Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 drugs
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 3

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
DJILLUZION

United Kingdom
75 posts
Posted - 2001/06/23 :  08:46:30  Show profile Send a private message
so does ne one here take drugs to hhc or any other type of music? I've never taken xtc or speed or any of that. i think the music is the xtc and the happy vibe can keep me going for ever (well, for quite a while). i've smoked a couple of spliffs b4 hand but nothing more than that.

Alert moderator
virus
Advanced Member

Canada
4,346 posts

716 hardcore releases
virus has attended 41 events
Posted - 2001/06/23 :  16:57:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit virus's homepage
been going to parties for 4 years, never taken 1 chemical.

adam

Alert moderator Go to top of page
DJ Tempest

United States
381 posts
Posted - 2001/06/24 :  08:23:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Tempest's homepage
woohoo!!!!!! you rock adam!!! who needs drug when you have hhc???? its a drug in itself!!!!
<--- sober

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups."

aznwasian

United States
428 posts
Posted - 2001/06/24 :  21:38:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit aznwasian's homepage
Same here. I've been to all sorts of raves, parties, etc... and I've never even touched drugs. The music and adrenilin in itself is just a natural high.

aZnWaSiAn
-I can't stop raving...

happy_smilez

Australia
54 posts
Posted - 2001/06/25 :  00:13:36  Show profile  Send a private message
ummm i have taken drugs at raves and i have two opinions about it... they can be fun.... but on the flipside they can be terrible, speed ruined me for a while and i wouldnt recomend it. i lost sight of the true meaning and the drugs became priority which is wrong, its not what its about. E's can be a great expirence but it doesnt go hand in hand with raving. Im not a person to cast judgements on things i know nothing about and this matter i know something about.... if you are clean for god sakes stay that way.. there is nothing great about drugs they all have negative effects, wanna drop an E from time to time sure you will probably have a great time but keeping on dropping them will make u feel crap in the end , dont make the mistake of loosing what its all about...great people and great music

peace
lego

==['appy 'ardcore]==

"now what goes better with alot of ecstacy than some hardcore gabber by me... Rob Gee"

"now what goes better with alot of ecstacy than some hardcore gabber by me... Rob Gee"

MCDJ

United Kingdom
280 posts
Posted - 2001/06/25 :  09:03:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit MCDJ's homepage
I have never taken E b4 because i have seen the effects on my friends and the thought of that happening to me scares me
Their teeth have started to break and now their speach is a wee bit hard to make out
I think i will stick to HHC for my highs

Happy Hardcore Forever!!

Rave On !!!!

Soren

United States
499 posts
Posted - 2001/06/25 :  10:27:16  Show profile  Send a private message
E is great for parties! Just as long as U control ur dose amount. If U take so much that u just sit there the whole night then it's too much IMHO. If U take enough to juice U, but U can still dance/talk/ control urself then it's great ^_^

Random Fact: Cigaretts killed more people last year alone than all illegal drugs combined have ever killed in the entire history of the earth.

ravemunky

United Kingdom
20 posts
Posted - 2001/06/25 :  11:14:56  Show profile  Send a private message
U'll probably have the best fun ever, doing E to hhc!! But the bottom line is drugs fuk u up and thats y they're illegal!! Good Music is the natural high!! When i go raving, some of my friends do pills, but I can keep going just as long as they do, so i dont see ne need to do drugs!! Having said that, each to their own, I have no problem with people doing pills.

RaveMunky
HI HO, HI HO, HI HO!! ITS OFF TO RAVE WE GO!! WITH A SHOVEL AND A PICK AND A PINK GLOWSTICK!! HI HO, HI HO, HI HO!!

DJ Tempest

United States
381 posts
Posted - 2001/06/26 :  06:53:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Tempest's homepage
quote:
E is great for parties! Just as long as U control ur dose amount.

i really dont agree with you. saying something like oh its ok as long as you do a certain amount is wrong. you never know what kind of adulterants could be in it. even the smallest amount can result in an emergency. the above statement seriously condones drug use. i dont agree with that.

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups."

JoNty

25 posts
Posted - 2001/06/26 :  07:32:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit JoNty's homepage

If U ask me, having 2 take drugs 2 enjoy the music and/or yourself is just sad.

All U should need is the music and who`s around U.

I`ll never take an E or any hard stuff like that coz there`s just 2 much of a risk or dying on your 1st time.

Common sense PPL.

http://www.jontyshomepage.cjb.net

#AmigaIRC DALnet

Soren

United States
499 posts
Posted - 2001/06/26 :  08:53:46  Show profile  Send a private message
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Tempest:
i really dont agree with you. saying something like oh its ok as long as you do a certain amount is wrong. you never know what kind of adulterants could be in it. even the smallest amount can result in an emergency. the above statement seriously condones drug use. i dont agree with that.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention, get urself a testing kit so you know what ur pill has in it b4 U buy it. I have been using kits for years and they are great. Additionally, the "smallest" amount of adulterant can't result in an emergeny. Currently the most dangerous adulterant is PMA and the least amount of it that has caused a serious emergency (at least in america) is 3 pills worth. And that is NOT a small amount.

And yes my statement seriously condones the use of ecstacy. Even using the governments latest manipulated figures (including all the adulterated pills) E is still 23 thousand times safer than alcohol...

The goverments of the world are trying to blame all their social problems on drugs "Oh it's ruining our youth" cause the elder generation doesn't wanna admit that they turned the world into a big $h!T hole and the youth is just a product of their mistakes and blatent lack of proper parenting. And the simple fact of the matter is that most illegal drugs are way way safer than the legal ones like caffeine, nicotine, and alcohol all of which cause tons more deaths and problems each than all the illegal drugs combined....

