts
Posted - 2014/06/11 :  22:57:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Sulphurik's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by warped_candykid:
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
Not entirely correct!

CDJay

TRACKLIST?????!!!!! The anticipation is killing me!

Can't wait to see tracklisting now!

Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2014/07/06 :  07:29:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage  Reply with quote
Wasn't sure where to put this but something that is really pissing me off at the mo is the low numbers of previews on the HU site for upcoming albums. Hu Tools Vol 2 has one preview and that's some of Fracus & Darwins poorer work. Klubbed up anthems has about ten and it's not enough to just buy something out of faith like why i bought the brisk album and not the dougal and gammer one. I did find some more previews of HU tools vol 2 tracks but it's not ideal but i haven't heard anything on either of them that makes me want to part with cash.

-On a special side note of particular annoyance is how Promises by Fracus & Darwin (also what i consider to be the best track they have ever made) is on HU tools vol 1. I want this track but damned am i playing ?10 + postage for it as i'm not fussed about anything else on that album.

- On another side note: Dougal & Mickey Skeedale - On A High (Chris Fear & Ajay HU Mix) RELEASE this F*****G song! and not on a silly ten track effort either see above special note.

Edited by - Vladel on 2014/07/06 07:39:13
CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2014/07/06 :  10:01:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
We fully intended to have a near complete clip list for DJ Tools Vol 2 sorted for the start of this week *but* Fracus moved house and his internet installation got put back until the 9th, forcing him to fall back on a 1gb mobile internet dongle. My motherboard failed, with the replacement I hastily procured being faulty, then when I got up and running again my main SSD appears to have been taken out losing well.. everything really. It will take some time to get back up to speed in light of this.

I have no ownership or clue what is happening to that remix of "On a High" but I will try to find out.

It's not a conspiracy to antagonise you.

I'll be honest; we're pretty burned out at this point. Trying to keep on top of all of the albums against the backdrop of the wider scene is far from a fulfilling and rewarding activity.

Oh, finally, I mentioned it in another post but I'll reiterate it in a more general way here too. Podcast. We do one, around every 4-6 weeks. Almost everything ends up being showcased on there, making it a good way to keep up to date with both the music and our intentions for it. We're due to do another one, in the next fortnight or so.

CDJay

edit: I misread/interpreted what you said about Promises; the issue is that it isn't available as a single track? That will be rectified in the future, once physical stocks are depleted. As it stands I think there's around 50 or so left for sale, so it shouldn't be too long.

Edited by - CDJay on 2014/07/06 15:01:16
CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2014/07/06 :  22:39:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
Also thought, as I am tired and it is worth noting, that it is great that anyone can get pissy about clips and our apparent ineptitude. Ask yourselves one thing: If we snap and justifiably flee.... What is left?

Edit: More whining. Not much point. Either people support it, or not. No need for doomsday prophecy.

CDJay

Edited by - CDJay on 2014/07/06 22:51:18

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 7 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.3 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page