Quote:
JoNty
If U ask me, having 2 take drugs 2 enjoy the music and/or yourself is just sad.

I agree, and I never said anything like that. But if u take drugs every once in a while just to have a fun drug experience and U can still have fun not on drugs then there is nothing wrong with it IMHO ^_^

Quote:
JoNty
I`ll never take an E or any hard stuff like that coz there`s just 2 much of a risk or dying on your 1st time.

Well if U call approx 1 in 10,000,000 (the odds of dying from taking E as reported by the European center for drug addiction research) then I have to let you know that your odds of dying from falling out of bed, crossing the street, eating peanuts, driving anywhere, and swimming are all much much higher. U need to build a bunker right away... NO get somone else to built it and order food out and hibernate for the rest of ur life cause the odds are that U will die doing anything else.

"Free your mind"

Edited by - soren on 26 Jun 2001 09:10:15

JoNty

25 posts
Posted - 2001/06/26 :  10:19:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit JoNty's homepage

Quote:
Well if U call approx 1 in 10,000,000 (the odds of dying from taking E as reported by the European center for drug addiction research) then I have to let you know that your odds of dying from falling out of bed, crossing the street, eating peanuts, driving anywhere, and swimming are all much much higher. U need to build a bunker right away... NO get somone else to built it and order food out and hibernate for the rest of ur life cause the odds are that U will die doing anything else.

Well, I`ve never heard, on the news, about some2 dying from getting out of bed.

There`s been quite a bit about some PPL,
can`t rem any names right now, mostly teen girls, diying from E.

-=
JoNty
-=

#AmigaIRC DALnet

#AmigaIRC DALnet

Soren

United States
499 posts
Posted - 2001/06/26 :  10:38:20  Show profile  Send a private message
Quote Jonty:
Well, I`ve never heard, on the news, about some2 dying from getting out of bed.

Well that was the conclusion of that study. apparantly lots of ppls die every year from falling out of bed. I didn't make it up, this was based on a factual comparison study. The reason you hear about ppls dying from "E" (Most likely PMA or DXM not really E) is cause it's a hot topic and falling out of bed isn't....

Also, one of the comparisons i used was peanuts. Apparantly due to a fairly widespread and severe allery to peanut oil your odds of dying from eating peanuts is approx 400 times higher than taking E. It's a fact.... strangely enough.

Im not saying that E doesn't kill anyone ever. Im just saying that if U test ur pill and don't overdo it and are at all careful then taking E can be one of the safest things on this planet that you could possibly do.... It's a statistical fact. And Id personally rather base my decisions on cold fact than random hearsay and lies that government conjurs up ^_^

PS: The way the governments of the world calculate drug related deaths is hugely inaccurate. For example: if U took 1/2 a pill of E, 50 Rohypnol and drank a 5th of vodka and died the govenment would report that death as an E death, which it clearly would not be. Most "Ecsatcy" deaths are actually caused DXM, PMA, or even more likely by somone mixing 2 or more drugs at once.

PPS: Many ppls wonder why teenage females die more often than any others from drugs. A new study pointed out that it might be in relation to certain hormones in a developing females body/brain, but the much more commonly thought of reason is that teenage females take the same amount of drugs that the typical male would take even though they typically weigh 20-120 lbs less, which greatly amplifies the effect the particular drug will have on a females central nervous system, brain, and body.

Edited by - soren on 26 Jun 2001 10:56:33

JoNty

25 posts
Posted - 2001/06/26 :  10:38:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit JoNty's homepage

Oh, then there`s the long term side effects. Dehydration, headaches, depression.

Not my kind of thing, sorry.

-=
JoNty
-=

#AmigaIRC DALnet

#AmigaIRC DALnet

JoNty

25 posts
Posted - 2001/06/26 :  10:41:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit JoNty's homepage

Quote:
Well that was the conclusion of that study. apparantly lots of ppls die every year from falling out of bed.

If u ask me, that`s actually quite interesting. No, really. :)

-=
JoNty
-=

#AmigaIRC DALnet

#AmigaIRC DALnet

Soren

United States
499 posts
Posted - 2001/06/26 :  11:04:36  Show profile  Send a private message
quote:
Originally posted by JoNty:

Oh, then there`s the long term side effects. Dehydration, headaches, depression.
Not my kind of thing, sorry.

All three of these are actually short term side effects. Addressing the commonly brought up depression issue: Deppression due to taking E is caused by a lack of serotonin and by the recessing of serotonin receptors in your brain. Serotonin is constantly being replaced in your brain and takes no longer than 48 hours to be completely replenished. The receptors completly reemerge after 2-4 weeks (depending on the individual). So normal brain function is completely re attained after a max of 4 weeks as long as you don't take more E and 99% of the effects are gone within 48 hours. E does NOT cause depression. When U hear ppls talking about how E causes depression they are getting their info from a US government study done by Dr. Ricarte in which he gave rats injections of MDMA at doses of 200mg/KG (which is like me taking...ummm.. about 160 pills at once) an then he noticed there was a very small decrease in the amount of 5-ht produced by the brain (a very small decrease i forget how much) but while 5-ht is used in the producion of serotonin a small decrease in 5-ht in no way proves that E causes depression, and also even if it did prove depression the dose level for a typical 150lb person would be about 150 pills to cause that small decrease, which quite frankly is a ludicrous amount.

There were 2 other studies done with more "normal" dose ranges that both showed no change in brain function. But that's not really sensationalistic news so it never made any headlines....

^_^

"Don't believe everything that U breathe"

Edited by - soren on 26 Jun 2001 11:58:07

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.86 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page